You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

School Meals Outrage.

124»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,953
    gregkdy82 said:

HAYSIE said:

HANSON said:

Rinkhals said:

I've just glanced through this thread and I have to say that I am absolulety sickened by the comments made by @gregkdy82 and @HANSON. I hope they have taken out personal pensions for when they retire given how veheminantely opposed they are to the state helping the most vulnerable members of society.

I would also suggest that HANSEN get of his high horse and takes a GSCE English course in order to at least communicate the bile he spouted in the Queens English. He did a good job of slaughtering that as well!

Are you both perfectly happy that the government has been subsidising furloughed workers rather than saying to their bosses, "sorry, make them reduntant because it won't cost the country as much and gregkdy82 and HANSON reckon £100 quid a week is more than enough to live on and why should they pay to keep your kids fed?"

My dad was a proud man as well, had a well paid skilled job as profile burner and lived within his means. Didn't stop our world collapsing when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour and was given 6 months to live!

Lucky for us he's got ba ll s of steel and survived 3 brain surgeries which left him unable to work. But you tell me if you'd walk up to him after going drugs through that, take the cigarette out of his hand and call him a scrounger to his face!

Just think on. Some peple are dwalt a bad hand so be grateful for what you do have and don't judge others you feel are worthy of contempt before you possess all the facts!

for the record yes i do have a private pension which i will have to pay tax on . also i have no problem with the government helping the less fortunate my problem is when those that need help and get help then choose to use that help to buy cigarettes, booze, and possibly drugs rather than feeding there kids and keeping a roof over there heads then complain that its not enough to live on ... you are correct that i need to take a GCSE course but to be honest i have got thru life without it so far so do not see the need for me to take it ... YOU should take your own advice and take a refresher course in spelling....

Absolulety is spelt Absolutely
    veheminantely should be venomously
    reduntant is spelt redundant
    peple is people
    and I'm guessing dwalt is supposed to be dealt

the financial help given to everybody that needs it is of course for essential's and if spent wisely is enough to get by on. it comes down to some making the selfish choices because they put there own needs first like cigarettes booze ect before anything else instead of giving up smoking and drinking because they are unable to adapt to there situation ..
    there are many that thru no fault of there own end up needing help and that is unfortunate but not the tax payers responsibility to give them extra money to pay debts with ..
    i am sorry my opinion is harsh but some people need to get there priority's right and spend there benefits on the essentials as intended ..
    Fresh free school meals row as No10 insists poor families WILL get food over February half-term after union warned ministers planned to end help
    Row has exploded over plan to switch how the meals are funded in half term
    Scheme with £170m praised by Marcus Rashford was slammed today by union
    It came as Priti Patel called for one company behind the meals to be punished
    Have you got a free school meals parcel? Email: dan.sales@mailonline.co.uk

The Government has, once again, revealed its total disregard for those hardest hit by the ongoing health pandemic.

'After a year in which the stark inequalities faced by millions of children and young people has been at the forefront of the minds of the public, the ugly spectre of holiday hunger is now looming yet again.'

It came as Priti Patel today called for the £24.8billion-earning company behind the meal parcel that sparked the school dinner scandal to be punished, declaring 'they should be ashamed of themselves'.

The Home Secretary described the food package from Compass group-owned Chartwells as an 'appalling display' that was 'totally unacceptable'.

A government investigation is currently underway into the meal, which prompted a reintroduction of the more popular vouchers last night.

Amy Weldon, 24, told how she had been given her daughter's food parcel in a bin bag

Education Secretary Gavin Williamson today announced he would be reintroducing the £15 vouchers from January 18

It held two sandwiches, two potatoes, grated cheese, yoghurts, one apple and an orange

Two children attending a school in Nottingham were handed this to last them a whole week

This school pupil's food parcel contained bread that went out of date of the day of its delivery

This parcel was received by an angry mother who had no idea how to make meals from it

This Woodside Primary Academy pupil's food parcel was supposed to last them a week

This parcel is supposed to last a child a week but does not appear to contain enough food

Tiny portions of cheese and soup powder were packaged in bank coin bags among vegetables

This is what is supposed to be in one child's school lunch parcel for a week during lockdown

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9146703/Priti-Patel-calls-action-against-food-firm-Chartwells-appalling-free-school-meals.html

woman is stood looking at a loaf of bread and can of beans and can't come up with an idea for a meal? Ffs 🤣
    Firstly, the parcels are supposed to represent 5 lunches.

Secondly, the loaf of bread that you refer to appears to be about one quarter of a loaf.

Thirdly, beans on toast would seem to be an obvious option, as would the tin of soup with some bread, but what would you do for the other three?

Fourthly, if the above is the best comment you could come up with when referring to this scandal, you are a very sad person.

The point that you are completely missing is that the government, having bowed to pressure from the members of the general public that actually care about kids going hungry, and have agreed to implement this scheme.
    However, by implementing the scheme in this way they are providing the hungry kids with around £5 worth of food, at a cost to the taxpayer of £11.70.
    Further pressure meant that this figure was increased by £3.50 on Friday.

However going forward they are going back to the £15 vouchers.
    This will represent far greater value for money for both the hungry kids, and the taxpayer.
    The kids will get £15 worth of food, treble what they are currently getting, at the same cost to the taxpayer.
    Despite the claims made by others on this thread, supermarkets do not accept payment using the vouchers for non grocery items.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,953
    HANSON said:

Rinkhals said:

I've just glanced through this thread and I have to say that I am absolulety sickened by the comments made by @gregkdy82 and @HANSON. I hope they have taken out personal pensions for when they retire given how veheminantely opposed they are to the state helping the most vulnerable members of society.

I would also suggest that HANSEN get of his high horse and takes a GSCE English course in order to at least communicate the bile he spouted in the Queens English. He did a good job of slaughtering that as well!

Are you both perfectly happy that the government has been subsidising furloughed workers rather than saying to their bosses, "sorry, make them reduntant because it won't cost the country as much and gregkdy82 and HANSON reckon £100 quid a week is more than enough to live on and why should they pay to keep your kids fed?"

My dad was a proud man as well, had a well paid skilled job as profile burner and lived within his means. Didn't stop our world collapsing when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour and was given 6 months to live!

Lucky for us he's got ba ll s of steel and survived 3 brain surgeries which left him unable to work. But you tell me if you'd walk up to him after going drugs through that, take the cigarette out of his hand and call him a scrounger to his face!

Just think on. Some peple are dwalt a bad hand so be grateful for what you do have and don't judge others you feel are worthy of contempt before you possess all the facts!

for the record yes i do have a private pension which i will have to pay tax on . also i have no problem with the government helping the less fortunate my problem is when those that need help and get help then choose to use that help to buy cigarettes, booze, and possibly drugs rather than feeding there kids and keeping a roof over there heads then complain that its not enough to live on ... you are correct that i need to take a GCSE course but to be honest i have got thru life without it so far so do not see the need for me to take it ... YOU should take your own advice and take a refresher course in spelling....

Absolulety is spelt Absolutely
    veheminantely should be venomously
    reduntant is spelt redundant
    peple is people
    and I'm guessing dwalt is supposed to be dealt

the financial help given to everybody that needs it is of course for essential's and if spent wisely is enough to get by on. it comes down to some making the selfish choices because they put there own needs first like cigarettes booze ect before anything else instead of giving up smoking and drinking because they are unable to adapt to there situation ..
    there are many that thru no fault of there own end up needing help and that is unfortunate but not the tax payers responsibility to give them extra money to pay debts with ..
    i am sorry my opinion is harsh but some people need to get there priority's right and spend there benefits on the essentials as intended ..