You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Cash Out Bets.

2»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,115
    It won.
    lucy4 said:

Just watched the race well done @HAYSIE hope you didn't take our advice and cash out.

Thanks, I didnt.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013

Wow that's a tempter. I look at this from 2 perspectives.

What I'm being offered against what I can win.

So currently the cash out is a £521 profit on our original £100 which is better than a 500% ROI.

What the last leg of the bet is giving you therefore is a £1384 return on a £521 bet which equates to a 265% ROI. Not shabby by any means but does this change our thinking.

Now you can argue that you're actually looking at an almost 1300% ROI with the whole bet which if there were no cash out would be true, but the fact that we have a defined exit point changes that.

Its a bit like deal or no deal, lets assume there are only two boxes left £100k and the £250k and the banker has to make you an offer. Most people would say well if he offers me £125K I'll take it because it's 50% of the big total. WRONG thinking. You already have £100k guaranteed so you would need an offer of that plus 50% of the difference to be +EV. So £100k + £75K =£175k should be your dealing point.

In fact if your odds of 10/11 are close then letting the bet run is perhaps the best policy after all you're getting better than 5/2 on the £521which is certainly value and punters not taking or missing value is a sin.

However, let's return to the cash out for a moment and that 500+% ROI and for me that's probably enough to persuade me to take it. After all I'm quite prepared when trading to take 40% profit and close the position.

Although I do feel here that the bookie has offered too much £350 ish and I'm probably letting it run, but here I'm cashing out.

One golden rule, whatever you decide, don't regret it after. If you decide to close out or let it run then that's the correct decision, be happy with yourself for making it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Completely agree with the Deal or No Deal analogy. Used to watch that, and it infuriated me how people could not see odds correctly.

That wasn't the reason i stopped watching. It took an hour, when all it really did was give the contestant the choice of his box, or 1 other of his choosing.

All wrapper, no sweetie :)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Wow that's a tempter. I look at this from 2 perspectives.

What I'm being offered against what I can win.

So currently the cash out is a £521 profit on our original £100 which is better than a 500% ROI.

What the last leg of the bet is giving you therefore is a £1384 return on a £521 bet which equates to a 265% ROI. Not shabby by any means but does this change our thinking.

Now you can argue that you're actually looking at an almost 1300% ROI with the whole bet which if there were no cash out would be true, but the fact that we have a defined exit point changes that.

Its a bit like deal or no deal, lets assume there are only two boxes left £100k and the £250k and the banker has to make you an offer. Most people would say well if he offers me £125K I'll take it because it's 50% of the big total. WRONG thinking. You already have £100k guaranteed so you would need an offer of that plus 50% of the difference to be +EV. So £100k + £75K =£175k should be your dealing point.

In fact if your odds of 10/11 are close then letting the bet run is perhaps the best policy after all you're getting better than 5/2 on the £521which is certainly value and punters not taking or missing value is a sin.

However, let's return to the cash out for a moment and that 500+% ROI and for me that's probably enough to persuade me to take it. After all I'm quite prepared when trading to take 40% profit and close the position.

Although I do feel here that the bookie has offered too much £350 ish and I'm probably letting it run, but here I'm cashing out.

One golden rule, whatever you decide, don't regret it after. If you decide to close out or let it run then that's the correct decision, be happy with yourself for making it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Completely agree with the Deal or No Deal analogy. Used to watch that, and it infuriated me how people could not see odds correctly.

That wasn't the reason i stopped watching. It took an hour, when all it really did was give the contestant the choice of his box, or 1 other of his choosing.

All wrapper, no sweetie :)
    Had I taken the 800 and odd quid yesterday, I might have cashed out today.
    Although the horse today was really well backed and was 8/13 on the off, this made me reluctant to take the cashout.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    edited March 2022
    Congrats to you Tony. Always like it when somebody's getting a nice winner.
    Well as long as I'm not the person laying.

To be honest I would have taken the second offer but like I said I look at P/L as a trader rather than a bettor, but really happy for you.

Have a great week.
  • Options

To be honest I would have taken the second offer but like I said I look at P/L as a trader rather than a bettor, but really happy for you.

Have a great week.

Thanks.

Just placed my last bet of the day, and cashed out accidently while messing about.
    I was trying to copy and paste the bet, to post on here, when it cashed me out.
    I thought I was safe because there is a button to click before you click the cashout button.
    I didnt, but it still cashed me out.
    If the other one doesnt win I will be happy.

YOU GOT IT! 🙂
    CASHED OUT £371.39
    Double (x1)
    W
    9. Cathayensis
    15/4 9/2
    15th Mar NEWCASTLE 18:15 HANDICAP 1m 0f 6y - Win
    18:15 15 March 2022
    Best odds
    7. Daafy
    9/5
    15th Mar SOUTHWELL 20:00 HANDICAP 0m 7f 15y - Win
    20:00 Today
    Best odds
    Stake
    £84.09
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,036
    HAYSIE said:

Have a great week.

Thanks.

Just placed my last bet of the day, and cashed out accidently while messing about.
    I thought I was safe because there is a button to click before you click the cashout button.

YOU GOT IT! 🙂
    CASHED OUT £371.39
    Double (x1)
    W
    9. Cathayensis
    15/4 9/2
    Best odds
    7. Daafy
    9/5
    Best odds
    Stake
    £84.09
    You're obviously winning too much and the bookie is auto cashing out your bets :D
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

Have a great week.

Thanks.

YOU GOT IT! 🙂
    CASHED OUT £371.39
    Double (x1)
    W
    9. Cathayensis
    15/4 9/2
    Best odds
    7. Daafy
    9/5
    Best odds
    Stake
    £84.09
    You're obviously winning too much and the bookie is auto cashing out your bets :D
    I wish.
  • Options
    It won
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,036
    HAYSIE said:

It won

Watched the race I was willing it to lose but still not a bad day overall.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

It won

No, a good one.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

It won

A funny thing happened yesterday.
    Firstly I swear I didnt mean to cash out the bet the day before.
    I was betting on Paddy Power.
    There is a button which you are supposed to click on first before scrolling down to click on the cash out button.
    I assume this is designed to stop people cashing out accidentally.
    I swear I didnt click this button.
    Although I may have clicked the cashout button, in my attempt to copy and paste the offer to post it on here.
    So on to yesterday.
    I watched a race in which my horse won, which I had bet in a double.
    I gave it a minute, and looked at what they were offering.
    While I was looking, the bet was settled.
    My immediate thought was that they had done it again.
    I thought that I was going to have to speak to them.
    I then looked at the money in my account.
    I thought about birds in the hand and decided not to phone.
    Then I realised that my second horse had been pulled out, and was a nonrunner.
    So apologies to Paddy Power, as they didnt cash me out again.