You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker the Winner at the Cheltenham Fessie!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,048
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker the Winner at the Cheltenham Fessie!:
    In Response to Re: Poker the Winner at the Cheltenham Fessie! : you are right tikay, why? becuase my odds calculator says you are. its 2250.00 for the win and 202.50 for the place
    Posted by 35suited
    If I guess enough times, I'm bound to be right occassionally........

One of these days I ought to do a few blogs about my horse-racing, gambling & bookmaking background, & my passionate interest in racehorse breeding & bloodlines. I think I have over 1,000 books on that basket of topics, & was a Member at Prestbury & Newmarket for donkeys years, until the drunkards ruined the Fessies.

I set out to buy a betting shop once (they used to be called "LBO's") & so to prep myself, I took a "Settling" Course with Wm Hill, which I was nailed on to pass, as I'm geekily competent at mental arithmetic.

A 55% exam mark got you a "Pass", 65% got you an interview for a job as a Betting Shop Clerk, & so on, up to 80%, where they guaranteed you a job as an LBO Manager.

I scored 99.2%. And was devestated - because, unlike English, in Maths-based stuff, 100% is possible & in my case, I expected nothing less.

I appealed, & asked why only 99.2%, they said "what?, nobody has EVER scored more than 85%, & you are complaining about 99/2%!". (There are reasons I won't bore you with as to why & how I was so geekily good at mental arithmetic in those days, though not now, I fancy).

So, the question I got slightly wrong?

You had to work out the return on a 10p each way Patent, with ATC going onto an "unnamed joint fav, each-way". (Which was permitted in those days, though not now I suspect).

The ATC part was a 6 runner race, & the selection dead-heated - for 2nd! Nightmare. And to top it off, there was a 15p in the pound Rule 4.......  lovely.

These days, I guess they just key it all into a computer.

Anyway, happy days, & excuse the chirp, you spiked my memory. Don't do it again please, or you'll set me off again.
  • Options
    moonooomoonooo Member Posts: 554
    edited March 2010
    Yet another poker winner in the last at cheltenham Cue Card 40/1 wowwww i need to start follow these trends lol..
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited March 2010

just had 2nd winner of the day Big Zeb (bennydip2's tip) thought this mite count as there's a player called zebbedee who i've played loads of times on cash dtw
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,048
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker the Winner at the Cheltenham Fessie!:
    Yet another poker winner in the last at cheltenham Cue Card 40/1 wowwww i need to start follow these trends lol..
    Posted by moonooo
    We must be in profit!
  • Options
    scouse1515scouse1515 Member Posts: 190
    edited March 2010
    tipped poker de sivola in the shed this morning happy days