You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Thank goodness for sport. The weekend's action summed up in a few photos...

2»

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,789
    gregkdy82 said:

Fair enough. Though if the big talking points of the weekends football from the greatest league in the world are a player touching a linesperson and another player getting injured from a tackle then I think I'll just stick to following the dross up here.

Since you are not going to oblige I will post my own picture.

Nevermind your RR wraith. Here is the RR Raith Rovers raising our champions flag. Do you even get a flag for winning a league in England? Pffft lot of shite.

A real football team in a stunningly beautiful stadium for you all.
    You're welcome. :D

@gregkdy82

Fair play to you fella, at least it counts as feedback.

Tell you what I'll do, I'll report on the Champions League matches that Celtic play this season, that do you?
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    edited October 2020
    Tikay10 said:

Jonathan Rea won his 6th straight World Superbike title yesterday. He's now won 99 races but will have to wait until next season for win # 100 as he slid off during the race. Rather bizarrely, that made it 4 straight races without a podium finish, the first time that's happened in those 6 seasons.

He crashed mid-race at over 100 mph & promptly got back on his bike & rode to the finish. I can't believe how brave these guys are, imagine crashing at 100+mph & getting straight back on the bike. When a footballer gets a gentle cuff in the facial area they go down as if they have been shot, yet these guys just get up & get on with it. Proper men, see?

Enjoying the sport updates @Tikay10.

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Also enjoyed reading through this thread. Hope it becomes a regular feature :)
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,979
    gregkdy82 said:

Fair enough. Though if the big talking points of the weekends football from the greatest league in the world are a player touching a linesperson and another player getting injured from a tackle then I think I'll just stick to following the dross up here.

Since you are not going to oblige I will post my own picture.

Nevermind your RR wraith. Here is the RR Raith Rovers raising our champions flag. Do you even get a flag for winning a league in England? Pffft lot of shite.

A real football team in a stunningly beautiful stadium for you all.
    You're welcome. :D

1 thing I have never understood is why so many Scottish teams make no mention of where they play.

Albion Rovers, Hibernian, St Mirren, St Johnstone etc.

Mind you, I've been to Kirkcaldy. That 1 is understandable :)
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    I miss not being able to watch the baseball, used to be able to get ESPN on sky for free, then had to pay a small fee to BT when they took it over, then they put the fee up to cover champions league so had to give it up. Two fabulous league championship series just taken place, both going to deciding seventh games. World Series between The Dodgers and the Rays should be really good watch. Sadly I will have to watch five minute highlights :(
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Just popping in to show some support for Jordan Pickford.

Sure he was lucky that his one keeping error that resulted in a goal was chalked off for part of a sleeve being a millimetre offside and that tackle was totally reckless.

What better English keeper is there and keep in mind his relative young age and the fact he is still learning the game at the highest level.

I think it would be a disaster for England were he to be dropped and kept out of Everton and England. Maybe a "rest" if things are getting to him mentally but if not keep playing.

We have too many international 2nd and 3rd choice overseas keepers in the Premier League as it is.

As an international he has a fantastic record, in the younger ranks he won the Toulon tournament and reached a Euro u21 semi-final. He was our keeper when we reached the final in the World cup, including a MoM performance v Sweden and saving a penalty when we actually got through a penalty shoot out for once.

He also saved and scored a penalty in the 3rd place play off shoot out v Switzerland in the Euro Nations Cup.

The last keeper we had that had a good international tournament was David Seaman at Euro 96 and before that Gordon Banks.

He is a top quality shot stopper, he pulled off some good saves v Liverpool to keep them in the game including a "worldy" from Matip's header.

His distribution is as good as any keeper in the world and much better than his England rivals. He is quick and brave off his line and his aerial handling is usually solid.

I wish him luck and hope that with supportive management and coaching he reaches the top level of consistency that he must be capable of.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    Re Pickford.
    He is a very good shot stopper, his distribution is excellent usually.
    I think his problem is purely mental.
    He loses concentration or just make stupid rash decisions.
    Saturday was one of those.
    He jumped to spread himself but for some reason went directly at VVD.
    I have no doubt it wasn't malicious but definitely worthy of a red card regardless of the offside.

What bothers me is the uproar just because it was the red shite and the star play is injured.
    Dunk did a very similar thing for Brighton but hardly anything in the media about it.
    The only reason VVD got injured and Cahill didn't is because of the way his leg was planted forcing a hyperextension.

I wish VVD well and don't like to see any player seriously injured.
    But clattering into two EFC players, giving away free kicks in the first 80 seconds, to show who's boss didn't quite go how he hoped.

Just because one decision has gone against Dr Teeth, he wants a complete review of everything and his media darlings at sky and BT are more than happy to help.

tl,dr
    Pickford- must improve or say goodbye.
  • chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    new on the bucket list.. go and play shadow creek. Steve Wynns at life
  • edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,899
    Mane was judged to be fractionally offside. If that was the case then it was the correct decision as VAR is interpreting things currently.

I've heard some saying attackers should get the benefit of the doubt if say, they were only 6 inches offside. Surely we would be having the same arguments regarding 5.99 inches and 6.01 inches wouldn't we?

We either do away with VAR, and go back to spending our weekends arguing about refereeing decisions, or accept that sometimes players are going to be fractionally offside.

Switched over to watch the Red Zone as Bale came onto the pitch. Only switched back to see the Lanzini goal being replayed when I got a text just saying, "West Ham" from a Hammers supporter.

Pickford, erratic. COYB
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,325
    Loving the mini roundup, nice crisp photos and just enough info to whet the appetite.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

Aguero - aka Aggguuueerrroooooooo - set Twitter alight on Saturday. Half were saying players should never touch an Official, & half were saying the fuss was only because the third official - we used to call them linesmen - was female.

I fancy @hhyftrftdr would say "nothing to see here".

Never touched her.
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    edited October 2020

looks like covid isn't affecting your crowd attendances anyway...

https://youtu.be/-IszMCdA-qI

Looks like a pretty good attendance here @PKRPar ? Remember these glorious scenes? We are the Kings of Fife and don't you forget it ya townie hoor.
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    edited October 2020

@Essexphil

Maybe we just have more imagination.

Pretty glad we are not called Kirkcaldy considering the ridiculous pronunciations you hear anytime someone English trys to say name of the town.

I'm not taking that kind of cheek from a man from Essex anyway. Ive been to Clacton and Southend. They make kdy look like a seaside paradise.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,979
    gregkdy82 said:

@Essexphil

Maybe we just have more imagination.

Pretty glad we are not called Kirkcaldy considering the ridiculous pronunciations you hear anytime someone English trys to say name of the town.

I'm not taking that kind of cheek from a man from Essex anyway. Ive been to Clacton and Southend. They make kdy look like a seaside paradise.

Imagination? There was me thinking you borrowed the name from the founders of Cowdenbeath :)

1 of the reasons I have never taken to Kirkcaldy is the way you look down on English people who try to pronounce it. In a way that even Milngavie doesn't.

I remember as a child being lost in fife, and my Mum asking a policeman the way to "Burnt- Is- Land." He didn't look down on her, or patronise her. He did howl with laughter, mind.

Every County (or Kingdom) has its good and bad parts. I see your Clacton and Southend, and raise you Jaywick and Vange-they really do make Kirkcaldy look like paradise.

I've spent a lot of time in Fife. Crail most of all, but also the rest of the East Neuk, Wormit, St Andrews, and Methil to see East Fife several times.

And all of those places have seemed like paradise...

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    Methil is a bit ropey, I used to go to the Embassy in Kirkcaldy years ago it used to be alright for a night oot, it was also a good day oot when the show's were on the prom.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    pompeynic said:

I miss not being able to watch the baseball, used to be able to get ESPN on sky for free, then had to pay a small fee to BT when they took it over, then they put the fee up to cover champions league so had to give it up. Two fabulous league championship series just taken place, both going to deciding seventh games. World Series between The Dodgers and the Rays should be really good watch. Sadly I will have to watch five minute highlights :(

5 minutes of highlights? That's season of Pompey's key moments innit @pompeynic ? >:)