You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

When the fun stops

13»

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    TheWaddy said:

Your a bunch of losing players, given up for 3 years players, rarely play players, on here to discuss other sports players.... i think this is the big underlying problem we have here.

Discuss something you qualified to discuss.... like Gorillas....

You play £1 SNG so are you qualified to discuss poker?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,159
    Gorillas live in mainly jungle habitat in places like Uganda.
    Gorillas live in family units.
    Gorillas are for the most part social animals.
    Gorillas have very good cognitive skills and develop similarly to human children.

Gorillas can be taught to play poker

It is rumored that they have developed the ability to type.

Unfortunately they type boll0x and shyte.

An African word for Gorilla is Waddy.

Jesus still loves you.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited March 2022
    MattBates said:

TheWaddy said:

Your a bunch of losing players, given up for 3 years players, rarely play players, on here to discuss other sports players.... i think this is the big underlying problem we have here.

You play £1 SNG so are you qualified to discuss poker?
    A consistent winning player for 20yrs, backed financially.... this is a 'dont play much anymore, reload club'.

If you think what you see online is random, you dont know your poker, simple as, it really cant be any more obvious.
  • Options

Gorillas live in mainly jungle habitat in places like Uganda.
    Gorillas live in family units.
    Gorillas are for the most part social animals.
    Gorillas have very good cognitive skills and develop similarly to human children.

Gorillas can be taught to play poker

It is rumored that they have developed the ability to type.

Unfortunately they type boll0x and shyte.

An African word for Gorilla is Waddy.

Jesus still loves you.

Except its an orangatan.

If you think Jesus loves you for acting in this manner towards his fellow brother, you are sadly mistaken.

You seem to get everything wrong, faith, online poker randomness and your animal species...
  • Options
    I said Jesus still loves You.

I never claimed He loved me. If you feel qualified to point out how I am wrong in my faith, feel free to re educate me. Please.

It would after all be very interesting to actually understand where you're coming from. However be aware that if you seriously want to get inside my head you may not like what you find in there.

My Own Church sometimes gets a little shocked about things I say, but it's about integrity, if they say we should be getting outside our comfort zone and into where its edgy and dangerous that's great.

However, it is sometimes apparent that my edgy and dangerous is far over the line, that's as may be but I'm not sanitising stuff just to appease the delicate sensitivities of others. That is hypocrisy not integrity.

Now as Rory Breaker says "You may enlighten me"
  • Options
    Enut said:

Jac35 said:

I was interested to read that for Tikay the poker bug is omnipresent. Is this the same for most regular players on here?

For me it’s totally gone.
    My poker journey started around 20 years ago.
    Live poker was where i began and that still holds an interest for me.

Maybe it’s a combination of things that have led me to where i am now. Coronavirus obviously stopped live poker for a period of time. My last live experience was SPT Nottingham in the Autumn before lockdown.
    I think maybe age makes us a little more responsible as well.
    Going way back to the beginning my buy ins were far far higher than they are today.
    I’d play 5 nights a week at Gala Nottingham. Monday was £20 pot limit rebuy. Tuesday was student night and a £10 buy in with 3 rebuys maximum. Wednesday a £30 freeze. Thursday a £50 2 rebuy max buy in and Friday another £20 pot limit unlimited rebuy.
    It used to add up to a fair amount but i didn’t care
    Maybe it’s like the golfer who gets the yips as he gets older. I’m thinking about the cost and probably talking decisions accordingly when i’m playing which is obviously never going to end well

There’s also the fact that i’m not as good as i was. Never a star but i used to do ok. Now i still make a little bit but not enough to make it worth it

I got into dyms and in the days of 30% rakeback regardless of amount played plus raketherake bonuses i’d be able to make reasonable side income

I also have more responsibility and don’t feel i can spare the time so much. Certainly not to study.

I never ever thought that i’d fall out of love with poker. I assumed that i’d play forever. I still will play but the urge doesn’t hit me very often

Can you see it changing for yourselves or will poker always be a big part of your lives?

As an attempt to get the thread back on track I am very similar to you mate, although never been quite as successful, I'm sure.

I've probably played online for 15 years, the last 10 or so on Sky. Previously had a rakeback deal of 50-55% on other sites and basically decided to play on Sky for the community side of things. Hardly ever played live although did go to Vegas with Sky a while ago. I've never really enjoy playing live, for various reasons, including the fact that I've never won a single all in pre hand when playing live! (Live poker rigged obv).

My poker experience isn't helped by having a partner who hates it. She was convinced when I started that I was going to lose the house and still thinks it's all gambling, despite the fact that I have made a steady, if unspectacular, profit over the years. I now play on a laptop in front of the TV with her so I 'can watch TV as well', it's not the most conducive environment for playing good poker!

I only play 3 or 4 times a week maximum, from about 7pm for 3 or 4 hours max, any more than that and I get ear ache, if you know what I mean!

I also think that as you get older, and hopefully more financially secure, the financial bonus you can get from playing poker on a part-time basis becomes less important. and less of a draw, I still enjoy the odd win but it's certainly never going to be life changing.

I have a degree of admiration for those who play poker professionally, but by God what a boring way to earn a living, especially online.

Like you I think I'll probably keep playing poker, but certainly I can take it or leave it and have had the odd periods of weeks, even months when I've not played at all. The streams put out by some of the Sky lads have been really enjoyable, informative and entertaining and probably helped to rekindle my interest in the game. I am in the Discord group too but rarely visit, mainly due to the fact that once there I could see me spending a lot of time there and using it as an excuse for not working! Other than watching the streamers and the odd YouTube video I've never really studied the game, as is probably quite obvious!

I've also fallen out of love with one of my other passions, fishing. I used to go once a week all year round with my old mate, only for a day at a time, but it was great to be out in the fresh air and we had a great laugh. If you've ever watched Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing, that was very much us, always taking the **** out of each other but really enjoying each others company. Sadly he passed away 3 years ago and I think I've been fishing only a handful of times since. I still pay £400 a year for my fishing tickets but every time I think about going something crops up, mainly work. But if I really wanted to go I would go, like poker, if you really want to play you play.

Hopefully, when I retire, I will get back into fishing and maybe play more poker but that's still a few years away.

Hi @Enut,

Really enjoyed reading that and it got me thinking about other things. I used to travel very frequently to watch Castleford Tigers home and away and often with either my Son and / or my Dad, and the experience was very similar. Plenty of banter, **** taking and just sharing a real passion with people close to me, plus the odd beer here and there.

Now my father passed in 2016 and my Son is married with his own young family and whilst I have occasionally donned the amber and black shirt and ventured out, it's just not the same. Yes I can still enjoy the game, but it was about the whole day and since that's no longer the same I go less and less. In fact I haven't been at all yet this season and we're 6 weeks in.

I guess what I'm really saying, and not doing to well at it is this. I have become aware that the rugby was the excuse for the day out and that it was the shared enjoyment and fun, even when we lost that was the main reason to go. Perhaps for you and your friend the fishing was the reason but it was the company and the occasion that was the driving force behind it.

I hope you discover your passion for fishing again.

For me though I feel that I may not make any great effort to go to the rugby anymore. I've actually got in my car and got as far as Derby, thought "It just isn't the same" and turned around and gone home.

I might take up golf, AGAIN
  • Options
    edited March 2022

It would after all be very interesting to actually understand where you're coming from. However be aware that if you seriously want to get inside my head you may not like what you find in there.

As i said previously, people tend 'to find god' as a distraction for problems in their life. You claim to be against the norm and believe in freedom of speech... yet continually pick up on any post i write and attempt to belittle me. It doesnt ring true.

Would a true christian gang up on a guy just because his humble opinion is a poker deck is not totally random? Isnt this similar to what your Jesus endured?

I think anyone can see that , regardless of what my opinion is on online poker.

But it is an Orangatan so.......

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited March 2022
    TheWaddy said:

As i said previously, people tend 'to find god' as a distraction for problems in their life. You claim to be against the norm and believe in freedom of speech... yet continually pick up on any post i write and attempt to belittle me. It doesnt ring true.

Would a true christian gang up on a guy just because his humble opinion is a poker deck is not totally random? Isnt this similar to what your Jesus endured?

Nonsensical and off-topic for the thread!
  • Options
    Sorry Cammy and others. I know I shouldn't let this person wind me up but as his last post shows he thinks everybody is against him and boo hoo.

It's not his assumption that I'm a bad person, Christian, card player, animal recogniser etc, It's the fact that most of his assumptions come, with the exception of animal recognition, from a position of ignorance and when asked to explain why he believes what he does neither explains himself or enters into debate.

Won't happen again.

• Options
    Cammykaze said:

TheWaddy said:

Nonsensical and off-topic for the thread!
    Love the fact you put this on my quote... did i bring fake beliefs into this, or your friend there?

Jesus!

No offence..... The clique post of all posts.....
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited March 2022

Sorry Cammy and others. I know I shouldn't let this person wind me up but as his last post shows he thinks everybody is against him and boo hoo.

It's not his assumption that I'm a bad person, Christian, card player, animal recogniser etc, It's the fact that most of his assumptions come, with the exception of animal recognition, from a position of ignorance and when asked to explain why he believes what he does neither explains himself or enters into debate.

Won't happen again.

To be clear, that was not aimed at yourself and understand why it would seem that way, my bad. The thread jumper and subject changer is back in yet another thread talking rubbish again.

I find it hard to back down with certain types myself and washed by hands of it (TheWaddy) in the other thread. I have in this one now :grin:
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    TheWaddy said:

yawn
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

Won't happen again.

To be clear, that was not aimed at yourself and understand why it would seem that way, my bad. The thread jumper and subject changer is back in yet another thread talking rubbish again.

I find it hard to back down with certain types myself and washed by hands of it (TheWaddy) in the other thread. I have in this one now :grin:
    It wasnt aimed at him, lol, f me the clique of all cliques! The guy did bullet points on the freaking bible in one poker thread!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    And as for 'jumping on peoples threads', in the other one i gave a clear and concise answer to a guy who had specifically written the original post claiming the rng was rigged.

It was the ageing tea club who actually 'jumped on the thread' steering it from the clear reply to insults and bible anecdotes!!!!!

Anyone can read back, yet you guys stick together and all say you are right! Read back, its still there you know...... I only tried to help the guy cos the crazy club was giving him a hard time, yet stuck to the subject and didnt mention anyone, despite him having abuse before i even posted!

• Options
    edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,899
    I still get the urge to play if I've got a free evening. I will sit down anticipating playing for 4/5 hours, but quite often now I get an hour in, and I start thinking about winding down my tables.

It was only a few years ago I was doing regular 12+ hour sessions. Maybe I'm still a bit jaded from them, but it's more likely just an age thing.

I can't see myself stopping, but definitely playing less.
    Jac35 said:

I was interested to read that for Tikay the poker bug is omnipresent. Is this the same for most regular players on here?

For me it’s totally gone.
    My poker journey started around 20 years ago.
    Live poker was where i began and that still holds an interest for me.

Maybe it’s a combination of things that have led me to where i am now. Coronavirus obviously stopped live poker for a period of time. My last live experience was SPT Nottingham in the Autumn before lockdown.
    I think maybe age makes us a little more responsible as well.
    Going way back to the beginning my buy ins were far far higher than they are today.
    I’d play 5 nights a week at Gala Nottingham. Monday was £20 pot limit rebuy. Tuesday was student night and a £10 buy in with 3 rebuys maximum. Wednesday a £30 freeze. Thursday a £50 2 rebuy max buy in and Friday another £20 pot limit unlimited rebuy.
    It used to add up to a fair amount but i didn’t care
    Maybe it’s like the golfer who gets the yips as he gets older. I’m thinking about the cost and probably talking decisions accordingly when i’m playing which is obviously never going to end well

There’s also the fact that i’m not as good as i was. Never a star but i used to do ok. Now i still make a little bit but not enough to make it worth it

I got into dyms and in the days of 30% rakeback regardless of amount played plus raketherake bonuses i’d be able to make reasonable side income

I also have more responsibility and don’t feel i can spare the time so much. Certainly not to study.

I never ever thought that i’d fall out of love with poker. I assumed that i’d play forever. I still will play but the urge doesn’t hit me very often

Can you see it changing for yourselves or will poker always be a big part of your lives?