You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

When WAGs fall out...

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174

Anyone following the Vardy-Rooney trial?

It's sensationally funny. And sad.

God only knows what the legal fees will amount to.

The world & UK news is full of dreadful stuff - Boris, Ukraine, COVID, cost of living & Heaven knows what else, so this is a welcome diversion, it really is.

And if you have not read any of it, you should.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Tikay10 said:

Anyone following the Vardy-Rooney trial?

It's sensationally funny. And sad.

God only knows what the legal fees will amount to.

The world & UK news is full of dreadful stuff - Boris, Ukraine, COVID, cost of living & Heaven knows what else, so this is a welcome diversion, it really is.

And if you have not read any of it, you should.

Only read bits of this.

However, when Colleen Rooney did some detective work, and became known as "Wagatha Christie"?

Priceless.
  • Options
    Liaam2k71Liaam2k71 Member Posts: 1
    Seen bits of it.. The worlds gone mad almost as bad as all these 'NEW' SCS SALE adverts lol
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,632
    Heard today on the radio the costs of each is about a million quid and whoever wins will only be awarded about 700k back and will be awarded about 40k damages :D:# , i wish i was a barrister
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    stokefc said:

Heard today on the radio the costs of each is about a million quid and whoever wins will only be awarded about 700k back and will be awarded about 40k damages :D:# , i wish i was a barrister

They don't care, it's not their money is it? Probably a little harsh but WAGs wind me up, along with 'influencers' and other such non entities that apparently make an absolute fortune with no discernible talent.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    stokefc said:

There are very few Libel Barristers. Safe to say most of them are minted.
    Whereas I know of several Criminal Barristers who are genuinely skint.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    It just shows these dafties have mare money than sense, if their men played lower down the leagues they would all be scrappin oot in the pub car park to settle it.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Just made a post about this elsewhere.

It all seems unnecessary to get to courts. If I was Wayne Rooney I would be raging with my missus for dragging this through the tabloids and now the court system. It's actually quite ridiculous, would have left her to it and looked after the kids at home in his shoes.

My take not that I was asked 😉 is Vardy is a gossip. Thats it! Sure this could have been yesterday's chip wrapping and forgotten about quickly but alas no. Sure this started at least 3 years ago.

Am I missing something here in my thinking Essexphil and others? A bit perplexed.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cammykaze said:

It all seems unnecessary to get to courts. If I was Wayne Rooney I would be raging with my missus for dragging this through the tabloids and now the court system. It's actually quite ridiculous, would have left her to it and looked after the kids at home in his shoes.

My take not that I was asked 😉 is Vardy is a gossip. Thats it! Sure this could have been yesterday's chip wrapping and forgotten about quickly but alas no. Sure this started at least 3 years ago.

Am I missing something here in my thinking Essexphil and others? A bit perplexed.

Hi Cammy,

Its the other way round, Mrs Vardy is suing Mrs Rooney.

Same difference though, it should never have got to court.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    She got outed and did not like it .... was she guilty ....Mm! women can't keep secrets.

Vardy the Mole V Wagatha Chtistie
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Tikay10 said:

Cammykaze said:

Hi Cammy,

Its the other way round, Mrs Vardy is suing Mrs Rooney.

Same difference though, it should never have got to court.
    Ah - shows you the interest I have in this tale of woe. Cannot get my head round the thinking on this case at all :)
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,985
  • Options
    Rebekah Vardy messaged her agent 'OMG what a c***' when Coleen Rooney unfollowed her on Instagram after 'fake' story about car crash was published, libel trial told

Before the Wagatha Christie scandal broke Coleen stopped following Rebekah on Instagram, prompting Rebekah to react furiously. 'OMG what a c***,' Rebekah texted her agent Caroline Watt after realising what had happened, according to texts read out to the High Court earlier in the trial. Today, Coleen's lawyer David Sherborne told the court about a story that appeared in The Sun about Coleen being in a car crash, written by journalist Andy Halls. During the text exchange, Rebekah discussed whether this could have been the reason Coleen stopped following her. Pictured: Rebekah and Ms Watt (left) and the messages (right).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10805717/Rebekah-Vardy-messaged-agent-OMG-c-Coleen-Rooney-unfollowed-her.html
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    If I remember correctly didn't it all start when Coleen suspected that one of her friends was selling stories about her to the papers, in order to find out who she fed each of the friends a false story, in confidence, and waited for one to hit the press. An ingenious idea which outed Mrs Vardy. Similar things happen in playgrounds across the country on a daily basis.

In the meantime we have war in Ukraine.
  • Options
    Rebekah Vardy likened Coleen Rooney to a 'PIGEON that sh*ts in your hair': WAG is stared down by steely-faced rival as her comments are read out in court - after Wagatha Christie trial was halted when she broke down in tears giving evidence

Mrs Justice Steyn adjourned the case at the High Court in London after Rebekah (left) became upset as she was quizzed by Coleen Rooney's representative David Sherborne. It happened moments after the barrister was ticked off by the judge over his aggressive line of questioning. Discussing a fake post by Coleen (top right) about gender selection, Rebekah (also bottom right) said she had not been to Mexico for treatment after Mr Sherborne had mistakenly used her name instead of Coleen's.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10809957/Wagatha-Christie-trial-HALTED-Rebekah-Vardy-breaks-tears-AGAIN.html
  • Options
    'Who is Davy Jones?': Wagatha Christie judge is forced to explain nautical reference to Rebekah Vardy after Coleen Rooney's lawyer says her agent's phone containing WhatsApp evidence is at bottom of North Sea... 24 hours after she told HER what 'FFS' meant

The High Court burst into laughter after the exchange - which concerned the claim that Rebekah's agent, Caroline Watt (pictured with Rebekah on the left), lost her phone containing WhatsApp evidence when it fell off a boat into the North Sea. Coleen's (right) barrister, David Sherborne, has accused Rebekah's of deleting key evidence that, it is said, would prove that Rebekah had been leaking stories to the media. 'We know that Ms Watt's phone is now in Davy Jones' Locker, don't we, Mrs Vardy?' Mr Sherborne said. Rebekah then replied: 'I'm sorry, I don't know who Davy Jones is'. Also pictured: Mrs Justice Steyn (top) and Rebekah giving evidence (bottom).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10809651/Who-Davy-Jones-Wagatha-Christie-judge-forced-explain-nautical-reference.html
  • Options
    Get your tickets for The Scousetrap! Internet jokers rename Rebekah Vardy's High Court battle with Coleen Rooney after longest-running West End play

The so-called Wagatha Christie courtroom battle between Liverpool-born Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy was today re-christened The Scousetrap.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10809641/Get-tickets-Scousetrap-Internet-jokers-rename-Vardys-High-Court-battle-Rooney.html
  • Options
    Oh Bex! This may just be a spectacular own goal: On Day Three of her Wagatha Watch, JANE FRYER sees Rebekah Vardy having a nightmare in court

JANE FRYER: Another dawn, another day - and yet another set of gigantic Dynasty-style shoulders to demonstrate who's really Queen of the Wags in the £3million libel battle setting Britain alight. There's no doubt about it, yesterday was Coleen Rooney's day - and not just in the Isabel Marant-designed shoulder department. No, the day was Coleen's because despite Rebekah Vardy's jaunty nautical-themed Chanel dress and brave new side parting, the events in Court 13 are not unfurling as Mrs V would like. In short, she's having a nightmare. Things start to decline badly and rapidly as she is accused - variously and in no particular order - of having selective amnesia, lying, repeatedly revising her witness statements ahead of the trial and suggesting that the anniversary of the death of Coleen's sister Rosie (who died in 2014, aged 13) had been an appropriate time to get back in contact with Rooney after she had blocked Vardy on Instagram. So in that context, the claim she'd arranged for a pap to hide in a bush and snap the entire Wag brigade as they click-clacked down the street to dinner in St Petersburg during the 2018 World Cup comes almost as a moment of light relief for Bex.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10811255/On-Day-3-Wagatha-Watch-JANE-FRYER-sees-Rebekah-Vardy-having-nightmare-court.html
  • Options

Taking photographs inside a sitting Courtroom is not allowed in England, so it's been left to the artists to give us their best impressions. And some of the sketches have been entertaining in themselves.

Here's the artists impression of Colleen & Wayne on Day 3. I'm not entirely either subject would have been impressed...

• Options

And, for balance, here's how the artist saw Ms Vardy...