You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Never ending story

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    Tikay10 said:

Jeez. Who on earth listens to this utter nonsense?

Lots of people.

And, in case you think Rogan does it for the love, or Spotify do not give a lot of money to him, I believe that they have paid him more than $100 million...
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,548
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

Lots of people.

And, in case you think Rogan does it for the love, or Spotify do not give a lot of money to him, I believe that they have paid him more than $100 million...
    I suppose people pay good money to watch or read science-fiction. It's the same thing really.

Africa does not exist, there's no such thing as climate...
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,509
    There is no place in Medical Science for Armpit sniffing. cough!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,366
    edited January 2022
    Ive watched a lot of Joe Rogan on YouTube before he migrated to Spotify.

There was lots of entertainment and great interviews.

Joe's ignorance and stupidity shines through lots of times, hes also very witty at times and its easy to warm to him.

Often stoned to the eyeballs.

Here is a exert from a great interview touching on gambling addiction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adHWkJ1jfJU.

The full interview is even better.

The Elon Musk is a classic one and worth watching if you want to understand what Elon is about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPr5-27vSI

Most of his shows are also available in smaller chunks on youtube.

The Brian Cox one is breath takingly good too.

EDIT

I must add, lots of his interviews aren't with cranky conspiracy theorists and flat earthers.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,174
    Tikay10 said:

The urine drinkers.
  • Options
    Ed Stafford recommends it and said it could save your life.

The Ultimate "Getting your own Back" don't knock it till you've tried it. Lots of nutrients to re-cycle not been absolved first time round and you want to pee up against the wall. Well, little Gretta not happy line you up against the wall. hic!
  • Options
    Someone should bottle it. -- R Whites , Secret Urinade Drinker. - R Whites
  • Options
    Sorry Toot Toot got carried away thot it was "Caption Competition Time"
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,174
    Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

Lots of people.

I suppose people pay good money to watch or read science-fiction. It's the same thing really.

Africa does not exist, there's no such thing as climate...
    Some laptops cant be trusted.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    Normal?

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    VespaPX said:

Normal?

Yes, very much so.

The only difference now is that games are stopped, and the knock on effect of that is that it receives more widespread coverage, even in the lower leagues.

What investigation is the dimwit wanting?
  • Options

Wickham :D
  • Options
    I haven't read up on why the games were stopped, beyond the headlines of 'medical emergency', so take the following with the applicable salt.

If it was cardiac arrest, which is probably a decent chance....

Out of hospital cardiac arrest figures run annually at around 55 people per 100k.

Given that football stadiums and grounds can be quite a pressurised environment, with games attended by many older people, wouldn't it be weird not to have medical emergencies at football matches?

I'd need to see the data for the accurate annual sums (if it even exists) but considering that football attracts hundreds of thousands of fans every weekend, these reported medical emergencies likely fall way below annual averages.

The 3 games in question today had attendances totalling just over 34,000.
    Would anyone bat an eyelid if, over the course of a Saturday retail day in London with 34,000 people out and about spending money, 3 shoppers needed urgent medical attention?

Thought not.

But the mince brigade on Twitter will have you believing there is a problem at 'Wickham' Wanderers.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,548

Describing others as thick yet can't spell Wycombe?

Says it all about these fruitcakes.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021

I haven't read up on why the games were stopped, beyond the headlines of 'medical emergency', so take the following with the applicable salt.

If it was cardiac arrest, which is probably a decent chance....

Out of hospital cardiac arrest figures run annually at around 55 people per 100k.

Given that football stadiums and grounds can be quite a pressurised environment, with games attended by many older people, wouldn't it be weird not to have medical emergencies at football matches?

I'd need to see the data for the accurate annual sums (if it even exists) but considering that football attracts hundreds of thousands of fans every weekend, these reported medical emergencies likely fall way below annual averages.

The 3 games in question today had attendances totalling just over 34,000.
    Would anyone bat an eyelid if, over the course of a Saturday retail day in London with 34,000 people out and about spending money, 3 shoppers needed urgent medical attention?

Thought not.

But the mince brigade on Twitter will have you believing there is a problem at 'Wickham' Wanderers.

Wycombe play at Adams Park. Wickham at the TAF stadium.

The "medical emergency" at Wycombe? The MK Dons fans were singing a particularly vile racist chant at Adebayo Akinfenwa. He had had enough, and was trying to get into the away end to have a "discussion" with the people singing. Given the size of him, there would certainly have been a medical emergency.

The game was stopped to stop the singing, and to eject the singers.

Needs to be an investigation. Into resurgent racism.
  • Options