You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

abuse at the tables!

blade900blade900 Member Posts: 83
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
we have all experienced this,is it right to fight back?and is anything in place to penalise muppets who sit down at a table to talk sh*t and hardly play at all?

Comments

• Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited March 2010
    just report it. I usually try defuse the situation as 90% of the time it washes over my back so as a result i never worry about what people say.
  • Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited March 2010
    Ignore most of it and even join in in a friendly banter way, usually ends up they calm down and you end up having a laugh.
    I hate reporting people but have done it once in the past with a player that was vile, twisted and seemed to like my mother

(it wasn't mickjenn btw)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables!:
    just report it. I usually try defuse the situation as 90% of the time it washes over my back so as a result i never worry about what people say.
    Posted by The_Don90
    we all love banter yes but some peole are way beyond that.i dont get annoyed if the abuser is not within choking distance,but have seen others getting railed badly,and it does seem to affect thier play.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ignore most of it and even join in in a friendly banter way, usually ends up they calm down and you end up having a laugh. I hate reporting people but have done it once in the past with a player that was vile, twisted and seemed to like my mother (it wasn't mickjenn btw)
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    lol dont like to report either havent done it yet!but have felt like it!
  • Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited March 2010
    Keep em being abusive I say, dont let it affect you, take their chips and report em.

There is a guy atm who it seems is chat banned and it has proper tilted him, he always hands me his stack.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Keep em being abusive I say, dont let it affect you, take their chips and report em. There is a guy atm who it seems is chat banned and it has proper tilted him, he always hands me his stack.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    so some form of chat banning is in place at least thats good!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables! : so some form of chat banning is in place at least thats good!
    Posted by blade900
    I think there must be.  He has gone from telling people what they like to do with kids to not saying a word :D
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables! : lol dont like to report either havent done it yet!but have felt like it!
    Posted by blade900
    You must report it to Customer Care (Info at bottom of page), there is no place on Sky Poker for them.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables! : You must report it to Customer Care (Info at bottom of page), there is no place on Sky Poker for them.
    Posted by acebarry10
    ok so now i know where to go to report cheers acebarry10!  its just the sick and disgusting stuff annoys me and it is generally directed at someone else,but it irritates me to see a player picked,on then busted out quickly!it aint cricket my friends!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I always live chat on here, nice and quick :D
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables! : so some form of chat banning is in place at least thats good!
    Posted by blade900
    If you move your cursor over a player's avatar at the table it will say if he is chat banned.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    cheers seagull i never knew that :D
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited March 2010
    just be patronising type in lol it **** them off more and they make mistakes so you can take all there chips :) rise above it and out play them they soon shut up when you knock them out :)
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables! : If you move your cursor over a player's avatar at the table it will say if he is chat banned.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Not always as it's just reported whatever is in the 'Address' portion of your account, so if you've entered "London" it'll say that, but if you've changed it to "Chat Banned" it'll say that. During TKO I changed mine to "Team Orford" and "Team Lisa-Marie" - you can basically enter anything but make sure you change it back to your proper address before making a deposit or withdrawal!

• Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited March 2010
    Well some people are a little quick off the mark when a bad beat happens, and YES I have reported someone in the past, and if they continue to be abusive this is the recommended path, however, I have had this happen a few times since and a lot of the time if you take it quite light heartedly, I have ended up having a great conversation with the original poster of the abuse.

I am not condoning it, however, sometimes it's just a heat of the moment thing and nothing more, but continuous abuse must be reported.
  • Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited March 2010
    I have reported before and in some circumstances, it is the ONLY course of action to take. A laugh and a bit of banter is fine, even been called a C*@% before and its water off a ducks back tbh. However when someone suggested I was making love to my kids then it was a no brainer.....Report...Chat-Ban.

At the end of the day, anyone can be a bare-knuckle keyboard hard-man....just try and imagine which people can talk the talk AND walk the walk. You would probably laugh.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited March 2010
    I must be weird .....I like the abusive ones. It gives me an edge over them :o)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I must be weird .....I like the abusive ones. It gives me an edge over them :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    see you point elsa,
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables! : Not always as it's just reported whatever is in the 'Address' portion of your account, so if you've entered "London" it'll say that, but if you've changed it to "Chat Banned" it'll say that. During TKO I changed mine to "Team Orford" and "Team Lisa-Marie" - you can basically enter anything but make sure you change it back to your proper address before making a deposit or withdrawal!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Is that right? I thought it was placed there by Sky when a chat ban was inposed.
  • Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited March 2010
    mmm talk the talk    ;0)