You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Never ending story

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    Or have you nothing to complain about.!
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,099
    Essexphil said:

goldon said:

Do you think something is true if one person tell's you it is, or if one hundred do.

Could it be possible one hundred are wrong and one right. ?

Of course it is possible. It happens. Just not very often. Because roughly 99% of the time it is the 99% that are right.

I disagree with most things @VespaPX says. Not all, but most. That said, I admire his tenacity. His steadfast refusal to look at the evidence when it is weighted against him. His willingness to read only the people who believe in the things he wants to believe in. It might be a bit strange. But I actually enjoy reading many of his posts. And there is always that 1% chance.

Me? I like to read stuff from people whose point of view is very different from mine. I have always found that you learn a lot more from people you disagree with, than from people of the same mind as you.

You? I don't disagree with most of what you say. Simply because I do not understand it. Your mind is wired very differently from mine. Not better. Not worse. Just differently.

Let me give 1 example. I believe you refer to me as Swampy. And @Haysie as Toot Toot. I genuinely have no idea why. I presume it is meant as some form of insult. But I have no idea why. So it does not cause offence.

Finally, in relation to "bovver boy" music. These days, I am a slaphead. But, in my youth, I was a skinhead for some years. I expect my musical taste is not so far from Vespa's. Although I much prefer Northern Soul or Ska to other types of Mod music.
    I thought Swampy was Haysie and Toot Toot was Vespa but I may be wrong ?
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,461
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

goldon said:

Do you think something is true if one person tell's you it is, or if one hundred do.

Of course it is possible. It happens. Just not very often. Because roughly 99% of the time it is the 99% that are right.

I disagree with most things @VespaPX says. Not all, but most. That said, I admire his tenacity. His steadfast refusal to look at the evidence when it is weighted against him. His willingness to read only the people who believe in the things he wants to believe in. It might be a bit strange. But I actually enjoy reading many of his posts. And there is always that 1% chance.

Me? I like to read stuff from people whose point of view is very different from mine. I have always found that you learn a lot more from people you disagree with, than from people of the same mind as you.

You? I don't disagree with most of what you say. Simply because I do not understand it. Your mind is wired very differently from mine. Not better. Not worse. Just differently.

Let me give 1 example. I believe you refer to me as Swampy. And @Haysie as Toot Toot. I genuinely have no idea why. I presume it is meant as some form of insult. But I have no idea why. So it does not cause offence.

Finally, in relation to "bovver boy" music. These days, I am a slaphead. But, in my youth, I was a skinhead for some years. I expect my musical taste is not so far from Vespa's. Although I much prefer Northern Soul or Ska to other types of Mod music.
    No point in asking me, I never read this thread or the other conspiracy stuff.
  • Options
    Mis- Direction solicitors ploy to impress themselves. sob!
  • Options
    only a bit of fun Guess who " Idiot " is......
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    This is inexplicable.....

I mean, i could never understand why they stopped calling up people for the army when the war stopped either......

Why was it only important during the war? :#
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    You are kind of arguing against your earlier posts now.

You have always suggested lockdowns, vaccines, covid passes, health workers being asked to vaccinate, was always something other then trying to protect people and an attempt to combat the virus.

Now your suggesting its weird that covid passes are not required, health workers dont need vaccines, etc now that it is no longer classed as a world pandemic.

What part of all this is not fitting in with there being a health threat and the appropriate action... and it being downgraded as a health threat and again, the appropriate action?

• Options
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

goldon said:

Mm! I thought Haysie was "The Paper Boy" and Essexphil was " The Bald Legal Eagle"
  • Options
    War's are created by humans is that not the point.
  • Options
    There's a Porkie Pie in here somewhere......
  • Options
    goldon said:

There's a Porkie Pie in here somewhere......

Afraid not.
    The only reason for my visit were the notifications that I had been mentioned in 2 posts.
    I have no plans to return.
  • Options
    You had to read the post to reply ..... need bald eagle verdict. ????
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    Nope

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,086
    goldon said:

You had to read the post to reply ..... need bald eagle verdict. ????

I was never a legal eagle. More of a legal Rottweiler.

Short answer-@Haysie is correct

I do read your thread. Occasionally it makes me laugh out loud. And, sometimes, in a good way :)
  • Options
    Short answer-@Haysie is correct.

Bit me on the Azz u dog .... like the long answer that say's he reads every word Hero worships Toot Toot number one fanboy. hic!
  • Options
    There you go Toot Toot just mention @Haysie very time in your posts and he comes to read your "Thread "
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,086
    edited November 2022
    goldon said:

Bit me on the Azz u dog .... like the long answer that say's he reads every word Hero worships Toot Toot number one fanboy. hic!

Bet you never thought you would see @Haysie and "short answer" in the same post :)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

goldon said:

Bet you never thought you would see @Haysie and "short answer" in the same post :)
    Fair comment.
  • Options
    goldon said:

There you go Toot Toot just mention @Haysie very time in your posts and he comes to read your "Thread "

Not any more.