You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Welcome To GB News.

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774

chilling said:

gpc70 said:

Having owned a station kiosk for 20 years and selling over 800 papers a day to the London workers if you think the Mail is read by racists then you are of your head as 3/4 of readers were women over the age of forty,the other 25%being men who should no better hardly anyone under 30 bought it and i was selling 200 + a day.
    As for the Sun 90% of sales was to the under 30s mostly men who after a look at page 3 (long gone)went straight to the back pages.

Nice sample size.

I called the Mail and Sun racist rags, not at one point did I say they are bought/read by racists. Careful not to fall into claptrap, that would be Chilling.

The Mail and Sun certainly know their target audience though, and pander to them on a daily basis.
    So you

gpc70 said:

Having owned a station kiosk for 20 years and selling over 800 papers a day to the London workers if you think the Mail is read by racists then you are of your head as 3/4 of readers were women over the age of forty,the other 25%being men who should no better hardly anyone under 30 bought it and i was selling 200 + a day.
    As for the Sun 90% of sales was to the under 30s mostly men who after a look at page 3 (long gone)went straight to the back pages.

Nice sample size.

I called the Mail and Sun racist rags, not at one point did I say they are bought/read by racists. Careful not to fall into claptrap, that would be Chilling.

The Mail and Sun certainly know their target audience though, and pander to them on a daily basis.
    So you think certain rags are into some sort of radicalisation?
    Left and right?
    No, I think some newspapers are inherently racist and bigoted in their 'reporting', and purposely pander to the flagshaggers amongst us.

Chief culprits of the main daily players being the Mail, Sun and Express.

Pretty simple stuff to grasp.

Protest outside their offices then.Get off your a rse.
    If inherently, that suggests they have been doing it for years, so where have you been?
    If you don’t want to purchase a rag, then don’t buy one.
    If you don’t like a news channel, don’t tune in.

• Options

chilling said:

gpc70 said:

Nice sample size.

So you

gpc70 said:

Nice sample size.

Left and right?
    No, I think some newspapers are inherently racist and bigoted in their 'reporting', and purposely pander to the flagshaggers amongst us.

Is ‘ flagshagger’ not discriminatory?
    You’re not following your preachings that closely, are you.
    Let’s hope all this below gets cancelled,it’s awful.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    I know you're thick, but surely you aren't that thick?

Or maybe you are.

A chilling reminder....
  • Options

Or maybe you are.

A chilling reminder....

A flag is mostly made of material or plastic.
    Flagshagger is a mumbo jumbo term used by folks with a complex.
  • Options
    Laurence Fox on at 9pm tonight.
    This should be fun....
  • Options

Or maybe you are.

A chilling reminder....

How’s your England boycotting the Qatar World Cup campaign going?
    Great time to promote that with footie on everyday .
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,029
    edited June 2021
    chilling said:

Or maybe you are.

A chilling reminder....

How’s your England boycotting the Qatar World Cup campaign going?
    Great time to promote that with footie on everyday .
    Slave Lives Matter
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/world-cup-2022-qatar-s-workers-slaves-building-mausoleums-stadiums-modern-slavery-kafala-a7980816.html

Even the "racist" Sun reported it
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9110001/qatar-2022-world-cup-builders-shame/

And this rag
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/25/revealed-qatars-world-cup-slaves
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    chilling said:

chilling said:

gpc70 said:

Nice sample size.

So you

gpc70 said:

Nice sample size.

Left and right?

Protest outside their offices then.Get off your a rse.
    If inherently, that suggests they have been doing it for years, so where have you been?
    If you don’t want to purchase a rag, then don’t buy one.
    If you don’t like a news channel, don’t tune in.

no labour rags then gaurdian,mirror
  • Options
    that was for your mate hh whatever his name is
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

If you're trying to talk to me, better to quote me rather than quote the wrong poster.

TIA.
  • Options

gpc70 said:

If you're trying to talk to me, better to quote me rather than quote the wrong poster.

TIA.
    no labour rags from a northerner played with a straight bat
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

gpc70 said:

TIA.
    no labour rags from a northerner played with a straight bat
    Well no, I don't think the ''Labour rags'' as you call them are inherently racist and bigoted like the Sun/Mail/Express.

Though I don't buy or read any newspaper, so I have no persuasion or preference.
    I just know to avoid the 3 mentioned above like the plague, because they are a plague.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Isn't it Ofcom's job to monitor and sanction (if required) all broadcasting?
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,231
    The hatred of the Stop Funding Hate fanatics: They vilified GB News even before it launched and claim to fight for tolerance - but foul-mouthed trolling is par for the course, writes GUY ADAMS

GUY ADAMS: At lunchtime yesterday, the Co-op was contacted via Twitter by 'Paul', an avid supporter of Stop Funding Hate's campaign against GB News (main). Claiming the new TV station is 'designed to create division and demonise' people, he declared that, unless the supermarket immediately ceased advertising there, 'I will not spend any more of my hard-earned cash in your stores'. 'Paul' did not bother to cite any evidence of actual malpractice by GB News. But he's certainly an expert on creating division and demonising people. Yet in the vexatious world of Stop Funding Hate (inset: tweets by their fanatics), a lobby group created to censor news outlets it happens to disagree with, foul-mouthed Paul's trolling of public figures turns out to be par for the course.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9694443/They-vilified-GB-News-GUY-ADAMS-reveals-hatred-Stop-Funding-Hate-fanatics.html
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Whether you like this channel or not we live in a democracy, watch, don't watch, everybody has got a choice, an opinion, left wing won't like 90 % of whats in certain media and it's the same for the right wingers, I read the Record online and nearly all the articles seem to be take from twitter, any raving lunatic can put something on there and it seems to be taken as gospel, nobody researches who they are, twitter has become a very powerful tool.
  • Options
    GB News chief Andrew Neil blasts firms who 'took the knee and cowed' to a 'fringe group dominated by far-Left agitators and cranks' in ad boycott row - and warns they will be scrutinised like politicians if they 'play politics'

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/06/17/5449611425392247371/636x382_MP4_5449611425392247371.mp4

Speaking on his Mediawatch show, ex-BBC heavyweight Mr Neil said Stop Funding Hate activists were 'bigots bent on censorship' who had launched their campaign to bring down GB News four months ago, and warned they 'push for advertiser boycotts of any media organisation with which it disagrees'. He claimed 'woke nonsense has reached the boardroom' and accused corporations who had agreed to pull their adverts this week of 'becoming the useful idiot of bigots bent on censorship' - adding that it was 'quite remarkable that serious executives and well-established companies can be so easily cowed'. But the former Sunday Times political editor, who is chairman and lead presenter of GB News, agreed to calm the war of words if the firms stopped 'playing politics' and stopped the advertising boycott. He told viewers: 'They have all taken the knee to Stop Funding Hate. It is important they - and you - realise to whom they are in thrall. Stop Funding Hate does not stand for a liberal, inclusive society. It is dominated by far-Left agitators and cranks that push for advertiser boycotts of any media organisation with which it disagrees.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9698309/GB-News-chief-Andrew-Neil-blasts-firms-took-knee-cowed-ad-boycott-row.html
  • Options
    GB News pranksters fool presenters into reading out cheeky fake names 'Mike Oxlong', 'Hugh Janus' and 'Jenny Taylier' - and even manage to get a bare bottom on screen

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/06/17/4353803622390975202/636x382_MP4_4353803622390975202.mp4

The new TV channel has already been targeted by left-wing zealots who want to shut it down by forcing big businesses to pull their adverts with a social media war waged since it began broadcasting on Sunday. Star GB News presenter Simon McCoy has blasted the 'idiot' trolls sending in emails and texts using fake names that sound rude when read aloud and urged them to 'grow up'. His co-host Alex Phillips even threatened to stop reading out surnames if the pranksters persisted. Since its launch over the weekend, a number of GB News presenters including Michelle Dewberry have been tricked into reading out texts and emails from viewers giving names such as 'Mike Hunt', 'Hugh Janus', 'Mike Oxlong', 'Tess Tegal', 'Cleo Torez' and 'Jenny Taylier'. And last night a comedian used an appearance on Dan Wootton's show to sneakily flash his rear at viewers using a bathroom mirror.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9696977/GB-News-pranksters-fool-presenters-reading-cheeky-fake-names.html
  • Options
    Vespa, out of interest, where did your mate take you for your annual dinner?

• Options
    Same place you take your cousin on date nights.