You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker Returns - the next SPT is announced.

Comments

• Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 438
    pompeynic said:

Hi @Tikay10 ,
    Hope all goes well this weekend, it really hurts that I will not be there. Really miss all the regulars.
    Just wondering if you get a say in the planning of the ( hopefully ) soon to be announced full schedule for next year? Could you mention that the time of year for an SPT in Brighton is not in the Summer months but either early or late in the year. Accommodation prices are ridiculous at the wrong time of year and can really hurt the pockets for those trying to attend.
    Hope everyone has fun
    Nick

Noted.
  • Options
    Chip2A5ErzChip2A5Erz Member Posts: 5
    Hello fellow degenerates, Manchester will be my first live event and I have a couple of queries.

Say for example you end day 1a with a total of 4 starting stacks (equivalent of £800). Then you decide to play day 1b also, and end day 1b with 6 starting stacks (equivalent of £1200) . What happens to your day 1a stack? Do you get £800? Can you add the stacks together for day 2? Or do you just have to give that stack up? (£800!!!)

Also, if only firing 1 bullet, which day 1 would you recommend to play?

Cheers.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,322

Hello fellow degenerates, Manchester will be my first live event and I have a couple of queries.

Say for example you end day 1a with a total of 4 starting stacks (equivalent of £800). Then you decide to play day 1b also, and end day 1b with 6 starting stacks (equivalent of £1200) . What happens to your day 1a stack? Do you get £800? Can you add the stacks together for day 2? Or do you just have to give that stack up? (£800!!!)

Also, if only firing 1 bullet, which day 1 would you recommend to play?

Cheers.

@Chip2A5Erz

If you play BOTH opening flights (Friday & Saturday) and get through both (a tall order, but possible) you "surrender" the smallest stack. However, you don't get any cashout value from the surrendered stack.

Hard to say which is the best flight to play, it's pretty much as long as it's broad, pros & cons to both really. To a degree, it depends if you are local or staying in a hotel too. If the latter, playing Saturday is better as you save one night in the hotel.

Hope that helps, look forward to seeing you.
  • Options
    bakersdozebakersdoze Member Posts: 19
    Just got on the train now, looking forward to it a lot should be really good :)
  • Options

Just got on the train now, looking forward to it a lot should be really good :)

@bakersdoze

I'm about to board my train. See you later bud, don't forget to come say hi.
  • Options
    karllukekarlluke Member Posts: 910
    Just going for my train. I’m so excited.
  • Options
    karlluke said:

@karlluke

Tinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I see MOTHER @Amarie is coming too. Always something to spoil a perfect day, eh?
  • Options
    neenioneenio Member Posts: 58
    Hi tikay hope u r well i wanna buy in direct for saturday can i do it on site or at venue please
  • Options
    Lol hope i can im on train
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    The horrible flu has beaten me. I'm feeling a lot better than I was but I guess people don't want a bloke coughing over them so I'm a late non-runner. Hope it all goes well and wish everyone the best of luck. I'll be following the news here.
  • Options
    neenio said:

Hi tikay hope u r well i wanna buy in direct for saturday can i do it on site or at venue please

You can still buy-in via SkyPoker.com @neenio

Does this link work for you?

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=36123974&guid=1c039e64-9708-40a1-9384-1247745083ce
  • Options

@neenio

If not, yeah, you can buy-in at the Venue tomorrow.
  • Options
    NChanning said:

The horrible flu has beaten me. I'm feeling a lot better than I was but I guess people don't want a bloke coughing over them so I'm a late non-runner. Hope it all goes well and wish everyone the best of luck. I'll be following the news here.

@NChanning

That's very sad, especially as many of the lads were hoping you could mark their card for Cheltenham this afternoon.

Will Beevers Bookmakers have a pitch there?
  • Options
    Yes it does ty
  • Options
    Im in thx
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852

He will definitely be there, I think it's his debut and he was very excited about the winning distance in the two horse race today!

• Options
    NChanning said:

He will definitely be there, I think it's his debut and he was very excited about the winning distance in the two horse race today!

@NChanning

Make room, make room.

• Options
    AmarieAmarie Member Posts: 443
    Tikay10 said:

karlluke said:

@karlluke

Tinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I see MOTHER @Amarie is coming too. Always something to spoil a perfect day, eh?
    I know you are as excited to see me as I am you

See you Saturday

xxx
  • Options
    AmarieAmarie Member Posts: 443
    pompeynic said:

Hi @Tikay10 ,
    Hope all goes well this weekend, it really hurts that I will not be there. Really miss all the regulars.
    Just wondering if you get a say in the planning of the ( hopefully ) soon to be announced full schedule for next year? Could you mention that the time of year for an SPT in Brighton is not in the Summer months but either early or late in the year. Accommodation prices are ridiculous at the wrong time of year and can really hurt the pockets for those trying to attend.
    Hope everyone has fun
    Nick

Sad that you wont be there, hopefully see you soon

xxx
  • Options

@Amarie

MOTHERRRRRRRRRRRRR