You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

When WAGs fall out...

13»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,055
    thefall said:

The ignomy of it all being outwitted by the Rooneys

Not many GCSEs between them.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,034
  • Options
    Rebekah Vardy accuses church of covering up her sexual abuse

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/rebekah-vardy-accuses-church-covering-141937414.html
  • Options
  • Options
    Rebekah Vardy's 'fury at being handed £1.8million legal bill by Coleen Rooney': Wagatha Christie trial loser's lawyers 'say sum has been inflated - including luxury hotels and a £225 breakfast at Nobu'

Rebekah, 41, was ordered to pay 90 per cent of 37-year-old Coleen's legal bills after losing their libel trial at the High Court last year. The sum was to be assessed but was estimated to be around £500,000. But now the wife of Leicester footballer Jamie Vardy has demanded a breakdown of the legal bill after some points skyrocketed by 300 per cent. The £1.8million sum is understood to include £2,000 for a lawyer's five-star hotel stay, including a whopping £225 tab for breakfast and drinks at the Nobu Hotel in London. The ongoing war between the two WAGs might even be headed back to court as sources close to Rebekah claim she hasn't heard from Coleen about the legal costs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12208637/Rebekah-Vardys-fury-handed-1-8million-legal-bill-Coleen-Rooney.html
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    Always love these sorts of stories.

For someone who "hasn't heard...about the legal costs", that is a lot of detail. Lost in Court. And now trying to get sympathy in the Court of Public Opinion. Never a good look-multi-millionaires objecting to professionals' business costs.

Libel lawyers are, in charging terms per hour, the Premier League players. Although I don't know of any that earn the £7.2 million a year that Jamie Vardy gets.

She can go back to Court if she wishes. She can demand breakdowns of costs if she wishes.

But she needs to remember that the rate Mrs Rooney's Lawyers (and Mrs Vardy's) is probably more than £1,000 per hour. And that the starting point is she is paying 100% of her own Lawyers + 90% of Mrs Rooney's. Or £1,900 per hour.

I never charged an opponent for my Breakfast. But I was often discussing the case over breakfast with my Client. And charging a lot more than £225 during my breakfast :)

PS-that bill was never going to be £500,000 per side. Something she knows fine well. Not least because she has forgotten to mention her own side's bill.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Always love these sorts of stories.

For someone who "hasn't heard...about the legal costs", that is a lot of detail. Lost in Court. And now trying to get sympathy in the Court of Public Opinion. Never a good look-multi-millionaires objecting to professionals' business costs.

Libel lawyers are, in charging terms per hour, the Premier League players. Although I don't know of any that earn the £7.2 million a year that Jamie Vardy gets.

She can go back to Court if she wishes. She can demand breakdowns of costs if she wishes.

But she needs to remember that the rate Mrs Rooney's Lawyers (and Mrs Vardy's) is probably more than £1,000 per hour. And that the starting point is she is paying 100% of her own Lawyers + 90% of Mrs Rooney's. Or £1,900 per hour.

I never charged an opponent for my Breakfast. But I was often discussing the case over breakfast with my Client. And charging a lot more than £225 during my breakfast :)

PS-that bill was never going to be £500,000 per side. Something she knows fine well. Not least because she has forgotten to mention her own side's bill.

I wonder how much the bill for all the phones that went missing came to.