You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky has a General INTEGRITY AND UNETHICAL PROBLEM

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,575
    TheWaddy said:

Sort of contradicts itself this post, if you are 'cleaning up' on other sites there is no need to even try out this site, never mind get upset about it.

Having said that, all online sites are what they are and you wont get any change from these guys, most use it just for chat only. Theres a few semi pros who comment, who have done very nicely out of winning packages and therefore have got their foot in the door and prefer to be ambassadors for the site.

I play a guy heads up at Omaha hi lo, that relentlessly is all in needing runners and i run a count in the chat box when he hits them. We get into double figures in a single heads up SNG the vast majority of games, the combined odds running into thousands to one. If i played him live, it would be a simple task at the slow blinds i play.

I accept it as that is how online poker operates, there is no maths in it as we know it and you just have to learn the pitfalls and dodge the set ups. They are quite easy to spot after a while.

Any facts can never be proven as even if you spent a year painstakingly getting your figures together, there is absolutely no-one who would be prepared to look at what you had gathered, anywhere in the business or regulation as it stands at the moment.

It would be a painfully long and almost impossible task, just for someone to answer in 20seconds that its audited and regulated, blah blah blah.

Just have to learn how to play differently, than what is correct in a live play. Alot get aggressive on here and will defend it to the hilt, but either they dont understand pot odds or are self appointed ambassadors of the site. Many dont have real life friends, so this is all they have, to see regulation be run in the manner it should would break up their chat group.

there are people on here who are semi pro I am one of them. There are also people on here who are full time pro these are mostly the people that win most of the packages or big from promos because they are able to put in more volume then others and get more points etc.

If you spent a year painstakingly getting your figures together? do you mean your hand histories. News for you, there would be few people qualified or educated enough to look at your hand histories. Most people in society do not know enough about statistics and probability theory to do that. Do you know enough about it? what is your level of statistics and math's education? I would say you would need at least a degree in statistics to be competent enough to do this and that is minimum. Do you have a statistics degree or even A level maths? not trying to put you down just saying.

I have never tried to work out how to play based on trying to predict which cards are going to come I just try to work out odds a rough range I think rightly or wrongly opponent may have what I can out play and what I cant etc.

People on 2+2 in the rigged thread regularly offer to go through peoples hand histories and look for a rig to proof there is not one. I think some of them have even offered cash prizes for anyone that can proof a rig.

The difficulty with Sky specifically is they dont store your hands where you can get access to the hand histories from way back. I think it saves 500 hands if I am right. You would need a lot larger number of hands before you could have enough data to do the appropriate statistics tests.

I think the so called semi pros as you call them likely understand a lot more about poker hand ranges and pot odds then the vast majority of players on here hence why they are the big winners.

Please dont go commenting on how many friends people do or dont have. You know nothing about most people on here and you really should not be saying stuff like that. You don't know them maybe they are lonely and maybe you don't need to rub it in their faces maybe they have the most amazing girlfriend/boyfriend and loads of friends and are super popular. There is no need for personal digs.

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    I think you just backed up what im saying, but in a way that suggests you dont agree!

It would be near on impossible to prove either way and even if you did dedicate a year to do it, no-one would look at what you had, because no-one in the online poker industry is qualified or would be even slightly bothered to look at it.

This is why it makes me laugh that if you even suggest something doesnt add up, everyone shouts 'prove it'. It cant be proved, which i think you have to agree, leaves it open to abuse. The defence is always 'why would they not have random decks, if they were ever found out, etc etc'.

I think you have just agreed with me that being 'found out' could never possibly happen as it stands. Whatever you think of online poker, a task of proving anything is just not viable/possible.

PS i think i am able to suggest things about a group as a whole, without names, where the same group suggest things absolutely personally about me!

• Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    Yeah the little voices in your head
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

I think you just backed up what im saying, but in a way that suggests you dont agree!

It would be near on impossible to prove either way and even if you did dedicate a year to do it, no-one would look at what you had, because no-one in the online poker industry is qualified or would be even slightly bothered to look at it.

This is why it makes me laugh that if you even suggest something doesnt add up, everyone shouts 'prove it'. It cant be proved, which i think you have to agree, leaves it open to abuse. The defence is always 'why would they not have random decks, if they were ever found out, etc etc'.

I think you have just agreed with me that being 'found out' could never possibly happen as it stands. Whatever you think of online poker, a task of proving anything is just not viable/possible.

PS i think i am able to suggest things about a group as a whole, without names, where the same group suggest things absolutely personally about me!

No I would not say we agree, I dont believe this poker site or any of the major poker sites are rigged in anyway. To be absolutely clear I think it is unlikely that any of the poker sites I can name are rigged.

The small area we would agree on is that the vast majority of people who comment in the debate on whether online poker is rigged are not qualified to do the statistics tests and verify this one way or another themselves. Yes that would include those that say it is not rigged but this would also include those that say it is.

However I am definitely not the most statistically qualified individual on these forums I know of two players in the sky community who are definitely more qualified/further along in knowledge of statistics then I am. There are probably more and I am confident that if there was a rig they would know how to verify it and test for this.

That is the issue it does not take the majority of people to spot a rig or to gather the evidence to proof a rig it would take just a handful of well qualified individuals to proof it. Of all the customers on any poker site/gambling site at least a handful are likely to be qualified and educated enough to know how to test for a rig they would know how to proof it and where to take the proof and any gambling site that did this would run a significant risk hence why I doubt they would.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    You would have to be looking at the changing odds on every street, over a huge sample of hands. This is what an auditor should be testing, i dont believe that they do.

This is my main problem with this argument, i just dont believe the audits are geared to testing anything other then how often each card comes out.

There is no-one else who could possibly do their own testing and even then, it would only be their own hands.

I just lost a game right now, that just would not be possible to lose 9 key hands with what he had when the money went all in. It was just combined odds of lottery win odds proportions! He didnt understand hi lo, but it simply would not let him giveaway. Several times a day i have games like this. Not mathematically possible. No audit is looking at those hands and the odds involved, its not how the audits work, therfore renders them useless.

• Options
    Statistically it was possible because you said you lost, and people do win the lottery. I dont think you understand odds
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Im not sure that anyone has won the lottery several times a day but nevermind you not the brightest button in the pack....

Just lost another to a guy betting paired 6 on the turn and the like at hi lo..... caught him time and time again only for the river to bink over and over, then another bag spanners finished me off as he miraculously (not so much online) got to 200-400 blinds.

Just impossible. I can guarantee it was his first ever game, it should be in a patient game to those blinds, just about impossible to lose. Whats worse is, u get to 100-200 blinds and u know your beat, as once its saved them soooo many times, you a dead man walking.

Before you say it, hi lo is a pot limit game, there is no constant all ins preflop. Its all controlled all ins, where ive got like nut flush to their pair. Just when their pair on all in flop turns in to full house by river 7/8 times, you know what the final outcome will be well before the end.

Lost 3 out of last 4 to players not literally having a clue what was going on.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

You would have to be looking at the changing odds on every street, over a huge sample of hands. This is what an auditor should be testing, i dont believe that they do.

This is my main problem with this argument, i just dont believe the audits are geared to testing anything other then how often each card comes out.

There is no-one else who could possibly do their own testing and even then, it would only be their own hands.

I just lost a game right now, that just would not be possible to lose 9 key hands with what he had when the money went all in. It was just combined odds of lottery win odds proportions! He didnt understand hi lo, but it simply would not let him giveaway. Several times a day i have games like this. Not mathematically possible. No audit is looking at those hands and the odds involved, its not how the audits work, therfore renders them useless.

How do you know what an auditor does or does not test for? what makes you so confident of that your just outright guessing and have no idea. the changing odds on every street is something anyone can look up.
    https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tools/odds-calculator/texas-holdem
    pretty sure an omaha one is somewhere around.

Yes there are other people who could do their own testing just most people are not qualified or educated enough, but you dont need lots of people just a few people who know what they are doing to sound the alarm if something was off.

So what would skys incentive be to do this? are you alleging they have house players? that would be pretty shocking if true. Just your average stake is £1 games do you really think if they were to have some sort of major scandal like that they would go for you at £1 games. I scoped you btw pretty sure your profitable if your average stakes is £1 and you score 70 so why you letting yourself get so wound up? about a few bad beats your not even thinking logically you risk getting yourself banned if you keep on going on like this and why? like if you actually got your mental game sorted and got over this nonsense and worked on your game and just grinded maybe you could become one of the semi pros.

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    TheWaddy said:

I'd be interested in seeing the hand histories showing you lose 9 all ins in one £2 fast structure hi lo SNG. It's very easy to find and post the hands.
  • Options
    Bean81 said:

TheWaddy said:

I'd be interested in seeing the hand histories showing you lose 9 all ins in one £2 fast structure hi lo SNG. It's very easy to find and post the hands.
    it definitely can happen it has happened to me before and I am not claiming a rig it just will happen by normal probabilities if you play a lot of games. someone posting a single game where they had a lot of bad luck in that game proves nothing.
  • Options
    Thewaddy doesn't understand the definition of the word 'impossible', he also thinks he has the right to win every hand he plays and let's his opponent know about it when he loses
  • Options
    Bean81 said:

TheWaddy said:

Beano, i posted previously that i had lost in a very specific certain situation on 888 poker over 500 times on the run and had screenshot them when i realised what was happening. I have them to this day. I was asked to post them and started doing so.... kapowblamz got very angry and everyone still made excuses... so its just wasting my time for 9.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

How do you know what an auditor does or does not test for? what makes you so confident of that your just outright guessing and have no idea. the changing odds on every street is something anyone can look up.
    https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tools/odds-calculator/texas-holdem
    pretty sure an omaha one is somewhere around.

Yes there are other people who could do their own testing just most people are not qualified or educated enough, but you dont need lots of people just a few people who know what they are doing to sound the alarm if something was off.

So what would skys incentive be to do this? are you alleging they have house players? that would be pretty shocking if true. Just your average stake is £1 games do you really think if they were to have some sort of major scandal like that they would go for you at £1 games. I scoped you btw pretty sure your profitable if your average stakes is £1 and you score 70 so why you letting yourself get so wound up? about a few bad beats your not even thinking logically you risk getting yourself banned if you keep on going on like this and why? like if you actually got your mental game sorted and got over this nonsense and worked on your game and just grinded maybe you could become one of the semi pros.

Listen to yourself... you suggest people get what 50k hands (anything less wont be accepted as a sample) and go through cardplayer calculator with them?

We have already covered all you other points on a different thread...... I have asked auditors directly, sites and the Gambling Commision of what the specifics of the tests are.... noboby wanted to answer. So you would have to say that was a disappointing and wholly unconvincing stance to say the least.

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Bean81 said:

TheWaddy said:

Old saying for this one "Says more than his prayers" :D
  • Options
    Yes its just people commenting without fully understanding for a change.

In hi lo, he is mainly splitting the pot with his all ins. Very quickly theres the 'no you didnt' people not understanding they are not 'winning' or me 'losing', they just surviving against all the odds.

Its ok, its what you do.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    TheWaddy said:

Im not sure that anyone has won the lottery several times a day but nevermind you not the brightest button in the pack....

Just lost another to a guy betting paired 6 on the turn and the like at hi lo..... caught him time and time again only for the river to bink over and over, then another bag spanners finished me off as he miraculously (not

Doubleme said:

Bean81 said:

TheWaddy said:

it definitely can happen it has happened to me before and I am not claiming a rig it just will happen by normal probabilities if you play a lot of games. someone posting a single game where they had a lot of bad luck in that game proves nothing.
    Def not saying it proves anything. I trust the mathematicians and statisticians that have done the work on huge samples on twoplustwo. I also had a 2 million hand sample on my old computer which didn't suggest anything egregious.

What I'm questioning is how somebody loses 9 all ins in one match where the structure means stacks are short and the nature of omaha Hilo is that equities run very close. I'm not buying it, but willing to be proved wrong.

PS: I railed hero play one of these. Lots of limping and checking, including open limping the button to leave 1.5bb behind. Also lots of whining in the chat box about how the result is predetermined, as if Sky gives a fk about his £2 SNG in a format where the rake will be difficult to beat.
  • Options
    Kinda6677 said:

Thewaddy doesn't understand the definition of the word 'impossible', he also thinks he has the right to win every hand he plays and let's his opponent know about it when he loses

I mean this guy used to play me. Along with others on here his comments are along the lines of 'you never shut up all the way thru the game', 'you constantly comment'.

If its constantly happening, you are 'kinda' backing me up, that its a constant thing... have a think about that people!
  • Options
    So if it's a rigged deck against YOU, you wouldn't ever win a game, but according to sharkscope you win over 2/3 of your games, so it aint
  • Options
    Bean81, that is literally all he does, berates his opponent everytime he loses, not happy unless he wins every hand
  • Options
    one of us got chat banned for 'berating' didnt they..... one of us had acceptable comments, one of us didnt.... and your back still saying your in the right! Grow up!