You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Would we really be this stupid?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,704
So saw another thing in sci fi with aliens been discovered on earth. the plot was the same again people wanted to help the innocent aliens escape whilst the government were rushing to capture them so they can kill them cut them up and find out what they are made of. Conspiracy theories allege this has happened on earth already. E.T had the same plot and this plot has been seen in many different sci fi.

Should the event ever happen (who knows maybe it already has but no evidence) that aliens do discover and visit earth then sure it is possible they are hostile it is also possible they come in peace, but what is assured is that they would come from a race far more technologically advanced then we are.

which means their is a very high possibility that they would have very significant military supremacy vs us. Surely then the best and most logical course of action if we Aliens come into contact with us to do everything we can to appease them. Not provoke a potential war by seeking to kill and cut open any visitors they send.

I mean am I missing something here surely we wouldnt be so stupid to do something so blatantly proactive to such a superior military power.

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Interesting thread.
    I must confess to not ever watching sci fi films, as they are mostly made by warped fkrs.
    So just as an observer from afar.
    Why would an alien have to be more advanced? If they were, we might have been taken over by now?
    Military wise, do you think they’d come millions of miles just looking for a tear up.
    In the ET film, did they not arrive on earth to just take a few samples? Sounds threatening.
    Landed in California? Big drug problem there, nobody would have noticed.
    They always seem to land in America,which at this current time would be an added pain in the a rse, as there’s enough aliens crossing their border as it is.
    As for cutting them open,they are made of latex.
    I saw one on a job at Shepperton studios, no expense spared.

Other than that, I can’t add much,but I bet misterPJ could.

• Options
    chilling said:

Interesting thread.
    I must confess to not ever watching sci fi films, as they are mostly made by warped fkrs.
    Why would an alien have to be more advanced? If they were, we might have been taken over by now?
    Military wise, do you think they’d come millions of miles just looking for a tear up.
    In the ET film, did they not arrive on earth to just take a few samples? Sounds threatening.
    They always seem to land in America,which at this current time would be an added pain in the a rse, as there’s enough aliens crossing their border as it is.

It would be a bit difficult for aliens to get here to us from such a vast distance if they were not more advanced. The only way I could see that been viable is if a third alien race was involved in transporting them still in this scenario murdering the alien still does not make sense.

there is no reliable evidence publicly available that aliens have actually visited earth but if they have they clearly did not desire to conquer the planet that or they have not been visiting for long.

They could just be hear to collect samples but then killing them may change their priorities.

as for made of latex I would assume not but who could actually know?

knowing sods law they would land in North Korea the one country that would be stupid enough to attempt to cut them open. or force them into slave labour mining coal.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Doubleme said:

chilling said:

Interesting thread.

It would be a bit difficult for aliens to get here to us from such a vast distance if they were not more advanced. The only way I could see that been viable is if a third alien race was involved in transporting them still in this scenario murdering the alien still does not make sense.

there is no reliable evidence publicly available that aliens have actually visited earth but if they have they clearly did not desire to conquer the planet that or they have not been visiting for long.

They could just be hear to collect samples but then killing them may change their priorities.

knowing sods law they would land in North Korea the one country that would be stupid enough to attempt to cut them open. or force them into slave labour mining coal.
    How far is this vast distance?
    Is it up, then first or second right, then straight on, then hang a left?
    Can you have directions in space?
    Left or right of what?
    FWIW, I think Elon Musk might be an alien, he looks the type.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    Another mystery solved by Sherlock & Watson.

Looking forward to the memoirs.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Another mystery solved by Sherlock & Watson.

Looking forward to the memoirs.

I don’t think anything was solved, hence the question marks.
    @mumsie , I see you’re having great trouble staying alert.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    chilling said:

I would like to hear more about this.
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

chilling said:

Warped and weird ideas for films have to come out of somebody’s mind.
    I’m guessing you’re going to say the films are ‘ creative?’

• Options
    NOSTRI said:

chilling said:

Not only sci fi.

Saw a trailer, nah, not for me.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,023
    Doubleme said:

chilling said:

Interesting thread.

That's spooky Doubleme because in ET 2 he actually does land in North Korea, luckily they send him to the coal mine rather than cutting him open.

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Probably better to investigate the power source that allowed the alien to reach earth rather than make them mine our finite and inefficient coal stores. But that’s North Korea for you.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    bbMike said:

Probably better to investigate the power source that allowed the alien to reach earth rather than make them mine our finite and inefficient coal stores. But that’s North Korea for you.

They already live amongst us, we are all descendants of “Aliens”
    Mankind on Earth is ( generally) so wrapped up in its own importance in the galaxy we can’t open our minds to the (scary?) possibility that we aren’t really that important in the life cycle of the universe.

If you were to conduct your own experiment in the garden , with ( inferior) life forms which for their whole life destroyed each other and the “planet” you had created for them , what would you do?
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    My mind is open, but that doesn’t extend to superior life forms with military backing visiting from another galaxy and being put to work in the coal mines of North Korea.
  • Options
    bbMike said:

My mind is open, but that doesn’t extend to superior life forms with military backing visiting from another galaxy and being put to work in the coal mines of North Korea.

Fair point.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    chilling said:

NOSTRI said:

chilling said:

Sure. Perhaps not as creative as you. What would you call them?
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

chilling said:

NOSTRI said:

chilling said:

Sure. Perhaps not as creative as you. What would you call them?
    By their Christian name, probably.
  • Options
    Just found a long lost relative on Ancestry.

The chances are, if there were aliens,one took a dump and then took off home.

Suspect No1.

• Options
    Gotta love the “ Given that we’ve not found it anywhere else” 😏
    We have just about got the capability to “explore” our nearest planets.
    In the scale of the universe that’s like saying there’s no supermarkets other than my local Asda I can walk to.
  • Options
    There are the unknowns on land and in the oceans.
    Then there are viruses and bacteria that we can knock up at will.
    Not to mention a spot of cloning.
    Then there are anomaly’s, like a bad pint.
    Plenty to occupy us down here.

Have all the astronauts had their vaccines? Presumably a booster would be of benefit.
    Do they need to isolate on their return to earth?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,274
    If there's life out there with superior intelligence and capabilities we'd already be invaded and colonised.

If there's life out there with inferior intelligence and capabilities, I guess they've got more important things to attend to.

Like being inferior to Humankind.
  • Options

If there's life out there with superior intelligence and capabilities we'd already be invaded and colonised.

If there's life out there with inferior intelligence and capabilities, I guess they've got more important things to attend to.

Like being inferior to Humankind.

I think its a presumptuous to assume aliens would be hostile just as it would be to assume they would be peaceful.

One way I look at things is how would we behave as the more advanced aliens making first contact? I can imagine several different scenarios. If for example the **** had won world war 2 then carrying that ideology forward humans would likely view them as inferior and naturally invade and enslave them all it would not end well for the alien world.

However if say in the next 10 years we had a major breakthrough giving his wormhole tech or etc and found an alien world one could imagine the media and peoples politics been heavy on respecting the alien world and not abusing it and thus us taking great care to not do harm. or If it was in corporate interests to exploit this world the media could be controlled to cover up or use propaganda to encourage abuse of these peoples world.

Star trek I am told had the non interference principle.

there are many different scenarios in which if human kind ever was advanced enough to find alien worlds we would behave in multiple different ways.

To assume alien life would be like us some find absurd and assume it would be radically different in which case we cant predict at all how they would behave upon finding us.

if they were similar to us though then it there be different potential scenarios some of which would be friendly aliens some of which would be hostile.

I believe therefore that some alien civilizations would be hostile and conquer us some would be benevolent and might even help us and some others may be neutral and lots of possibilities inbetween those.

exactly what ratios or proportions this would be in I could not possibly know, I would argue though we would be better of keeping a low profile so that we dont chance an encounter with a vastly military superior hostile power.

That been said I cant see it helping our chances to cut open visitors to see what they are made of.