You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Communication Error

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030

@nickd49931

Hi,

Thanks.

How recent was that? I'm asking as they've made some changes in the last hour or so.
    miniman88 said:

Just uninstalled flash player and the client is working perfectly fine again, cheers @Tikay10

@miniman88

BOOM

Thanks for letting us know.
  • miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    gregkdy82 said:

Sky_SamT said:

Hi Andy,

I am afraid it isn't just a case of growing some balls and asking for the new software. I and the rest of the Sky Poker team no doubt feel as frustrated as you and the rest of our customers right now.

I know Tikay has said this many times, but we are a very small but extremely committed team in a very big business. People are working 12/14 hour days trying to manage the product and improve the situation for everybody.

We are looking at this as we speak and I can only apologise for the inconvenience. Tikay will no doubt update you all regularly.

Sam

**** asking you should be demanding

Yes I'm sure you feel our frustration as you sit counting record profits while still not committing to making any improvements. Lol

@Sky_SamT. No-one with anything about them cares that you are a small hard working team. What has that got to do with anything? We should accept an inferior product because you are just a small team in a huge company and work long hours? 🤣 Absolutely pathetic stuff from @Sky_SamT here. Stop with the shitey excuses and get the site working properly.

grow up
  • Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    edited January 2021
    gregkdy82 said:

Sky_SamT said:

Hi Andy,

I am afraid it isn't just a case of growing some balls and asking for the new software. I and the rest of the Sky Poker team no doubt feel as frustrated as you and the rest of our customers right now.

I know Tikay has said this many times, but we are a very small but extremely committed team in a very big business. People are working 12/14 hour days trying to manage the product and improve the situation for everybody.

We are looking at this as we speak and I can only apologise for the inconvenience. Tikay will no doubt update you all regularly.

Sam

Yes I'm sure you feel our frustration as you sit counting record profits while still not committing to making any improvements. Lol

@Sky_SamT. No-one with anything about them cares that you are a small hard working team. What has that got to do with anything? We should accept an inferior product because you are just a small team in a huge company and work long hours? 🤣 Absolutely pathetic stuff from @Sky_SamT here. Stop with the shitey excuses and get the site working properly.

You shouldn't have to accept the inferior product and many haven't. We don't want to accept the inferior product either but our small hard working team that you don't care about will continue to strive for a better solution for all.

I'm sorry you found my post pathetic. I will pass on your thoughts to those above me as it is an understandable reaction to an issue that we as a business are not proud of. I think Chris has once again got the site working and continues to work on other issues that have been raised.
  • nickd49931nickd49931 Member Posts: 123
    Tikay10 said:

@nickd49931

Hi,

Thanks.

How recent was that? I'm asking as they've made some changes in the last hour or so.

still happening currently

edited January 2021
    @nickd49931

OK, thanks, will pass that on.

They are working though the issues bit by bit & seem to be making progress.

I'll try to keep you updated.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Tikay10 said:

@nickd49931

OK, thanks, will pass that on.

They are working though the issues bit by bit & seem to be masking progress.

I'll try to keep you updated.

For goodness sake
    Be up front and honest about things
    edited January 2021

For goodness sake
    Be up front and honest about things

Mask up, you know it makes sense.

• bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Tikay10 said:

If you need a little help with uninstalling Flash, these links may help. Please don't confuse this with uninstalling AIR - It's FLASH you need to uninstall.

Uninstalling Flash from Mac devices

Uninstalling Flash from Windows

Very useful, much appreciated.
  • sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 52
    I've just logged on @ 13:15 after uninstalling flash and it looks like everything is working fine again :)

Cheers
  • Sky_ChrisBSky_ChrisB Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 48
    edited January 2021

Since the flash player changes today, when registering sit&go's on the browser the lobby doesn't update for a long time and the table isn't popping up until a while after the game has started. This usually fixes for me when i click 'allow' on flash player where the padlock icon is on chrome. It's not fixing it today however.

@nickd49931 we'll be releasing a change shortly to improve the time it takes for the tournament lobby to update once you register, but table launch should be no more than 10 seconds after a tournament starts, and there's at least a 30-second buffer at the start of every Sit & Go / tournament to make sure people have the table launched in time. Are you still missing the start of a tournament, and if so by how much?

Just to add, the reason this is a problem is because the real-time updates historically relied on Flash and we are working to put in a replacement for this - more info here.
  • nickd49931nickd49931 Member Posts: 123

Since the flash player changes today, when registering sit&go's on the browser the lobby doesn't update for a long time and the table isn't popping up until a while after the game has started. This usually fixes for me when i click 'allow' on flash player where the padlock icon is on chrome. It's not fixing it today however.

@nickd49931 we'll be releasing a change shortly to improve the time it takes for the tournament lobby to update once you register, but table launch should be no more than 10 seconds after a tournament starts, and there's at least a 20-second buffer at the start of every Sit & Go / tournament to make sure people have the table launched in time. Are you still missing the start of a tournament, and if so by how much?

Just to add, the reason this is a problem is because the real-time updates historically relied on Flash and we are working to put in a replacement for this - more info here.
    The table pops up about 10seconds after the countdown has finished and match has started. Back on the download today so no issues with that anyway. could you let us know when the new change is released so i can switch back to the trusty browser. thanks

Hi, just a further note, the tables seem to be loading fine however once i get up to 3/4 tables I've started to get that annoying pause that was occurring a few weeks back.

Cheers

Hi, just a further note, the tables seem to be loading fine however once i get up to 3/4 tables I've started to get that annoying pause that was occurring a few weeks back.

Cheers

@sircryptic

They are working through the issues in order of priority. They are aware of that "pause" you mention but that may take a little longer to resolve.
  • SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    Tikay10 said:

If you need a little help with uninstalling Flash, these links may help. Please don't confuse this with uninstalling AIR - It's FLASH you need to uninstall.

Uninstalling Flash from Mac devices

Uninstalling Flash from Windows

This was very helpful - fixed the problem for me, cheers.
  • AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    It's always the guys in the front line that take the flak.
    Tikay10 said:

Cheers

@sircryptic

They are working through the issues in order of priority. They are aware of that "pause" you mention but that may take a little longer to resolve.
    Thanks @Tikay10 , wasn't sure if it had been raised,

Cheers
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740

Cheers

I'm also finding the same.

When I returned to the client this evening I found that tables were now opening fine without me having uninstalled anything as suggested above. I'm taking an 'if it ain't broke then leave well alone approach', but the return of the slight button pressing pause is super annoying.
  • biggirlbiggirl Member Posts: 68
    Sky_SamT said:

gregkdy82 said:

Sky_SamT said:

Hi Andy,

Sam

You shouldn't have to accept the inferior product and many haven't. We don't want to accept the inferior product either but our small hard working team that you don't care about will continue to strive for a better solution for all.

I'm sorry you found my post pathetic. I will pass on your thoughts to those above me as it is an understandable reaction to an issue that we as a business are not proud of. I think Chris has once again got the site working and continues to work on other issues that have been raised.
    No need to be like this. They’re obviously trying their best, Greg.
  • bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    Any sng players still getting the weird pause when a few tables run? i'm on download.