You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

33x £33 Main Events Challenge.

Comments

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Came out of retirement tonight and already feel like retiring again. Bust in the mid stages tonight with a speculative call. Took a head prize to soften the blow a touch though.

Poker is rubbish and so am I, as I appear to have forgotten how to play during the enforced break. I was awful tonight!

edited October 2021
    A very rare Saturday night on the tables whilst watching the superb dual stream from @Duesenberg and @The--Don. Fantastic stream and they raised a huge amount of money for a very worthy charity, well done both.

Anyway, the tournament. Nothing major to report, 1 bullet, 1 head.

• goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Just keep it break-even-ish for the next 6 games please.......
    Made the money tonight, but only a min cash in 15th place. I did take 6 heads but also used both bullets so the profit wasn't anything to write home about.

Bust in the mid stages tonight, only used the one bullet and took a couple of heads so the losses were minimal. Challenge is nearly over with just 4 games to go, but obviously UKOPS is coming up and any (if there even are any?) £33 UKOPS mtts will not count towards the challenge.

edited October 2021
    The number of potential winners of the £33 Main Event seat has reduced dramatically now with only anyone from @GREGSTER and above having a chance, although I would need 4x double bullet bricks for the lower of the guesses to win.

The challenge won't be over until after UKOPS though so we have a couple of weeks to wait yet.

Tikay10 +£3174.27
    Glenelg +£2345.67
    gibbzy +£1600
    K0BAYASHI +£1234
    Itsover4u +£1222
    PRhack93 +£1000
    mumsie +£999
    hanlan123 +£825
    goldnballz +£722.50
    Red_King +£662
    stokefc +£600
    Enut +£543.21
    glencoelad +£533.33
    GREGSTER +£525

• PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Awesome Ryan, nice chunk of profit too. :) GLGL in remaining matches.
    PKRPar said:

Awesome Ryan, nice chunk of profit too. :) GLGL in remaining matches.

Cheers. I've used "Duesenberg -£398.62" as motivation.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    There was never any doubt, but you are due a downswing for the last few attempts though, remember to keep rebuying if that happens!

In all seriousness well played, very consistent cashing.
    edited November 2021
    First Main Event played since UKOPS ended and it was oh so close to a win. Finished 2nd but mainly sat here feeling like it was an opportunity wasted as I made a couple of mistakes 3 handed (at least I think I did anyway). I can't really complain though as I was gifted 2nd place when the other 2 went to war. It just would have been nice to have a win during the challenge!

I recorded the ft to review on my next lesson so at least there will be some interesting spots to review.

edited November 2021
    So, just 3 games left to play now and as it stands @K0BAYASHl will be winning the Main Event seat, but of course anything can happen yet.

Only the following guesses have any chance of winning now though (I think):

Tikay10 +£3174.27
    Glenelg +£2345.67
    gibbzy +£1600
    K0BAYASHI +£1234
    Itsover4u +£1222
    PRhack93 +£1000
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    Smashing it, vwp.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855

Well done Ryan @waller02

I'm still in with a shot here.
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    Great result @waller02 , very well played!
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,517
    Nice result last night Ryan, well played. Please dont moan about only being second! ;)

Good luck in the remaining few games, but please throw it if Tikay is in contention. Only 3 games before itsoverforyou.
    Cheers all. Yeah I'm not moaning about finishing 2nd, obviously happy with the result, but still a bit frustrated this morning, I think its both wanting to a book a win for the challenge coupled with the fact I messed up 3 handed. I hate losing because of my own mistakes rather than a bad beat or cooler.
  • bakersdozebakersdoze Member Posts: 19
    GG last night, probably found it frustrating when you had the chip lead as I felt the same when I gave it away as well. Gl for the rest of the challenge!

GG last night, probably found it frustrating when you had the chip lead as I felt the same when I gave it away as well. Gl for the rest of the challenge!

Cheers and vwp yourself, I owe you one for gifting me 2nd place in the end. It was a weird dynamic 3 handed, I was always trying to play catch up until our cooler, but I didn't want to take any marginal spots really as the guy who finished 3rd wasn't afraid of putting his chips in the middle was he!

It was an enjoyable game though, and congrats on taking it down.
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    waller02 said:

Cheers all. Yeah I'm not moaning about finishing 2nd, obviously happy with the result, but still a bit frustrated this morning, I think its both wanting to a book a win for the challenge coupled with the fact I messed up 3 handed. I hate losing because of my own mistakes rather than a bad beat or cooler.

Thats the problem with tournies. Its always gonna be tinged with some dissapointment unless you actually you win it.

Excellent result and vwp (esp. after 1st bullet)