You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Thank goodness for sport. The weekend's action summed up in a few photos...

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,109
edited October 2020 in The Rail

With all this depressing virus news I'm not sure what we would do without sport, it's the best thing ever.

Here's a quick sideways look at the weekend's sporting action & headlines.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    On Saturday Ascot staged one of the biggest day's horse racing of the year. There were 6 races, & 4 of the 6 winners were ridden by the media darling's of Hollie Doyle & Tom Marquand. They are a credit to racing, & live together in Hungerford. These were not fancied mounts either - they were priced at 11/1, 16/1, 9/1 & 15/2.

Step aside Frankie.

• Options

Aguero - aka Aggguuueerrroooooooo - set Twitter alight on Saturday. Half were saying players should never touch an Official, & half were saying the fuss was only because the third official - we used to call them linesmen - was female.

I fancy @hhyftrftdr would say "nothing to see here".

• Options

Due to a technicality, Pickford somehow escaped any censure whatsoever for this horror tackle which is going to sideline VvD for at least 6 months. Both feet off the ground & the mother of all scissor tackles.

There are exactly 2 people who think Pickford is England's best 'keeper - Gareth Southgate & Jordan Pickford. It's a huge shame for Everton who at last have a team to be proud of, with one exception.

Dare you to describe Pickford in one word.

• Options
    edited October 2020

Spurs were 3-0 up against West Ham with 8 minutes remaining & somehow only managed a 3-3 draw.

Joe Beevers, a hardened West Ham fan & one of the shrewdest gamblers I know - & one of my most loyal & helpful friends in poker - posted this screenshot from Betfair. Yup, over £1.5 million at 1.02 or less.

I smell burnt fingers, but they won't be Joe's.

• Options

Jonathan Rea won his 6th straight World Superbike title yesterday. He's now won 99 races but will have to wait until next season for win # 100 as he slid off during the race. Rather bizarrely, that made it 4 straight races without a podium finish, the first time that's happened in those 6 seasons.

He crashed mid-race at over 100 mph & promptly got back on his bike & rode to the finish. I can't believe how brave these guys are, imagine crashing at 100+mph & getting straight back on the bike. When a footballer gets a gentle cuff in the facial area they go down as if they have been shot, yet these guys just get up & get on with it. Proper men, see?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Judd Trump won the English Open in the deciding frame against Neil Robertson who was desperately unlucky after he got a "kick" on a crucial shot.

Judd enjoys his wealth, drives a Roller, wears a Rolex, & has all the gear.

It's his shoes that trouble me though. Made by Christian Louboutin they retail at £900 a pair. If I saw them in the oddments box at Poundland for ten bob I'd think they were overpriced.

• Options

The PGA Golf was from Shadow Creek in Las Vegas & was won by Jason Kokrak.

The course is beyond amazing. Those who have been to Vegas know that due to the climate there is no natural grass, no trees, no earth to support plant growth. In fact there has yet to be a single drop of rain in Vegas so far this year.

And yet somehow they have constructed THE most beautiful golf course in the middle of that arid desert.

It's easy enough to find. Spot the golf course.

The course was built & financed by Steve Wynn, who you may know was the big cheese at Wynn & Encore Hotels. He also oversaw Golden Nugget, Mirage, Treasure Island & Bellagio. Seriously Big Cheese is Steve. Or was.

Life could not have been better for Mr Wynn, but he could not resist behaving improperly with his female staff, & the Nevada Gambling Commission chased him out of town.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Hope you enjoyed that mini round up. If it gets decent views & generates a bit of debate & feedback we'll do it regularly in future.
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    Re Pickford, the word I'd choose is "liability". He's gonna cost us big time this season unless Ancelotti "rests" him soon.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Tikay10 said:

Due to a technicality, Pickford somehow escaped any censure whatsoever for this horror tackle which is going to sideline VvD for at least 6 months. Both feet off the ground & the mother of all scissor tackles.

There are exactly 2 people who think Pickford is England's best 'keeper - Gareth Southgate & Jordan Pickford. It's a huge shame for Everton who at last have a team to be proud of, with one exception.

Dare you to describe Pickford in one word.

overrated?
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Tikay10 said:

Judd Trump won the English Open in the deciding frame against Neil Robertson who was desperately unlucky after he got a "kick" on a crucial shot.

Judd enjoys his wealth, drives a Roller, wears a Rolex, & has all the gear.

It's his shoes that trouble me though. Made by Christian Louboutin they retail at £900 a pair. If I saw them in the oddments box at Poundland for ten bob I'd think they were overpriced.

TBF...I thinks that's a RR Wraith, which a classy looking coupe
  • Options

Re Pickford, the word I'd choose is "liability". He's gonna cost us big time this season unless Ancelotti "rests" him soon.

@Toffeeandy

GL this season mate, though don't tell @dragon1964 I said that.

As to Pickford, "plonker" works too.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    That golf course is crazy. Not even going to guess how much water is needed to keep it green.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    PKRPar said:

That golf course is crazy. Not even going to guess how much water is needed to keep it green.

@PKRPar

Exactly.

Meanwhile, Lake Mead, which supplies most of the water for Vegas, is gradually running dry, as we can see from the "tide marks".

• Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Tikay10 said:

Hope you enjoyed that mini round up. If it gets decent views & generates a bit of debate & feedback we'll do it regularly in future.

I enjoyed and would read again. However we do have football too away up here in Scotland @Tikay10. Surely the old firm is more of a talking point than a draw between also-rans West ham and spurs.
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    gregkdy82 said:

Tikay10 said:

I enjoyed and would read again. However we do have football too away up here in Scotland @Tikay10. Surely the old firm is more of a talking point than a draw between also-rans West ham and spurs.
    er nope
  • Options

@gregkdy82

Sorry, I only follow top level football - Premier League, Champo, L1 & L2.

Maybe next week I'll do National League South & North, & even some Scottish stuff.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Fair enough. Though if the big talking points of the weekends football from the greatest league in the world are a player touching a linesperson and another player getting injured from a tackle then I think I'll just stick to following the dross up here.

Since you are not going to oblige I will post my own picture.

Nevermind your RR wraith. Here is the RR Raith Rovers raising our champions flag. Do you even get a flag for winning a league in England? Pffft lot of shite.

A real football team in a stunningly beautiful stadium for you all.
    You're welcome. :D

• Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    edited October 2020
    gregkdy82 said:

Fair enough. Though if the big talking points of the weekends football from the greatest league in the world are a player touching a linesperson and another player getting injured from a tackle then I think I'll just stick to following the dross up here.

Since you are not going to oblige I will post my own picture.

Nevermind your RR wraith. Here is the RR Raith Rovers raising our champions flag. Do you even get a flag for winning a league in England? Pffft lot of shite.

A real football team in a stunningly beautiful stadium for you all.
    You're welcome. :D

looks like covid isn't affecting your crowd attendances anyway...
  • Options

^^^^

oooh.

Quality burn that.