You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Never ending story

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,985
    edited January 2022

VespaPX said:

"If this was the reason that you refused a vaccination, surely logic dictates that you have to change your mind".

Just to be clear, didn't you say you weren't going to get involved in this?

Why would i need a jab.
    I had, what i assume was Covid in Dec 2020 (3 day cold with minor taste issues).
    I exercise, eat healthy foods, have no underlining conditions and i'm not overweight.
    I have trust in my immune system.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Have a look at this guy on his Facebook.
    Also 'trusted him immune system', and was very against vaccination.
    He uploaded a couple of vlogs to his page, including when he picked up Covid.
    Dropped dead a few days later from it.

Your body your rules and all that.
    But after all the data and billions and billions of doses administered worldwide, anyone declining the jab (without medical issues in play) is a fkn idiot.

I've known Les for years. Maverick. Slightly mad. But I liked him a lot.

What a waste. Was in a great UFO tribute band, too.

For you Les-COYS.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,465
    If the Vaccine does what it says on the tin. Vac'ed have nothing to worry about, they will survive and the un-vac'ed will die........ their fault ... so whats the problem.
    You saying the un-vac'ed will re-infect the vac'ed ... but they have the jab and protected.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,985
    edited January 2022
    goldon said:

If the Vaccine does what it says on the tin. Vac'ed have nothing to worry about, they will survive and the un-vac'ed will die........ their fault ... so whats the problem.
    You saying the un-vac'ed will re-infect the vac'ed ... but they have the jab and protected.

Are you reading a different thread to me, @goldon ?

No-one is saying anything you refer to in that post.

1. Vaccine reduces risk. It does not remove it
    2. Being vaccinated improves your odds. But for the avoidance of doubt:-
    3. Some fully vaccinated will die
    4. A larger percentage of unvaccinated will die
    5. It remains the case that the majority of unvaccinated will suffer no ill-effects from Covid. It is only that the minority will be larger than for vaccinated
    6. I can't speak for others, but my desire is to try and convince people to be vaccinated. Because I want people to reduce their chance of dying. Like, sadly, Les Lawrenson

It is odd how some news stories totally pass me by. I had no idea about Les til just now. Spent many happy times back in the day. He was genuinely a one-off. After leaving Essex under a bit of a cloud, he started a successful practice in Ripon, before relocating to Hampshire/Dorset.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813

And there we have it.

"1. Vaccine reduces risk. It does not remove it
    5. It remains the case that the majority of unvaccinated will suffer no ill-effects from Covid. It is only that the minority will be larger than for vaccinated
    6. I can't speak for others, but my desire is to try and convince people to be vaccinated. Because I want people to reduce their chance of dying. Like, sadly, Les Lawrenson"
    not convinced disgruntled from Surbiton ........ cough!
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Essexphil said:

goldon said:

Are you reading a different thread to me, @goldon ?

No-one is saying anything you refer to in that post.

1. Vaccine reduces risk. It does not remove it
    6. I can't speak for others, but my desire is to try and convince people to be vaccinated. Because I want people to reduce their chance of dying. Like, sadly, Les Lawrenson

It is odd how some news stories totally pass me by. I had no idea about Les til just now. Spent many happy times back in the day. He was genuinely a one-off. After leaving Essex under a bit of a cloud, he started a successful practice in Ripon, before relocating to Hampshire/Dorset.
    His story did the rounds in the media over summer.
    An anti-vaxxer passing away from Covid is hardly groundbreaking stuff, but I think the couple of videos he put out, just before his death when he had Covid and was generally dismissing the virus, gave him a bit of notoriety.
    I think his partner then did a bit of a plea for people to get vaccinated and not make the mistake he made.

Sounds like he was way too far down the conspiracy theory bo11ocks rabbit hole, unfortunately.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-58080116

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-anti-vaxxer-bournemouth-lawrenson-b1898012.html

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19494927.covid-bournemouth-solicitor-paid-price-refusing-vaccine/
    My Granddaughter tells me Peppa Pig is real .. do I believe her.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    goldon said:

My Granddaughter tells me Peppa Pig is real .. do I believe her.

I feel that’s there’s a decent chance that you do believe her
    You bet she'd have me guts for garters .... no more Hugs

Because of Boris she want me to take her to Peppa Pig world ..... jezzzzzzz
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018
    Something big is brewing in London
    Listen to Fauci's views on vaccines at the start of all this.

https://gettr.com/post/pm1tymfe68
    Duo of doom Whitty and Vallance up with Boris at a 5pm press conference.
    Will one of the journalists bother to ask how the projections of 3,000 to 6,000 deaths a day in January turned out to be so dramatically wrong yet again?
    Or will they just demand new restrictions as usual?
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,827
    Anti-vaxxer, 52, begs people to 'get their jabs' after fighting for life over Christmas

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/anti-vaxxer-52-begs-people-to-get-their-jabs-after-almost-dying-over-christmas-135824327.html
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,827
    California Deputy DA Who Fought Vaccine Mandate Dies Abruptly After Falling Ill With COVID at Age 46

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/california-deputy-da-fought-vaccine-131753710.html
    VespaPX said:

Listen to Fauci's views on vaccines at the start of all this.

https://gettr.com/post/pm1tymfe68

No comments from the Fauci fanboys?