You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football Trading

I've decided to have a go at football trading, I've done horse racing trading before but I'm too slow and it was costing me money, I've started with a £20 bankroll which is never near enough ( The original plan was to start with a more realistic £200 but Christmas hit that on the head ).
I will keep it goin to the end of the season and see what I end up with, I don't plan to deposit again if the **** hits the fan, I will post every few days with the results, odds are not great but I am taking low odds to get goin, so here goes.......

£27.90 profit so far.

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Are you scalping the exchange markets then Rab ?
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223

It's not really scalping where you are in and out quick tryin to get ticks going in you're favour, basically I just try to predict which way I think a match will go, choose an entry point, see how the game is going, if it goes in my favour I can trade out for a profit or let it ride, or if it's going against me I can cash out for a loss.
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

It's not really scalping where you are in and out quick tryin to get ticks going in you're favour, basically I just try to predict which way I think a match will go, choose an entry point, see how the game is going, if it goes in my favour I can trade out for a profit or let it ride, or if it's going against me I can cash out for a loss.
    Good luck with it buddy. It makes a change to see somebody actually doing it in game. Most of my experience is in pre game markets mainly due to the amount of liquidity in the hour between team announcements and kick off.

Do you utilise a tool to help show the money flow etc ? If so which one, I found the "Boys Toys" one very difficult to integrate with the Betfair and Betdaq exchanges.
  • Options

rabdeniro said:

Good luck with it buddy. It makes a change to see somebody actually doing it in game. Most of my experience is in pre game markets mainly due to the amount of liquidity in the hour between team announcements and kick off.

Do you utilise a tool to help show the money flow etc ? If so which one, I found the "Boys Toys" one very difficult to integrate with the Betfair and Betdaq exchanges.
    I used to use Bet Angel and Geek Toys when I was doing the horses, In the football I just try and read whats happening in the exchanges, If I was doing it with a large bankroll I would use Bet Angel.
  • Options
    Ma team Rangers let me down they played ****, traded out twice for a lose, traded out on the Celtic game on the 70th minute they scored 2 mins later.

Profit so far - £52.86

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    GL with this . Should make for an interesting thread
  • Options
    Took a couple of bad hits, I should have cash out earlier in the Celtic game and the Inter game for a smaller lose, still in profit thats the main thing..

Profit so far - £53.80

• Options
    Apart from those two £30 hits thats a pretty impressive set of results. Good luck as you move forward.
  • Options
    Some bad choices again, how Spurs didn't beat Soton, and the Blackburn game was bad, picked too many 0-0 games, going to try and stick to 2 games a day max.

Profit so far - £46.97

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    rabdeniro said:

Are you watching or listening to or watching the games while you do this.

I used to quite like the inplay for cards but dont think the exchange does it or didn,t used to
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,471
    MP33 said:

rabdeniro said:

I used to quite like the inplay for cards but dont think the exchange does it or didn,t used to
    Don't know about the machine, but you can trade Cards in-play on Sporting Index.

Bookings
    0 30 34
    Booking Supremacy: N.F/Ars
    0-0 1 4
    N.F-Ars: 1st Red Card
    1 84.5 86.5
    Nottingham Forest Team Bookings
    0 16 19
    Arsenal Team Bookings
    0 14 16
    1st Half Bookings
    0 9 12
    Bookings Points 30-Ups
    0 7 10
    Bookings Points 40-Ups
    0 4 6
    Bookings Points 50-Ups
    0 2 4
    Bookings Points 60-Ups
    0 1 2
    Bookings Points 70-Ups
    0 0 1
    Bookings Points 80-Ups
    0 0 0.5
    Bookings Points 90-Ups
    0 0 0.5
    Bookings Points 100-Ups
    0 0 0
  • Options
    Most of the markets are traded in running on Sporting Index although the markets on the exchanges usually offer more liquidity due to being able to enter at a few ticks above or below.

The flip side is that usually on Sporting Index with it being a spread based market the exposure is much more manageable.

I think with all markets with in running positions you absolutely have to be monitoring the event in real time, although if you can get somebody to courtside that's even better.
  • Options
    MP33 said:

rabdeniro said:

I try to watch the games if I can't I use Flash Score or Soccerway for info, I've never looked at card odds in - play, but it seems you can get card odds for certain games, the Wolves game doesn't have them but the W Ham does, but that's before in - play,
    I'm watching the Rayo Vallecano game it's got a in - play shown a card list, but there isn't any odds showing if that makes any sense.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    A lot of the bigger games have card betting on the exchange but there's rarely enough liquidity in play for it to be worth betting on.
  • Options

A lot of the bigger games have card betting on the exchange but there's rarely enough liquidity in play for it to be worth betting on.

Aye that's what I was trying to say :) .
  • Options
    And as any punter knows that is something to stay away from.
  • Options
    Not a bad weekend could have been a lot better if I didn't have a power cut, who would have known if you get a power cut your mobile phone doesn't work either, strange but true. ( Maybe one for the conspiracy guys ).
    Would have had 4 draws up as well but I had to change one of my selections as the game had kicked off by the time the power came back on, original selection draws, new one Wigan score a winner 90 + 4 mins, sods law, cost me about £450, had them permed so still got £60 odd,
    On the trading front Bayern was a bad one, should have cashed out when they scored but let it ride, my risk to reward is far to high, trying to get better value is too much of a risk at the moment because of my low bankroll.

Profit so far £80.34.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,471

Buyers of X & Multi Corners in the Ethiopia - Cape Verde AFCON match had a torrid time - just 1 corner in the first 45 minutes. No way back from that.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Tikay10 said:

Buyers of X & Multi Corners in the Ethiopia - Cape Verde AFCON match had a torrid time - just 1 corner in the first 45 minutes. No way back from that.

Would've loved to have layed that market.

I never bet any AfCON market to be honest, Back in the day I absolutely did my b******s
    on this tournament and decided that the levels of inconsistancy both of players and officials, meant it was always a high risk.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

Would've loved to have layed that market.

I never bet any AfCON market to be honest, Back in the day I absolutely did my b******s
    on this tournament and decided that the levels of inconsistancy both of players and officials, meant it was always a high risk.
    After that Algeria game am going right off it.