You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

abuse at the tables!

2»

Comments

• Options
    blade900blade900 Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables!:
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables! : Not always as it's just reported whatever is in the 'Address' portion of your account, so if you've entered "London" it'll say that, but if you've changed it to "Chat Banned" it'll say that. During TKO I changed mine to "Team Orford" and "Team Lisa-Marie" - you can basically enter anything but make sure you change it back to your proper address before making a deposit or withdrawal!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    hmmmmmm interesting!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    mmm talk the talk    ;0)
    Posted by emilyegg
    lol money talks bull$h*t walks lol
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited March 2010
    TBH, most of the abuse that goes on at the tables really doesn't bother me. In fact, I actually find most of it really quite funny when someone goes off on one.  I've no problems with a bit of swearing personally (although I accept some people don't like it) but I do believe that there's a line that really shouldn't be crossed.

I've reported someone once because I felt they crossed that line even though none of it was aimed at me personally & I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Call me a c*** or whatever if it makes you feel better or if you want to blow off steam, I'm a big boy & I can deal with it, but just don't cross the line that's been suggested here.

Also, fwiw, some time ago someone suggested a kind of "report abuse" button to be added to the tables (apologies to whoever it was cos I can't remember!). I think this is a great idea as a lot of people really can't be bothered to go through the process of contacting the customer care team.
  • Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited March 2010
    I must be weird .....I like the abusive ones. It gives me an edge over them :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    Yep your weird ;-)
  • Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited March 2010
    TBH, most of the abuse that goes on at the tables really doesn't bother me. In fact, I actually find most of it really quite funny when someone goes off on one.  I've no problems with a bit of swearing personally (although I accept some people don't like it) but I do believe that there's a line that really shouldn't be crossed. I've reported someone once because I felt they crossed that line even though none of it was aimed at me personally & I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Call me a c*** or whatever if it makes you feel better or if you want to blow off steam, I'm a big boy & I can deal with it, but just don't cross the line that's been suggested here. Also, fwiw, some time ago someone suggested a kind of "report abuse" button to be added to the tables (apologies to whoever it was cos I can't remember!). I think this is a great idea as a lot of people really can't be bothered to go through the process of contacting the customer care team.
    Posted by silentbob
    Pretty much what I said too Jay. I think most people would be of the same thinking.

A "Report Abuse" button would NEVER work sadly. The hard of thinking would use it for bad beats, which they may consider as abuse....;0)
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables! : Yep your weird ;-)
    Posted by tallboy

It wasn't compulsory to agree :o)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TBH, most of the abuse that goes on at the tables really doesn't bother me. In fact, I actually find most of it really quite funny when someone goes off on one.  I've no problems with a bit of swearing personally (although I accept some people don't like it) but I do believe that there's a line that really shouldn't be crossed. I've reported someone once because I felt they crossed that line even though none of it was aimed at me personally & I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Call me a c*** or whatever if it makes you feel better or if you want to blow off steam, I'm a big boy & I can deal with it, but just don't cross the line that's been suggested here. Also, fwiw, some time ago someone suggested a kind of "report abuse" button to be added to the tables (apologies to whoever it was cos I can't remember!). I think this is a great idea as a lot of people really can't be bothered to go through the process of contacting the customer care team.
    Posted by silentbob
    nice idea bob would make life easier,but the over sensitive would be reporting like mad and there might be problems with hasty reporting,or just reports made out of pure spite with little substance.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables! : Is that right? I thought it was placed there by Sky when a chat ban was inposed.
    Posted by Seagull158
    I'm chat banned currently, and have put it as my location so people know I'm not ignoring them. Defo isn't mandatory.
  • Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: abuse at the tables! : lol money talks bull$h*t walks lol
    Posted by blade900
    lol it certainly does!!!!
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited March 2010
    a lot of players thoroughly deserve some mild abuse, and it would be unfair not to give it to them, if someone insults your intelligence, why not do the same to them?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    a lot of players thoroughly deserve some mild abuse, and it would be unfair not to give it to them, if someone insults your intelligence, why not do the same to them?
    Posted by oynutter
    agreed but im sure ya  wouldnt be goin down the road of calling people kiddy fiddlers and the like,its the grim stuff like this i hate,always the same ****$ at it too!