You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Executed.

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,036
    That is quite shocking to see in real time (if it hasn't been edited) and definitely puts a different perspective on things. The only conclusion I can come up with is that America is **** and heading towards another 'civil war' only this time it'll be fought by colour V colour.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    wow, both of them vids are shocking , there's something seriously wrong over their most of it racially motivated, what a place to live i'd rather live in North Korea
    I always wanted to go to America especially Vagas and Florida i wont even contemplate it now i'll stick to the Greek islands
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,036
    stokefc said:

wow, both of them vids are shocking , there's something seriously wrong over their most of it racially motivated, what a place to live i'd rather live in North Korea
    I always wanted to go to America especially Vagas and Florida i wont even contemplate it now i'll stick to the Greek islands

I'd love to live in a log cabin in the wilderness away from their society and also do the Original Route 66, apart from that I'd rather take my chances in Essex.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    lucy4 said:

stokefc said:

I'd love to live in a log cabin in the wilderness away from their society and also do the Original Route 66, apart from that I'd rather take my chances in Essex.
    Even in the wilderness you're taking your chances , there national parks are amazing but the amount of people that go missing is unreal
    this is just something i got off google but there's a docu on youtube/prime can't remember which it's well worth a watch it's an eye opener
    https://skepticalinquirer.org/2017/07/an-investigation-of-the-missing411-conspiracy/
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited April 2021
    More 13 year old kids not complying or following orders.
    Clearly the only way to deal with an autistic teenager running away from you is to shoot them multiple times.

His mum requests a mental health worker, instead 4 trigger happy cops are sent and gun him down instead.
    Perhaps defunding the police isn't such a crazy notion after all?

http://youtu.be/ZYNPr3sxMRE
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    Defund the police?
    Will the liberal leftwing nutcase politicians calling for this give up their armed security?
    Will they remove the Capitol Hill police?

Who will you call.........Ghostbusters?
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,102

Clearly the only way to deal with an autistic teenager running away from you is to shoot them multiple times.

His mum requests a mental health worker, instead 4 trigger happy cops are sent and gun him down instead.

Heres a 13 year old that did seem to comply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXUrkbtqshs
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

Meanwhile, 8 people were shot dead in Indianapolis last night. Not terrorism, just another random shooter who then turned his gun on himself.

And the common theme in almost all these things we are discussing, be it police or regular people, is..... guns.

As long as the USA are so insistent on the right to carry firearms, this will continue.

Blame who you like, but as long as there are so many guns easily available, the shootings & deaths will continue.

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,102
    Tikay10 said:

Meanwhile, 8 people were shot dead in Indianapolis last night. Not terrorism, just another random shooter who then turned his gun on himself.

And the common theme in almost all these things we are discussing, be it police or regular people, is..... guns.

As long as the USA are so insistent on the right to carry firearms, this will continue.

Blame who you like, but as long as there are so many guns easily available, the shootings & deaths will continue.

You would think that normal people might get fed up of it, but nothing is likely to change anytime soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    HAYSIE said:

What would you do?
    Chasing an armed teenager down a dark alleyway.
    When he raises his hands, is he preparing to shoot you?
    Split second to make that decision.

*Edit*
    The teenager hadn't been home for 3 days, his parents didn't report him missing.
    He had been involved in attempted armed car jackings that night.
    What's a 13 year old doing out on the streets with a gun?
    Parental responsibility ?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    But the media would like you to think otherwise.

• Options
    VespaPX said:

Defund the police?
    Will the liberal leftwing nutcase politicians calling for this give up their armed security?

Defunding the police, as a concept, makes plenty of sense.

Better distribution of time, money and resources so that the police aren't snowed under doing stuff they aren't really trained in, and can concentrate on the 'proper' police stuff.

If a situation requires a trained mental health worker, then get a trained mental health worker to that situation and not some random copper.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171

VespaPX said:

Defund the police?

Defunding the police, as a concept, makes plenty of sense.

Better distribution of time, money and resources so that the police aren't snowed under doing stuff they aren't really trained in, and can concentrate on the 'proper' police stuff.

If a situation requires a trained mental health worker, then get a trained mental health worker to that situation and not some random copper.
    LOL You'd have a better chance of getting a trained lion tamer than a trained mental health worker.

Usual story of not enough staff, resources or commitment.

Even in the UK many social service staff are too frightened to do their jobs correctly, so you'd still need law enforcement as a back up.

You only have to look at how many mentally ill people are in our communities 24/7 and when something terrible occurs then all the politicals say how we must learn the lessons etc etc etc.

Defunding the Police won't work, making excuses for them won't work, making excuses for non compliance won't work, blaming racism from white, black, hispanic, latino, oriental, asian and indigenous gangs won't work.

Ripping up the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms and banning guns won't work either, but it might slow down the slaughter.
  • Options
    VespaPX said:

HAYSIE said:

What would you do?
    Chasing an armed teenager down a dark alleyway.
    When he raises his hands, is he preparing to shoot you?
    Split second to make that decision.

*Edit*
    The teenager hadn't been home for 3 days, his parents didn't report him missing.
    He had been involved in attempted armed car jackings that night.
    What's a 13 year old doing out on the streets with a gun?
    Parental responsibility ?
    The officer shouts at him to ''show me your f..king hands''.

13 year old boy goes to show him his hands, which would of course go up either in the air or onto his head.

Gets shot to death regardless.

Way to deflect though.
  • Options
    Imagine shooting someone 20 times and still asking him to show his hands.

http://youtu.be/VTlZqEsPY78
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,012
    I think it is important to define what is meant by "defunding" the police.

People on the Right (and extreme Left) mean this to be dismantling the police, whereas, for most people it means something entirely different.

Police forces in the US, and the UK, have over the last 10-20 years been given a whole load of extra responsibilities. Often these are ones that the Police are not adequately trained about, nor are they things that Policemen want to do.

So, for example, as @TheEdge949 rightly points out, there are many areas of the US/UK where mental health support is virtually non-existent. There is no funding allocated to people who are properly trained, and instead half the proper budget gets allocated to the Police, forcing them to do things they should not be doing.

Some use "defund" arguments to attack the Police. But for many it would be a welcome return for policemen doing the job they actually want to do.

It is a complex argument. I fear that people just assume that the correct amount of money would be correctly reallocated. I think the concept might work better in the UK than the US. For the simple reason that far fewer people have guns here.