You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£100,000 SPT Online Live Update - of sorts.

Comments

• Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Absolutely thrilled with my top 300 finish perhaps I am a tourney player after all.

Good Punting all!
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,163
    edited January 2021
    Well done to @MISTY4ME for surviving day one with a massive 5 heads.
    SkyBet can probably expect an influx of at least some of the £423 head prizes, invested on some of the UKs slowest horses.
    Doubt there is any danger of them laying off any of his bets.

The leader board is full of the usual suspects, and I am sure it will be a really good finish today.

Good luck to all that are still in.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524
    SoLack said:

is there a table redraw or same seats?

@SoLack

Sorry I missed this last night.

Table redraw - I'm waiting to hear from the Office. Soon as I do I'll make it known on here.

Well done on a good Day One.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

bromley04 said:

A great thread and superb updates - thank you Tikay and a thank you to @pompeynic too for some nice shout outs.
    I'm even honoured and not offended to be part of Team OAP :D
    See you tomorrow for Day 2!!!!!

Think Tikay got the alias of you and @Bromley023 confused!
    @MattBates @bromley04 @Bromley023

You are a braver man than me Matt.

I don't mind having the bants with Adam about his age, but doing that to Natalie would take a far braver man than me.
  • Options
    JACKDAWJACKDAW Member Posts: 934
    This has been one heck of a tournament to be involved in, although i didnt worry the big boys i really enjoyed it once i settled into my game. Please tell me theres plans for something like this to be held more regular. Good luck to all still in
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    thefall said:

Absolutely thrilled with my top 300 finish perhaps I am a tourney player after all.

Good Punting all!

I watched your table and was fun as the bounty became available, caused some car crashes...and I think you won 3 all ins to drag it out.
    Hopefully see you back soon.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    Well played everyone that made day 2 great tourny and excellent updates go misty keep up the good work
  • Options

The Live Update thread did very well yesterday, with over 4,500 views in the day, so that's most pleasing.

Hopefully, we'll have a fun Day 2 as well, & if time permits, there will be a few more quirky photos & videos. However, as the Tourney proceeds to the sharp end, there will be more emphasis on who is doing what.

Big thanks to @pompeynic who, as always at SPT's, was immensely helpful with news from the tables.

• Options

Anyone care to guess what time the very last hand will be dealt? If we get enough interest, I'll try & find a little Free Entry for the person who guesses nearest. Last entries at 9pm please.

• Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Tikay10 said:

Anyone care to guess what time the very last hand will be dealt? If we get enough interest, I'll try & find a little Free Entry for the person who guesses nearest. Last entries at 9pm please.

01:09am
    I expect to be asleep by then
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Have been enjoying the updates come on Misty and IrishRose at a guess 1.22am for last hand.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Think we need to clear up that mystery photo which aroused so much interest yesterday.

Firstly, I discussed it with @NChanning a few days ago & he rightly pointed out that it's quite something that 10 of the 11 are still with us. The exception is Alan Vinson, aka "Big Alan", who sadly passed away a few years ago. His name lives on in poker though, as his sons - Ben & Adam - are particularly adept at poker, especially Ben.

As to our "70's **** Star" moustachioed friend, well that's some story. His real name was Ron Fanelli, but he was mainly & perhaps fittingly known by the monikor "Mad Yank". Very well known in the early noughties, he was a prominent poster on the poker forums, especially The Hendon Mob, & he spared nobody the cutting edge of his razor sharp tongue. Most of us playing at the time knew him very well from Gutshot Club & The Vic. You always knew when Mad Yank was around, believe me. Quite the character.

But then the wheels came off a bit, & the next we heard he was in Thailand & he had been arrested for murder, with the female victim's body cut into pieces & placed in a suitcase which was then stuffed under his bed. Vicky Coren, wonderful writer that she is, wrote a piece about it in The Guardian, and I certainly can't compete with her, so here is the very poignant piece she wrote;

Ron Fanelli was my friend. How did he go on to be a murderer?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jul/25/ron-fanelli-wanphen-pienjai-poker

Like Vicky, I'm not in any way glorifying what he did. The whole point was that he was just a regular guy, who we all shared poker tables with night after night. None of us could ever imagine things would end so badly. He was sentenced to 10 years in jail, that was in 2010, so I'm guessing he's out & about now.

You do get to meet some characters in the world of poker.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Table keeps opening/Reminder that MTT is starting. (for those still in the SPT)

Can this be addressed ASAP and the 'duplicate table' issue...not be an issue later.

(taken me over 5 mins to type that)

• Options
    MAXALLY said:

Table keeps opening/Reminder that MTT is starting. (for those still in the SPT)

Can this be addressed ASAP and the 'duplicate table' issue...not be an issue later.

(taken me over 5 mins to type that)

First I've heard of that, thanks for letting us know, & I'll pass it on.

I suspect a re-draw will be done after which that problem will go away. Like me, the software is easily confused.

• Options

There WILL be a Table Redraw I'm understand.
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    Tikay10 said:

2.22am
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    Tikay10 said:

In honour of that classic band KLF, I will go for 2am UK time (3am eternal CET)
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,278
    1.57 am
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    3.07am
  • Options
    hintonhinton Member Posts: 46
    </tb
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    tonyp142Small blind200.00200.0035856.00
    MeIina92Big blind400.00600.0013890.00