You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would (should) you do.....?

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    HAYSIE said:

MattBates said:

With the utg limp was it purely to try and bust haysie?
    With all 3 hands you are playing passively hoping to hit and even when you hit with hands like you are playing you never really know where you are.

Hard to bust anyone with a limp.
    Can't be that hard he bust you ;)
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,020
    stokefc said:

HAYSIE said:

MattBates said:

With all 3 hands you are playing passively hoping to hit and even when you hit with hands like you are playing you never really know where you are.

Not with a limp.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

HAYSIE said:

MattBates said:

I will be over the moon every time ha calls my shoves with 76.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Just out of interest how many of the three would you have played?
    Bearing in mind the 76 was in a Sunday Major sat, Misty had a narrow chip lead, and only 3 runners.
    You know the circumstances of the KJ.
    Not sure which tourney the K9 was in.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    HAYSIE said:

MattBates said:

Bearing in mind the 76 was in a Sunday Major sat, Misty had a narrow chip lead, and only 3 runners.
    76 easy fold
    kj rather jam than call pre but probably just fold, the 3x looks strong
    k9 fold
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    edited October 2021
    Tikay10 said:

Who wants to guess how many posts this thread will generate?

With @HAYSIE involved I'm taking the overs, whatever the line is.

@Tikay10 Looking good....😂
  • Options
    MattBates said:

HAYSIE said:

MattBates said:

76 easy fold
    k9 fold
    Thought so.
  • Options
    Glenelg said:

Tikay10 said:

Who wants to guess how many posts this thread will generate?

With @HAYSIE involved I'm taking the overs, whatever the line is.

@Tikay10 Looking good....😂
    It was nailed on.
  • Options

The value of these Eliminator Freerolls is definitely in going out your way to knock people out rather than trying to win.

The K9o one is the definitely the worst of the 3 to play preflop. We don't cover the opener who has a much stronger range and K9o is a pretty bad hand. Postflop is fine.

KJo would normally be a fold preflop. It probably isn't too bad in this format when it's all about knocking people out. I would be extremely suspicious when the player behind raises for half his stack when there's so much in the middle, seems super strong and you should probably let it go.

76o is a pretty weak hand. Once we limp and Haysie shoves it's an easy call, trying to get head prizes is too valuable. I think you should either fold pre or min-raise if the BB is tight and call if Haysie jams and the BB folds. (This is assuming we are the button)

At the end of the day it's a freeroll and a bit of fun, doesn't matter if some of the plays are losing.

• Options
    gpc70 said:

the other hand is in the brexit thread think it's lost in amongst all the other nonsense you post.

I feel compelled to compliment you on such a constructive, and insightful post.
    Well done.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    HAYSIESmall blind75.0075.00685.00
    MartinbrosBig blind150.00225.002415.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    MISTY4MECall150.00375.002525.00
    HAYSIEAll-in685.001060.000.00
    MartinbrosFold
    MISTY4MECall610.001670.001915.00
    HAYSIEShow
    • A
    MISTY4MEShow
    Flop
    • K
    • K
    Turn
    River
    MISTY4MEWinTwo Pairs, Kings and 6s1670.003585.00
    Shhhhh......I've said before we should FLIP 1st hand with 3 players, coz its good value .....but I know you don't rely on LUCK :)
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

stokefc said:

HAYSIE said:

MattBates said:

Not with a limp.
    INDUCED ........ :)
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    HAYSIE said:

MattBates said:

HAYSIE said:

MattBates said:

Just out of interest how many of the three would :) you have played?
    76 easy fold
    k9 fold
    Thought so.
    I <3 BOUNTYS .....Taste sooooo good ;):)
  • Options

The value of these Eliminator Freerolls is definitely in going out your way to knock people out rather than trying to win.

The K9o one is the definitely the worst of the 3 to play preflop. We don't cover the opener who has a much stronger range and K9o is a pretty bad hand. Postflop is fine.

KJo would normally be a fold preflop. It probably isn't too bad in this format when it's all about knocking people out. I would be extremely suspicious when the player behind raises for half his stack when there's so much in the middle, seems super strong and you should probably let it go.

76o is a pretty weak hand. Once we limp and Haysie shoves it's an easy call, trying to get head prizes is too valuable. I think you should either fold pre or min-raise if the BB is tight and call if Haysie jams and the BB folds. (This is assuming we are the button)

At the end of the day it's a freeroll and a bit of fun, doesn't matter if some of the plays are losing.

Cheers Danny @FeelGroggy

Hope to see you soon mate ........ Have you taken up GOLF yet ? :)
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    MISTY4ME said:

which would have been........

What would (should) you do?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    18JAHSmall blind200.00200.005560.00
    myjokras00Big blind400.00600.006150.00
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • J
    WILL7B7Raise1200.001800.002672.50
    albertgFold
    AglestoneFold
    MISTY4MECall1200.003000.0010222.50
    18JAHFold
    myjokras00Raise3200.006200.002950.00
    WILL7B7Call2400.008600.00272.50
    MISTY4MECall2400.0011000.007822.50
    Flop
    • K
    myjokras00All-in2950.0013950.000.00
    WILL7B7All-in272.5014222.500.00
    MISTY4ME ?
    Just to help @Tikay10 get OVER the line........ ;)

Is anyone FOLDING here .....in a Bounty Hunter/Eliminator ?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    MISTY4ME said:

MISTY4ME said:

which would have been........

What would (should) you do?

Just to help @Tikay10 get OVER the line........ ;)

Is anyone FOLDING here .....in a Bounty Hunter/Eliminator ?

Both Matt Bates, and Hanson, the only people that have really commented so far.
    And you can include me.
    I wouldnt exactly characterise @FeelGroggys comments as a ringing endorsement.
    He did say it would normally be a fold pre flop, and that you should probably let it go.
    I am certain that you would not usually follow this advice.
    He seems to be advocating playing it for a bit of fun, rather than because of the merit of the hand.
    You seem more intent on clutching at straws, rather than taking any notice of what is actually being said.
    To interpret "you should probably let it go", as you did the right thing, is desperate.
    So in answer to your question, is anyone folding here, the answer is everyone that has commented so far.

• Options
    MISTY4ME said:

How much emphasis or consideration (if any) should be put on the fact that it's a Bounty Hunter/ UKOPS Eliminator Freeroll ?

Pre-FLOP
    Post-FLOP

Graham @StayOrGo ,Matt @MattBates , Chris @rspca12 , Phil @PBKR, Danny @FeelGroggy , Danny @Itsover4u , and any of the other regular contributors

Hes gone all sulky now.

This is because not many of his heroes responded.

Secondly, because there wasnt overwhelming support for his actions.

Thirdly, that he was expecting a huge majority to say that 76, K9, and KJ, are terrific hands that should be played at every opportunity.

Fourthly, nobody said that he played them superbly.

Lastly, nobody agreed with his opinion that nothing that went before, or followed mattered, therefore the limping, big raises, and re-raises, and being dominated, were irrelevant.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Not sulking at all........ some of us have lives outside of Poker, especially on a Saturday.

I was asking a serious question about how much consideration/emphasis should should be put on the Bounties available. :)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Not sulking at all........ some of us have lives outside of Poker, especially on a Saturday.

I was asking a serious question about how much consideration/emphasis should should be put on the Bounties available. :)

Not sulking, but feeling the need to make sarcastic comments.

Sticking to the poker.
    One of the hands was in an eliminator freeroll, one in a sat, and I assume the last one was in a bog standard bounty hunter, as you havent answered that question.
    Isnt the point that in order to win a bounty, you have to win the pot, and that bounties on offer may have clouded your judgement, leading you to overvalue hands.
    This doesnt provide an explanation for your 76 against the A10, as that was a sat.
    I think that if the 1200 raise wasnt enough to fold the KJ, then the re-raise to 3,200 would have been enough for most people to surrender, and fold.
    Irrespective of a point being on offer for each person you knocked out.
    The K9 was dominated by AK, and unlikely to win any bounties the majority of the time.
    I was being polite earlier when I said your judgement might have been clouded.
    How could that be the case when we are where we are today, we have been debating this back and fore for about a week, before you started this thread, and you still think you were right.
    You are still clinging to the hope that if you keep saying eliminator bounty hunter, someone may agree, yet the below would have convinced most people.

MattBates said:
    » show previous quotes
    76 easy fold
    k9 fold
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited October 2021
    If you want to go hard for bounties in the elim freeroll then play aggressive. With the KJo you 3b jam.

You seem to be playing weak hands passively then saying you are doing it to get bounties but as Haysie said you are only getting the bounties if you win the hand.