You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Never ending story

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    VespaPX said:

"Trust Doctors and medical science. Or, if you can't trust them, at least do it (get vaccinated) for your family".

"Pfizer have carried out lots of work on the vaccine, but have not yet completed everything".

I'll wait until the trials have finished thanks.

Let's hope you don't die waiting :#:/
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    lol at anti-vax Vespa posting stuff that supports vaccination, whilst being too stupid to realise it does.

Happy new year.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    Jab no arm in it.

Are you Compulsory, Space Monkey Trail Blazer.....

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,024
    Keep on keeping on..

• Options
    Start of the pandemic - death rates
    Middle of pandemic - hospitalisation rates
    Now - cases rates

Whatever fits the narrative
  • Options
    Keep on keeping on.

• Options
    One that didn't sends it's regards........

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,985
    VespaPX said:
    Should we care more about a whinging Mountie, or the innocent people he comes into contact with in the course of carrying out his duties?
    Innocent people that he could infect and kill.

If I had two local pubs, and one was insisting on a covid pass and the other one wasnt, I would drink at the one requiring the covid pass, and not go near the other one.

I owned a half share in a bar many years ago.
    If I still owned it today, I would be insisting on a covid pass to gain entry, irrespective of what the government said.
    I wouldnt care about the odd disgruntled Mountie, that was forced to drink elsewhere.

In my last job I was responsible for up to ten sales teams.
    I would fire any staff that were refusing vaccines.
    I wouldnt care about a couple of tribunals.
    If they didnt want to get vaccinated, I would consider them too stupid to work for me.
    I would insist on a covid pass at the interview stage, before taking on any new staff.
    I think it would be a great selling point, to be able to assure any potential new customers, that any staff that they came into contact with would be fully vaccinated.
    This reassurance would result in substantial extra sales, which would cover the cost of any tribunals.
    Although, I am certain that the top earners, which had the most to lose would get vaccinated, and the likelihood is you would lose maybe a couple of newer staff, that didnt qualify for an unfair dismissal claim, or those that it would be fairly cheap to settle.

Your own recent post pointed out the stupidity of not taking the vaccine.
    How much longer do you intend to persist with your silly arguments.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,985
    edited January 2022
    HAYSIE said:

VespaPX said:

This is a brilliant post in support of the vaccine.

How many people in England are unvaccinated?
    To estimate the size of the population eligible for vaccination, the government uses the ONS estimate for the population aged 12 and over, which is 48,375,273. With 43,250,509 first doses having been given in England, that would leave an estimated 5.1 million eligible people who have not received a dose of vaccine.

Based on the above figures your own post says that 8.7% of the unvaccinated were infected, and only 1.9% of the vaccinated were infected.
    That means if you were unvaccinated you were more than four and a half times more likely to become infected.
    Added to this I think it is common knowledge that the vaccinated are less likely to become seriously ill, or admitted to hospital.

Brilliant.
    Just to be clear.
    If the vaccinated were infected at the same rate as the unvaccinated, the figure on the right hand graph would be 3,762,794.

Brilliant.

If this was the reason that you refused a vaccination, surely logic dictates that you have to change your mind.
  • Options
    Travel restrictions we are all Dodo's trapped, waiting to be eaten or become jellyfish.
  • Options
    It's Life but not as we know it.

• Options
    Beam me up Scotty .... sorry travel restrictions
  • Options
    Sorry Toot Toot but they were ganging up on you.......
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    goldon said:

Travel restrictions we are all Dodo's trapped, waiting to be eaten or become jellyfish.

Just need a 'Shot in the Arm' (...or 3) and 'The World's your Oyster' ....... unless the 'World is not enough' :)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    MISTY4ME said:

goldon said:

Just need a 'Shot in the Arm' (...or 3) and 'The World's your Oyster' ....... unless the 'World is not enough' :)
    Zombies on a Plane Deluxe how did we allow it to happen.....Monkeys in space. Boss dog.?
  • Options
    goldon said:

Sorry Toot Toot but they were ganging up on you.......

Bring it on..
    toot toot
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    "If this was the reason that you refused a vaccination, surely logic dictates that you have to change your mind".

Just to be clear, didn't you say you weren't going to get involved in this?

Why would i need a jab.
    I had, what i assume was Covid in Dec 2020 (3 day cold with minor taste issues).
    I exercise, eat healthy foods, have no underlining conditions and i'm not overweight.
    I have trust in my immune system.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

VespaPX said:

"Trust Doctors and medical science. Or, if you can't trust them, at least do it (get vaccinated) for your family".

"Pfizer have carried out lots of work on the vaccine, but have not yet completed everything".

I'll wait until the trials have finished thanks.
    Let's hope you don't die waiting :#:/

Not getting rid of me that easily.
    Gotta keep the Rail interesting.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    VespaPX said:

"If this was the reason that you refused a vaccination, surely logic dictates that you have to change your mind".

Just to be clear, didn't you say you weren't going to get involved in this?

Why would i need a jab.
    I had, what i assume was Covid in Dec 2020 (3 day cold with minor taste issues).
    I exercise, eat healthy foods, have no underlining conditions and i'm not overweight.
    I have trust in my immune system.

-------------------------------------------------------

Have a look at this guy on his Facebook.
    Also 'trusted him immune system', and was very against vaccination.
    He uploaded a couple of vlogs to his page, including when he picked up Covid.
    Dropped dead a few days later from it.

Your body your rules and all that.
    But after all the data and billions and billions of doses administered worldwide, anyone declining the jab (without medical issues in play) is a fkn idiot.