You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Communication Error

sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 52
Hi, been playing most days this year and all day today with no issues. Had a break, came back to play some DYMs but the tables won't load and I get the following message -

I haven't altered anything on my laptop as in updating/uninstalling/installing any kind of programs. Have there been any other reports of this? Any recommendations on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

If it's relevant this is the download client, the lobby itself works with no problems, the table information is displayed and works fine as in players left/current blinds/chip stacks. This error message is coming up on every table format i try to load. I've tried to load up cash tables and observe tournament table/DYM but always the same message.

I'll update tomorrow to see if the error is still present,

Cheers

Comments

• johnmontyjohnmonty Member Posts: 92
    Just got the same after trying to reload the DC after a crash, managed to get tables up going on to browser. This doesn't really help but not just a you problem :)
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Getting same issue here
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Same here too
  • hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    same
  • SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    Same - Guessing it's to do with this - 'Since Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player after 31 December 2020 and Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning 12 January 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.'
  • chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2021
    Think adobe air is different to adobe flash.

Please sky, its been years since stars got involved... grow some balls and ask for new software. Everyone knows you need it. My brother has a web design and hosting company, if you want I'm sure we write you a new web app, for much cheaper than has been quoted previously, that is easily portable to mobile. Then you can stop being embarrassed by stuff like this on a daily basis....
  • Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    Hi Andy,

I am afraid it isn't just a case of growing some balls and asking for the new software. I and the rest of the Sky Poker team no doubt feel as frustrated as you and the rest of our customers right now.

I know Tikay has said this many times, but we are a very small but extremely committed team in a very big business. People are working 12/14 hour days trying to manage the product and improve the situation for everybody.

We are looking at this as we speak and I can only apologise for the inconvenience. Tikay will no doubt update you all regularly.

Sam
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855

Guys, quick question - is this still happening?

@sircryptic
    @johnmonty
    @MattBates
    @Duesenberg
    @hoban01
    @SMARTGOAT

In the meantime.....

The techies are on the case as of now.

We will keep you updated on this thread as & when.

At present (0940 Tuesday) site traffic appears to be normal as you will see if you take a look at, say, the cash tables. That's not to say, of course, that some of you are not having problems.

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited January 2021
    Tikay10 said:

In the meantime.....

The techies are on the case as of now.

We will keep you updated on this thread as & when.

At present (0940 Tuesday) site traffic appears to be normal as you will see if you take a look at, say, the cash tables. That's not to say, of course, that some of you are not having problems.

@Tikay10

It is fine on browser and on my phone but still getting the issue on download. Mine was fine till about 3am then I restarted download which I always do when software gets a bit laggy. Then no tables would load after that. I downloaded the software again but still same issue.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited January 2021
    SMARTGOAT said:

Same - Guessing it's to do with this - 'Since Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player after 31 December 2020 and Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning 12 January 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.'

Same on download for me

Browser is horrible

@Jac35

Understood, thanks.

Please be assured that the tech resource are all on the case.

Soon as there is any news I - or the Tech guys - will update you on this thread.
  • miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    Flash got officially 'killed' today. I've been playing a pokemon emulator on the browser recently (that's how much lockdown has got to me) and that isn't working whatsoever today either. Not sure what can be done.

edited January 2021

UPDATE @ 11am

Guys, can you please ensure you have uninstalled Flash as per the thread that @Sky_ChrisB started last week & which is stickied at the top of the Forum.

That aside, a fix for this morning's Comm Error issue is now in progress & we'll update you further here as & when.

• gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Sky_SamT said:

Hi Andy,

I am afraid it isn't just a case of growing some balls and asking for the new software. I and the rest of the Sky Poker team no doubt feel as frustrated as you and the rest of our customers right now.

I know Tikay has said this many times, but we are a very small but extremely committed team in a very big business. People are working 12/14 hour days trying to manage the product and improve the situation for everybody.

We are looking at this as we speak and I can only apologise for the inconvenience. Tikay will no doubt update you all regularly.

Sam

**** asking you should be demanding

Yes I'm sure you feel our frustration as you sit counting record profits while still not committing to making any improvements. Lol

@Sky_SamT. No-one with anything about them cares that you are a small hard working team. What has that got to do with anything? We should accept an inferior product because you are just a small team in a huge company and work long hours? 🤣 Absolutely pathetic stuff from @Sky_SamT here. Stop with the shitey excuses and get the site working properly.

If you need a little help with uninstalling Flash, these links may help. Please don't confuse this with uninstalling AIR - It's FLASH you need to uninstall.

Uninstalling Flash from Mac devices

Uninstalling Flash from Windows

UPDATE @ 11.30am

A fix has been released & in "TEST" mode it seems to have resolved the issue.

Please feedback in this thread if the problem has been resolved for you now.

Thanks.
  • nickd49931nickd49931 Member Posts: 123
    edited January 2021
    Since the flash player changes today, when registering sit&go's on the browser the lobby doesn't update for a long time and the table isn't popping up until a while after the game has started. This usually fixes for me when i click 'allow' on flash player where the padlock icon is on chrome. It's not fixing it today however.
    On the download client the lobby updates quickly and games pop up instantly. However as soon as i play more than 1 table it lags/stutters like reported here

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/180532/small-software-issue/p1
  • miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    Just uninstalled flash player and the client is working perfectly fine again, cheers @Tikay10