You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Brighton Live Update, Friday to Sunday, March 25th - 27th.

Comments

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,274
    stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

The beauty of Live Poker is you get to meet such a wonderful array of characters.

By way of a conversation opener/ice-breaker, when I sat next to him on Friday, I asked this lovely looking lad what line of work he is in. His answer, & the backstory, knocked me over.

Guess his job.

First clue - EVERYONE has heard of his job title. But I doubt anyone of you have ever met someone who does what he does.

Does he train jockeys, rather than horses? (I presume someone does)

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Who are the Sky players still in please?

Cabbaz?
    BBmike?

Don't believe they have been mentioned as out.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,171
    Alvez moves the remnants of his stack in after that nasty do with his Kings into A-K, & the villain gives it the speech play, tanks for two minutes, & then folds.

And as that ate up several minutes of the clock, we are now on break again.

Oh the tension.

• Options
    ITSQUADSY said:

stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

The beauty of Live Poker is you get to meet such a wonderful array of characters.

By way of a conversation opener/ice-breaker, when I sat next to him on Friday, I asked this lovely looking lad what line of work he is in. His answer, & the backstory, knocked me over.

Guess his job.

First clue - EVERYONE has heard of his job title. But I doubt anyone of you have ever met someone who does what he does.

Does he drill for oil
    It feels like an absolute lock that @Tikay10 forgets to tell us the answer to this!
    @ITSQUADSY

You know me too well.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I've just noticed @tonyp142 is still in, & proper caked up, best part of 400,000.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

A suggestion was made when 36 were left that £440 be taken off the top & paid to the Bubbler.

However, one player objected so that kite will not fly.

Play continues, H4H.

One person , i bet they are already rich
    @stokefc

It was one of "our" players actually, & no, I very much doubt he's rich.

It's a very interesting situation actually, & many would agree with a refusal to offer £440 off the top to an extra player. I'm almost sure any good Pro would refuse, because it changes the way the tourney plays. The longer the bubble lasts, & players desperately try to cling on, the better it is for the big stack bubble "bullies" (almost always the better players) who can increase their stack almost at will during this situation.

In my time, I would always agree to it, but that's because I was usually short-stacked & I'm a weak player. Most good players would refuse.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Enut

He not not train horses or jockeys, no.

In fact in his line of work he's totally subservient & does whatever he is asked or told.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,632
    edited March 2022
    Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

A suggestion was made when 36 were left that £440 be taken off the top & paid to the Bubbler.

Play continues, H4H.

@stokefc

It's a very interesting situation actually, & many would agree with a refusal to offer £440 off the top to an extra player. I'm almost sure any good Pro would refuse, because it changes the way the tourney plays. The longer the bubble lasts, & players desperately try to cling on, the better it is for the big stack bubble "bullies" (almost always the better players) who can increase their stack almost at will during this situation.

In my time, I would always agree to it, but that's because I was usually short-stacked & I'm a weak player. Most good players would refuse.
    Ah i see
    I only said that because i watched Super greed yesterday and billionaires want more , shame for bubble boy/girl
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

Cabbaz?
    BBmike?

@Cammykaze

Probably both still in, I'm flying solo this afternoon & it's a bit of a struggle as I keep forgetting what faces belong to what names.
  • Options

After that horrible coup, Alzez is still in.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Tikay10 said:

Cammykaze said:

Cabbaz?
    BBmike?

@Cammykaze

Probably both still in, I'm flying solo this afternoon & it's a bit of a struggle as I keep forgetting what faces belong to what names.
    Thanks for the updates Tikay, do like to hear how the Sky folks are doing. Guessing Timmyrara is still in. TDYM repping right there B)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @bbMike is going along nicely & has over 300,000.
  • Options

Play has resumed & the never ending bubble is never ending.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,274
    Tikay10 said:

@Enut

He not not train horses or jockeys, no.

In fact in his line of work he's totally subservient & does whatever he is asked or told.

Is he a butler or man servant? Looks too young to know how Sir would like his toast buttered and paper ironed though.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

Play continues, H4H.

@stokefc

Ah i see
    I only said that because i watched Super greed yesterday and billionaires want more , shame for bubble boy/girl
    @stokefc

Yup, & that's how they get rich I guess.
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

Tikay10 said:

Cammykaze said:

Cabbaz?
    BBmike?

@Cammykaze

Thanks for the updates Tikay, do like to hear how the Sky folks are doing. Guessing Timmyrara is still in. TDYM repping right there B)

@Cammykaze

Yup, @TimmyRaRa is still going along nicely.

He'd be an immensely popular winner.
  • Options

Huge hand just went off but it went to the smaller stack & so H4H continues.

We've now been h4H for best part of an hour.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    edited March 2022
    Enjoying the updates tikay.

@bbMike to win for me.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Another All-In & a call & the ghouls all rush to watch the hoped for bust-out, but once again the shorter stack wins.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    PKRPar said:

Enjoying the updates tikay.

@bbMike to win for me.

Thanks Scottish Bloke @PKRPar

Lady Fluff is here, so there is no excuse for your absence.