You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Never ending story

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,029
  • Options
    VespaPX said:

9 pages of adverse reactions so far........
  • Options
    Quick update from UKHSA:
    Latest report published 3/3/22.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    VespaPX said:

Quick update from UKHSA:

How are you interpreting these figures Vespa?
    What are they telling you?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,618
    edited March 2022
    VespaPX said:

For a little balance, some 327,196,195 Pfizer COVID vaccination doses have been administered in the USA ALONE, so God knows how many in total. My maths are not so good these days, but that suggests the side-effect % to be about 0.0005%. And let us not forget, many of those side effects are temporary & minor.

We could argue back & forth all day about these numbers, but I'm not sure just putting up bare numbers without any balance serves your cause at all well.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Tikay10 said:

VespaPX said:

For a little balance, some 327,196,195 Pfizer COVID vaccination have been administered. My maths are not so good these days, but that suggests the side-effect % to be about 0.0005%. And let us not forget, many of those side effects are temporary & minor.
    Which begs the question, why did Pfizer want to keep their trial data hidden for 75 years?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,028
    VespaPX said:

Tikay10 said:

VespaPX said:

For a little balance, some 327,196,195 Pfizer COVID vaccination have been administered. My maths are not so good these days, but that suggests the side-effect % to be about 0.0005%. And let us not forget, many of those side effects are temporary & minor.
    Which begs the question, why did Pfizer want to keep their trial data hidden for 75 years?
    Tricky. I'm going to go for:-

To stop loonies taking figures out of context. For example, where papers use a big headline number where 99.99% of the numbers are a sore arm or a day's stomach upset, and then list loads of scary stuff that happened to 1 person.

Because you will see the exact same risks on pretty much every medication in the world. Try reading the info on any medicine you have.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Tikay10 said:

VespaPX said:

For a little balance, some 327,196,195 Pfizer COVID vaccination doses have been administered in the USA ALONE, so God knows how many in total. My maths are not so good these days, but that suggests the side-effect % to be about 0.0005%. And let us not forget, many of those side effects are temporary & minor.

We could argue back & forth all day about these numbers, but I'm not sure just putting up bare numbers without any balance serves your cause at all well.
    Not to get too involved in the whole 'vaccine side affects' debate, but just need to pull you up on something. The 1st figure you quoted (total doses in the USA) may well be factually correct. However, that info coming out of the pfizer docs is ONLY up to the end of FEB 21 (I am led to believe). There is a lot lot more info/numbers to be released over the coming months. If you get 20 mins, watch Dr Campbell's latest video on it. He explains it a lot clearer than me. It is (IMHO) a bit of an eye opener to say the least.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    MAXALLY said:

Tikay10 said:

VespaPX said:

Not to get too involved in the whole 'vaccine side affects' debate, but just need to pull you up on something. The 1st figure you quoted (total doses in the USA) may well be factually correct. However, that info coming out of the pfizer docs is ONLY up to the end of FEB 21 (I am led to believe). There is a lot lot more info/numbers to be released over the coming months. If you get 20 mins, watch Dr Campbell's latest video on it. He explains it a lot clearer than me. It is (IMHO) a bit of an eye opener to say the least.
    @MAXALLY

OK, when time permits I'll take a look.

The problem is my position on vaccines generally suffers from confirmation bias (bit like TheWaddy thread) & I'm of the firm view that the 3 jabs I've had so far have helped me stay healthy, & stopped me infecting those who I meet. We are a long long way into the COVID vaccine debate & by now most of us have fixed positions. That of course applies to BOTH sides of the debate. But I DO think it's important we all try to present balanced information, & not cherry-pick scare headlines that suit our agenda. Nobody, ever, anywhere won a debate that way.

Maybe worth noting too that I've so far avoided COVID, & in two days time I celebrate 5 years since I had a heart attack, so every day is gravy for me, & I do tend to look at life via a positive prism.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Tikay10 said:

MAXALLY said:

Tikay10 said:

VespaPX said:

@MAXALLY

The problem is my position on vaccines generally suffers from confirmation bias (bit like TheWaddy thread) & I'm of the firm view that the 3 jabs I've had so far have helped me stay healthy, & stopped me infecting those who I meet. We are a long long way into the COVID vaccine debate & by now most of us have fixed positions. That of course applies to BOTH sides of the debate. But I DO think it's important we all try to present balanced information, & not cherry-pick scare headlines that suit our agenda. Nobody, ever, anywhere won a debate that way.

Maybe worth noting too that I've so far avoided COVID, & in two days time I celebrate 5 years since I had a heart attack, so every day is gravy for me, & I do tend to look at life via a positive prism.
    For clarification, I too have had all my 3 jabs (plus the flu one). Plus also I have been fortunate enough not to of been tested positive for covid. My asthma condition has been under control throughout too.

I just think that these subjects do need looking into further than the MSM. Again, the 'invasion/war' is at the forefront of all the news and some outlets are not even reporting on the biggest thing which has affected us all in the last two years.

Anyway, we best both get off this thread while we can. Happy 5th anniversary of your no smoking day BTW ;)
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

Tikay10 said:

MAXALLY said:

Tikay10 said:

VespaPX said:

@MAXALLY

For clarification, I too have had all my 3 jabs (plus the flu one). Plus also I have been fortunate enough not to of been tested positive for covid. My asthma condition has been under control throughout too.

I just think that these subjects do need looking into further than the MSM. Again, the 'invasion/war' is at the forefront of all the news and some outlets are not even reporting on the biggest thing which has affected us all in the last two years.

Anyway, we best both get off this thread while we can. Happy 5th anniversary of your no smoking day BTW ;)

@MAXALLY

Thank you.

I must add that I have largely ignored MSM in arriving at my opinions. Instead I've mostly followed the COVID thread on blonde, which (imo) is superb, with proper balanced debate. One of the main contributors is Doobs, who is an actuary by profession, so mortality rates is his day job. Very very bright fella too.

I would LOVE this Forum to have a COVID thread even one tenth as good or balanced as that. So far though, that looks unlikely, as it's all agenda driven.

But yes, I agree, we'd probably both be best staying off the thread, as there can be no "winners" whilst it's so unbalanced. There is nothing better in life than a good well-reasoned debate, & it's a huge shame we can't manage that.
  • Options
    It would be nice if the professional people, like Dr Robert Malone, were given the opportunity to debate his misgivings rather than being banned and censored.

If that sort of debate was allowed then maybe it would clarify each side of the story once and for all.

Whilst there is censorship then there will always be suspicion.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

VespaPX said:

Quick update from UKHSA:

How are you interpreting these figures Vespa?
    What are they telling you?
    @VespaPX
  • Options