You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Monday's Forum Triple Takedown Competition

bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
edited August 2022 in Competition Corner

What's this then?

This is a long-standing competition which takes place every Monday, awarding prizes to the top finishers both on the night and across the month as a whole.

How do I enter?

There is no registration required, everyone who plays all 3 of the listed tournaments on the night is eligible for the weekly prizes. Do this 3 times within a calendar month, and you're also eligible for the monthly prizes.

The games are cheap, rake-free, and have a deep structure:

19.15 Forum Triple Takedown 1 is 5000 chip starting stack,12 min clock, buy-in £2-00
19.45 Forum Triple Takedown 2 is a 4000 chip starting stack,12 min clock, buy-in £2-00
20.15 Forum Triple Takedown 3 is a 3000 chip starting stack, 12 min clock, Bounty Hunter buy-in £2-00

How does the scoring work?

Your 2 best finishing positions are added together to determine your score on the night: if you placed 3rd in FTT1, 15th in FTT2, and 9th in FTT3, your score would be 3+9=12. The lower your score the better.

In the event of a tie, the player with the best finishing position in their set will place higher. If still equal, the third tournament score is used. In the unlikely event of all 3 scores matching, then we'll go to the number of entrants in the tournaments that accompany the scores, larger being better.

After the final Monday in the calendar month, a player's 3 best weekly scores are averaged to create the monthly score. Monthly ties will be separated similar to the above.

What can I win?

Weekly prizes:
1st - main event entry (£33 or £22)
2nd - mini major entry (£11)
3rd - a week's entry into all of the FTT games (£5)

Monthly prizes:
1st - any combination of MTTs (£5.50+) up to total value of £22
2nd - any combination of MTTs (£5.50+) up to total value of £11
3rd - a £5.50 MTT entry or a week's entry into all of the FTT games

How do I claim my prize?

In a change to how we've done things in the past, @Tikay10 will be helping by administering any prizes won. Results will be confirmed in this thread the day after the competition, and players must arrange with Tikay the games they will be entered for. Given this is a manual process, please give a day's notice where you can.

What else do I need to know?

I think that's it, but if anyone has any questions feel free to shout.

Thanks, good luck, and have fun.

Mike

Comments

• bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    @Tikay10 would you mind pinning this thread to keep it visible, we'll retire the old one which since moving across is no longer pinned. Thanks.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,029

@bbMike

I've pinned it, & moved it to Competition Corner too. (All Forum Comps will transfer to Competition Corner shortly).
    that's great, thanks
  • j3onoj3ono Member Posts: 2,072
    Cheers @bbMike and @Tikay10 for taking over the comp.
    All the best and rungolden :smiley:
    Jon
    edited January 2022

Here's Monday's (3th Jan) results:

...and they're off!

Rumour has it that one of our entrants was celebrating a special birthday, and spent the evening kicking back (and crushing) the FTT competition - well done Peter @EBBERDON. @Tikay10 will arrange your present with you :smiley:

A very close battle for second which went down to the competitor's third score. @ray01 edges it with @BEACHBABY first to exit in FTT2.

Here's the final table with everyone who played all 3 tournaments this week:

and so congratulations go to:

1st @EBBERDON wins a main event entry (£33 or £22) of their choice
    2nd @ray01 wins entry to the Sunday mini-major (£11)
    3rd @BEACHBABY who wins entry to the FTT competition next week (£5)

Thanks to everyone who played, see you next week.
    edited January 2022
    Thanks @bbMike.

Just a reminder that the way the prizes are awarded has now changed.

@EBBERDON (1st) just needs to let me know, on this thread, which Main Event he wishes to play, & I'll get him registered. At least 24 hours notice preferred please.

@ray01 (2nd) will be automatically entered into this Sunday's Mini Major. (9th January).

@BEACHBABY (3rd) will be automatically entered into next week's (10th January) FTT.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,522
    Well done @EBBERDON . A nice 95th birthday present for you B)
  • ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    Tikay10 said:

Thanks @bbMike.

Just a reminder that the way the prizes are awarded has now changed.

@EBBERDON (1st) just needs to let me know, on this thread, which Main Event he wishes to play, & I'll get him registered. At least 24 hours notice preferred please.

@ray01 (2nd) will be automatically entered into this Sunday's Mini Major. (9th January).

@BEACHBABY (3rd) will be automatically entered into next week's (10th January) FTT.

Thanks @Tikay10
  • EBBERDONEBBERDON Member Posts: 277
    HI Tikay10 can i use my 33.00 token Thursday 6th of January or Saturday 8th of January
    8.0clock main event please thanks peter aka EBBERDON
    EBBERDON said:

HI Tikay10 can i use my 33.00 token Thursday 6th of January or Saturday 8th of January
    8.0clock main event please thanks peter aka EBBERDON

@EBBERDON

Hi Peter

That's no problem - you are now registered for tonight, Thursday 6th January.

@ray01

Morning.

Quick reminder that you won free entry into tonight's Mini Major, & you are now registered.

Good luck, & let us know how you get on.
    thank you @Tikay10 i 'll let you know. i usually come 2nd every 6 years as you let me know last year lol .
    Tikay10 said:

@ray01

Morning.

Quick reminder that you won free entry into tonight's Mini Major, & you are now registered.

Good luck, & let us know how you get on.

@tikay10 no cigar 43/212 nearly cashed :'(

@ray01

Unlucky bud, 35 paid so you were almost there.

@BEACHBABY

Morning,

Quick note to confirm you finished 3rd last week & you have now been entered into tonight's (10th January) three FTT events as your prize.

Try & go 1 or even 2 spots better this week, right?

FIO @bbMike

Here's Monday's (10th Jan) results:

1st @Gardner16 wins a main event entry (£33 or £22) of their choice
    2nd @Card4Life wins entry to the Sunday mini-major (£11)
    3rd @hhammerhea wins entry to the FTT competition next week (£5)

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone who played, see you next week.

Thanks @bbMike

@gardner16 just needs to let me know what & when he wishes to use his £33 Free Entry for.

@Card4Life will be entered into Sunday's Mini Major.

@hhammerhea will be entered into next Monday's FTT.

• Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    The prizes are weekly now? Get me opted in please :)
    The prizes were always weekly, no opt-in required. All info on the first post in this thread. Enjoy.

The prizes are weekly now? Get me opted in please :)

@Summers119

@bbmike will know better than me, but I'm pretty sure they have always been weekly as well as monthly. Given that these three MTT's are rake free, it's a stonking deal.