You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Humiliated Hancock.

13»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,247
    Tense clash as Tory tries to turn tables on Kay Burley over 'law-breaking' Matt Hancock

Tory chair Amanda Milling was slapped down for shifting focus onto the Sky News host - as she refused to say if the former Health Secretary will be investigated.

Mr Hancock resigned after he broke Covid rules by snogging aide Gina Coladangelo on May 6, while indoor gatherings between different bubbles were still illegal.

Labour want an investigation into how Ms Coladangelo got her £15,000-a-year job on the Department of Health board. No10 claim all rules were followed despite Mr Hancock appointing her "directly".

But Ms Milling refused to say whether there will be an investigation - and tried to shift the focus onto her interrogator.

Told repeatedly "he broke the law!", she replied: "People have made mistakes, as you know Kay, in terms of the rules, during the course of the last 12 months - as you know yourself."

But unlike Ms Burley, Mr Hancock made the decision to step back entirely of his own choice despite being backed to the hilt by Downing Street.

In a tense clash, Kay Burley hit back: "You've made the point twice. As you know, I was sanctioned, I was off air for six months.

"I don’t make policy. You do. And he certainly did at the time.

"Does he have to face any comeback as a result of breaking the law during a global pandemic and snogging with his aide?"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tense-clash-as-tory-tries-to-turn-tables-on-kay-burley-over-law-breaking-matt-hancock/ar-AALGKF4?ocid=msedgntp
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,247
    edited July 2021