You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

BOTgate 04.30 a.m £5.50 BH, Sherlock Holmes, Poirot,Miss Marple (especially) & Super Sleuths welcome

misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
edited October 2020 in Brags, Beats and Variance
Now, Ladies and Gentleman, before you lot, go GangNam Style
Forget, who it is, posting.
Try, the subject matter.

This is, the 04.30 £5.50 Bounty Hunter.
Usually, very small fields, approaching the 5 minute rest break, at 04.55,two tables, eight runners, as you will see, myself, and another player, on a table of four players, naturally the two small stacks, and, per chance, we were seated, with the chip leaders, in 1st and 2nd.
Thus far, fairly standard stuff.Then,that changed!
Simoultaneously, the TWO stacked players, (only 8 left in tourney, late reg, closed and all that) 'became away' hand before rest break'
Stayed away, all rest break, and 'away' for the rest of the mtt, which took another hour to conclude.

Both myself, and the other active player, found this situation (1) odd, unusual,very very unusual, played hundreds of these, early morning jobbies, oft, with an arched brow, and never, ever, experienced this before.

So, Ocams Razor says ; which hypotheses (multiple choice!) just like the old school exams.
1. stacked chip leaders ONE and TWO, both simultaneously fell FAST ASLEEP? 125-1
2. stacked chip leaders ONE and TWO, both simultaneously permenantly lost their connections 25-1
3. 'summit else' hmm! 1-66

In, the last 48 hours, both, BOTH, players A & B, have played, precisely ONE, only one, MTT, this one!

Just for, my and others clarification?
Automated betting software (B. O. T. S.) are,;
(A) banned
(B) illegal
(C)??? not in use, on this site.

Remember, not just yours truly, but, the other active player, smelt a RAT, not just me.
'We' would like this put, to your Sniff Test.

GangNam style, over to you.

Comments

• bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,699
    If you’ve played hundreds of these you’d expect to have seen a 125-1 shot a couple of times eh?

Strange to complain about the free equity given by two players (and a large % of the field) leaving the game.
  • gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    the question is did u win the tournie with 2 away and you being chip leader sky put you in at 8/1 thought that was a bit tight so didn't play
  • Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    But what happened in the KQs hand? Did you win the bounty? The people deserve to know
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    You're a very intriguing man.

You've made a(nother) inane conspiracy theory post about sitting out players whilst also understanding and successfully applying the complex theory of Occam'z razor to it. Fair play
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,483
    mumsie said:

Good work PJ , Birmingham to Derby is only an hour away.

Your work here is done, now go back to your village.

Its short of one key person.

This post would have got my nomination for post of the week if only you had called that road the M6 troll road ;)
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    You've given me a lot to think about here.

Why do you find someone falling asleep at 4:30am so unlikely?

What do you think B.O.T.S. is an acronym of?

Where and how does Gangnam Style come into the equation?

How did you manage to win a tournament?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810
    MAXALLY said:

mumsie said:

Good work PJ , Birmingham to Derby is only an hour away.

Your work here is done, now go back to your village.

Its short of one key person.

This post would have got my nomination for post of the week if only you had called that road the M6 troll road ;)

To be fair, it was pretty good already & I laughed far more than I care to admit, but yeah, M6 Troll Road would have been epic.
    Allan23 said:

You've made a(nother) inane conspiracy theory post about sitting out players whilst also understanding and successfully applying the complex theory of Occam'z razor to it. Fair play

Successfully?
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    bbMike said:

Allan23 said:

Successfully?
    Yes that was my point! The hypotheses are ludicrous but it has been applied correctly
    The most simplest solution is likely to be the answer, and he’s arrived at a Bot account running two accounts on a fiver MTT at 4.30am and going offline. :D

Sherlock Holmes was never a fan of Occam’s Razor :D
  • hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    both accounts are very old would seem strange that they have been playing for 10 years and are not winning players i would just think they both turned it off and went to bed a fiver is nothing to cry about would be very shocked if they were both bots looking at the stats also who is Wheels as i have more notes on you then any other player on sky
  • Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    I'm so glad i've discovered this forum recently.
    @misterpj please don't leave it long until your next post, you have a fan here!
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Well, Stone The Crows,

Guess, what.

Because, it is yours truly,.. The subject matter, bar, a few,.. Gets, thrown in the long grass.

Like, I need, an education, on the distance, between, BIRMINGHAM, & DERBYSHIRE..

would, love, to use, an expletive, but...

2 players, randomly, chose, their only mtt, a £5.50 buyin, in 48 hours.
    Coincidently, that, happens, to be, at 04.30 am, on Sunday morning.
    Coincidently, both, players, runaway, chipeaders, mysteriously, go AWOL, exact same time
    Coincidently, rest break, stay AWOL, all tourney,
    If, the majority, cannot, see, suss out, the in plaine site, Mystery,..
    Well, thankfully, on, a world, respected, renowned, poker forum,
    A, very different, opinion.

Xxx
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

"2 players, randomly, chose, their only mtt, a £5.50 buyin, in 48 hours"

Wrong, in both cases.
  • Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    Tikay10 said:

"2 players, randomly, chose, their only mtt, a £5.50 buyin, in 48 hours"

Wrong, in both cases.

im shocked
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    This is Vespa levels of crackheadedness (can't believe thats not a word)
    'well, that, settles that then'

Absolutely, zero, to be remotely, concerned about.
    Gpc 😘😘😘
    👍👍👍👍👍

• Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    Your postulation needs more ammunition.

INTERROBANG: "when a writer wishes to convey incredulity"