You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Welcome To GB News.

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    lucy4 said:

For what it's worth I've tried to watch it over a few days but to me it seems very amateurish.

It's been labelled GBeebies for a reason.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/gbeebies-gb-news-andrew-neil-twitter-b1866111.html

It won't be around long.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774

chilling said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

When the odious Nigel Farage is one of the first guests, you know which direction it's going to take.
    His segment was to be with Dan Wootton, so I thought I'd take a look at Dan's social media profile.

Ah yes, sharing 'Worlds gone mad' articles from the Daily Fail whilst throwing in buzzwords to get the gammon frothing (remind you of anyone?)

Different, like everybody else.

It got some good write ups though.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jun/13/gb-news-review-andrew-neils-alternative-bbc-utterly-deadly-stuff

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/gb-news-review-andrew-neil-b1865175.html

The guardian and the Independent are a benchmark for quality?
    It looks like they’re a benchmark for mediocrity.

When did I say they were any kind of benchmarks?
    They had reviews up for GB News, and both slated the show.
    Feel free to take those reviews with a pinch of salt if you like, though they are hardly outliers with their stance.

Sales don't equate to quality though, look how high up the Mail and Sun are.
    Both racist rags for utter simpletons.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/media/people-who-have-no-freedom-of-speech-given-entire-broadcast-news-channel-20210615209151?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0SgnLzmHLD79o8m29eaP_0godsUc1fAY3u3dCrMwd4c5UqvWMnzFYtb1M#Echobox=1623744112
    So you chose two reviews that slated the show, mainly, like nearly everything you post, has to connect with racism.
    Are you holding something in your hand when you type the word racism?
    I’d say that if you can’t get anywhere near the circulation of the rags you slagged off, then what does it say about those near the bottom? They’re S hite, facing oblivion.
    As all the other channels just knock out propaganda and agendas, then if GB news fails,then that’s what they will likely do.
    So it will be a choice of watching s hite or s hite.
    The fact that the Sun and Mail have amongst the biggest circulation in the country is a very sad reflection of the UK in 2021. Sales and quality certainly doesn't go hand in hand. You'd have to be pretty stupid to think otherwise.

Are you telling me that, in your opinion, the Sun and Mail aren't racist rags?
    Own your views Chilling, no matter how chilling they might be.

GB News will go behind a paywall/subscription service before long.
    Far right shite often ends up going either underground or into obscurity.
    For some reason you are totally consumed with racism.
    If far right goes underground or into obscurity,why are you bothered by it?

Seems such a long time ago that a guy relieved himself in London.
    I guess that was the Main Event.
    Just to clarify, you don't think the Mail and Sun are racist rags?

Own your views, Chilling.
    What’s all this ‘ own your views’ nonsense?
    Do you think I’m shy and retiring and don’t put my opinion across?
    That aside.

I personally haven’t bought any rags for must be over twenty years.
    There’s no need anyway, as it’s abundant online.

Are you saying mail and the sun readers need to be racist to buy said rags?
    Or would your complex be telling you that?
    Surely there would be permanent protests outside their offices?
    Not heard much on that front at all.

With most rags, it depends who the owners are, as well as the editors.
    If there are no right rags, left rags, or middling centre rags, what is there supposed to be?
    What would make you happy?

I think you need a holiday.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,192
    edited June 2021

Perhaps that's why your views are on the crazy side of barking.

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,370
    He doesn't really have views.

Someone told him the copy and paste is being banned soon so hes getting away with as much as he can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CETTzv3fTG0
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,029
    edited June 2021
    Meanwhile at Ikea,
    Humanistic values?
    (not to mention their stores in China, with their appalling human rights record).

and no i haven't watched the show and don't intend to.
  • Options
    The mental gymnastics the fragile right wingers go through is hilarious.

Gbeebies viewer; Ah finally, a show against cancel culture.

*advertisers pull out as they don't want to be associated with Gbeebies*

Gbeebies viewer; boycott these companies!

Anything that has a segment called ''woke watch'' is beyond parody.
  • Options
    I see the Open University have also removed all advertising from Gbeebies.

Seems a sensible decision, given that the average Gbeebies viewer wouldn't hold any interest in that.

After all, they have already graduated from the 'university of life', after a stint at the 'school of hard knocks'.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

For what it's worth I've tried to watch it over a few days but to me it seems very amateurish.

Amateurish you say?

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    It's like when Channel 4 had the cricket over the Winter. After a few minutes you quickly realise it isn't what you wanted
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    Having owned a station kiosk for 20 years and selling over 800 papers a day to the London workers if you think the Mail is read by racists then you are of your head as 3/4 of readers were women over the age of forty,the other 25%being men who should no better hardly anyone under 30 bought it and i was selling 200 + a day.
    As for the Sun 90% of sales was to the under 30s mostly men who after a look at page 3 (long gone)went straight to the back pages.
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

Having owned a station kiosk for 20 years and selling over 800 papers a day to the London workers if you think the Mail is read by racists then you are of your head as 3/4 of readers were women over the age of forty,the other 25%being men who should no better hardly anyone under 30 bought it and i was selling 200 + a day.
    As for the Sun 90% of sales was to the under 30s mostly men who after a look at page 3 (long gone)went straight to the back pages.

Nice sample size.

I called the Mail and Sun racist rags, not at one point did I say they are bought/read by racists. Careful not to fall into claptrap, that would be Chilling.

The Mail and Sun certainly know their target audience though, and pander to them on a daily basis.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

When the odious Nigel Farage is one of the first guests, you know which direction it's going to take.
    His segment was to be with Dan Wootton, so I thought I'd take a look at Dan's social media profile.

Ah yes, sharing 'Worlds gone mad' articles from the Daily Fail whilst throwing in buzzwords to get the gammon frothing (remind you of anyone?)

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jun/13/gb-news-review-andrew-neils-alternative-bbc-utterly-deadly-stuff

Feel free to take those reviews with a pinch of salt if you like, though they are hardly outliers with their stance.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/media/people-who-have-no-freedom-of-speech-given-entire-broadcast-news-channel-20210615209151?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0SgnLzmHLD79o8m29eaP_0godsUc1fAY3u3dCrMwd4c5UqvWMnzFYtb1M#Echobox=1623744112
    So you chose two reviews that slated the show, mainly, like nearly everything you post, has to connect with racism.
    I’d say that if you can’t get anywhere near the circulation of the rags you slagged off, then what does it say about those near the bottom? They’re S hite, facing oblivion.
    As all the other channels just knock out propaganda and agendas, then if GB news fails,then that’s what they will likely do.
    The fact that the Sun and Mail have amongst the biggest circulation in the country is a very sad reflection of the UK in 2021. Sales and quality certainly doesn't go hand in hand. You'd have to be pretty stupid to think otherwise.

Yeah, it’s online. Same papers, same stories.
    News channels have a news paper review section.
    My comment was referring to paper sales.
    What did you think I was referring to?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,192
    chilling said:

lucy4 said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

Yeah, it’s online. Same papers, same stories.
    News channels have a news paper review section.
    My comment was referring to paper sales.
    What did you think I was referring to?
    ALL the wacko, barking, flat earth nut job theories you seem happy tp perpetuate as solid truth.
  • Options

Are you not the mentally fragile?
    Apparently you’re seeing 24/7 racism?
    Nobody I know even mentions or sees any sight of racism.
    Maybe every white person is a supremacist, and are blind to it.
    Folks of colour around here just get on with their lives like anybody else.

• Options

gpc70 said:

Nice sample size.

I called the Mail and Sun racist rags, not at one point did I say they are bought/read by racists. Careful not to fall into claptrap, that would be Chilling.

The Mail and Sun certainly know their target audience though, and pander to them on a daily basis.
    That applies to all rags.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    mumsie said:

He doesn't really have views.

Someone told him the copy and paste is being banned soon so hes getting away with as much as he can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CETTzv3fTG0

You’ve no views on anything .
    Youre just a troll when you think back up is around.
  • Options
    chilling said:

I can only imagine the types of people you hang out with.

There was no mention of racism in my post, you're a bit obsessed ain't ya?

A chilling reminder....

• Options

chilling said:

I can only imagine the types of people you hang out with.

There was no mention of racism in my post, you're a bit obsessed ain't ya?

A chilling reminder....

I hang out with the general public.
    All ages, most races, just like anybody else.
  • Options

gpc70 said:

Nice sample size.

So you

gpc70 said:

Nice sample size.

So you think certain rags are into some sort of radicalisation?
    Left and right?
  • Options
    chilling said:

gpc70 said:

Nice sample size.

So you

gpc70 said:

Nice sample size.

So you think certain rags are into some sort of radicalisation?
    Left and right?
    No, I think some newspapers are inherently racist and bigoted in their 'reporting', and purposely pander to the flagshaggers amongst us.

Chief culprits of the main daily players being the Mail, Sun and Express.

Pretty simple stuff to grasp.