You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

unacceptable behaviour by pawn broker

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,540
So I was out picking up bits for my girlfriends birthday with my girlfriend (her birthday is soon wont say exact day on here)

anyway it came down to did she want the chocolate multipack deal or the chocolates individually. The multipack was boxed up like a gift so I was sure it was going to cost more and began to start to work out whether buying the chocolates individually or as part of a pack would be cheaper. My girlfriend was like no this will be the pawn shop all over again.

My girlfriend was not with me the day of the outrageous behaviour (as I had not met her at this point yet) of the pawn shop where they had security physically and aggressively drag me out. this was on a holiday in America. I maintain they never should have done this and this was outrageous my girlfriend is like of course you got thrown out and she would have done that too if she owned a pawn shop and a customer did what I did.

So basically what happened is I am always curious for a good deal and best price etc its not about the money its about getting a good deal. I mean for example a toothbrush is a necessity you can buy these for 2 for £2 in packs. Now if the only toothbrushes been sold was £20 then £15 would be a good deal on a toothbrush however as it is I would not pay £3 for a toothbrush as it feels like I am getting a bad deal.

So I was wondering around this pawn shop and saw their prices and looked this up on ebay, the items were cheaper on ebay so I had to loudly point this out which they did not like because they did not want their customers to know they can get the items cheaper on ebay. So they had security drag me out. The truth was this was in America and their was no way I was getting heavy electronics back to the UK, I was just checking whether it was a good deal.

You may or may not have seen Hardcore pawn a show where they handle ghetto pawn customers etc they very rarely actually touch the customers there, the security just walks in front of them walking them out by posture did they do this to me?

nooooooooooooo they physically grabbed me and dragged me out. and when I had been thrown out and I asked about the price of their post cards, (most of their stuff was a few hundred dollars and their postcards were 50cent on stand outside their shop) their response was not polite., I mean of course they didnt want me to point out that this was an outragous price for post cards.

I maintain they should have gone oh sorry sir yes you have a point well we can offer this price instead of physically dragging me out.

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,152
    I worry about you.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,960

I worry about you.

I have said that multiple times over a fairly long period.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Do you actually believe your behaviour was acceptable?
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,024
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,960
    HAYSIE said:

I worry about you.

I have said that multiple times over a fairly long period.
    I dont intend saying any more to avoid being accused of beating him up.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Did you manage to get this on film?
  • Options
    BlairReidBlairReid Member Posts: 74
    Excluding Tikay, you're the forum MVP and it's not even close. It's Doubleme's world and we're all just living in it.
  • Options
    Crowbarring that opening sentence into a post about pawn shops really is a work of art. If you buy her a chocolate for every time she's had a name-drop on here she'll have type two diabetes.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Class chat from you Mr Reid at the tables last night btw. Less!

GL over the weekend and sorry for slightly derail things Doubleme. I would not give this man or someone like TheWaddy a minute more of our time or give him scots mist.

Chances are I will not be in attendance unfortunately over the weekend for the game.
  • Options
    The rest of the comments I would take a little more seriously :)

Hope your good?
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

GL over the weekend and sorry for slightly derail things Doubleme. I would not give this man or someone like TheWaddy a minute more of our time or give him scots mist.

Chances are I will not be in attendance unfortunately over the weekend for the game.

Not like you to derail a forum thread. There was nothing wrong with my chat as per. Everyone else at the table was fine with it and was chatting too. I was also playing it from the pub with people who know you, who were laughing at you threatening me with violence. That was the only table chat that broke any rules but it's water off a duck's back to me and honestly gives me a good giggle. You're nearly 40 and you're clambering onto a soapbox to try call out people in their 20s for no reason other than them being better at a card game than you. Pathetic. Someone else can give you your daily dose of attention.
  • Options
    Should I get the camera out Blair? I would go not any further with this one. Word to the wise and better poker player.

Have 'bigger fish' to fry in life than poker at the moment.
  • Options
    I think people know I have a silly character to my posts but yes this one actually happened. I doubt it was the guys from the show highly unlikely but then I dont remember exact details so it could have been just would be pretty unlikely I assume I would have noticed a camera crew so obviously not this was a long time ago mind.

I think abuse in the chat and on the forums is an issue I would not say I have been affected to badly by it yes some people have given me abusive in the past, both on the forums and in chat. generally I think my issue is sometimes it sets me off laughing I mean I play mostly £5 and £10 games been a better poker player then me is not an amazing achievement. the vast majority of the time those that insult me are actually worse not better but like why have an ego D*** size comparison test when we are all nobodies in the poker world anyway it just seems pretty immature and most of the time actually makes me laugh. the problem is that can distract me from actual play but not often.

I just take things in humor and silliness some may be familiar with my fight pyramids in the chat, or my comments to people that complain about bad luck or rig allegations. Namely the suggestion of going on a march around the country bare foot to protest about sky poker RNG. Something about a crazy guy doing a walk around the country bare foot to protest the Sky poker RNG amuses me.

Though in this climate theyd probably blame sky for responsible gambling problems and penalise sky whilst making the barefoot crazy guy out to be some sort of victim hero.

It is easy for people to sometimes get wires crossed and take things as worse then they are meant, I have witnessed people having arguments or hateful discussions in chat I dont get involved as it is on them if they wish to report or not. Just abuse should not be happening online.

I just found it a funny story from my past that I liked to mention in a silly way.
    I don't think there was anything morally wrong with what I did I mean most pawn shops make their money from exploiting vulnerable people, I sometimes like to look for a good cheap deal their which some might argue to be immoral but then unless all your clothes and fair trade and your food locally sourced dont lecture me on that one. When offered bad deal I dont feel it immoral to point out though maybe socially not acceptable.

Socially taboo and moral are not the same thing mind.

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    POTY imo.

In fact, I just signed into my account for the first time in months just to comment on it.

Cheerio.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

I play mostly £5 and £10 games been a better poker player then me is not an amazing achievement. the vast majority of the time those that insult me are actually worse not better but like why have an ego D*** size comparison test when we are all nobodies in the poker world anyway it just seems pretty immature and most of the time actually makes me laugh.

This

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Ego is a big issue in poker and I find it quite odd personally. I have a bit of an Ego in other ways mostly through physical sports like football and badminton (not that I am any good at either) but not in poker, I am humble there playing lower stakes and enjoying it.

I did find it interesting when engaging in the Discord Group months ago making a suggestion something along the lines of why don't we look at each other's poker weaknesses. That did not go ahead, if we cannot face our weaknesses then Ego is in the road.

That's my view anyway and sorry for the 2nd de-rail (of sorts). I'm rubbish at poker :D
  • Options
    BlairReid said:

Cammykaze said:

Not like you to derail a forum thread. There was nothing wrong with my chat as per. Everyone else at the table was fine with it and was chatting too. I was also playing it from the pub with people who know you, who were laughing at you threatening me with violence. That was the only table chat that broke any rules but it's water off a duck's back to me and honestly gives me a good giggle. You're nearly 40 and you're clambering onto a soapbox to try call out people in their 20s for no reason other than them being better at a card game than you. Pathetic. Someone else can give you your daily dose of attention.
    Sorry to go on about this. I do not believe a word of this and didn't at the time (last night). I am 37 and will be 38 at the end of July.

I do not clamber onto a soapbox to "call out" people in their 20s. I do ok with 99% of 20 year olds, you just have zero class while thinking you can chat your way out of things and pass things off as "banter" or "patter". Your "patter" is red rotten.

You and TheWaddy have similar traits in my eyes. Your smart enough to see them if you wanted to, at this junction you can't, that's cool. I will continue to avoid you but I will not put up with your nonsense on SkyPoker chat when I just wish to chill and play. I have stayed away from home games on and off for years because of you. That is slightly unfair but acceptable.

Having a bit of bravado is fine with me and I do not mind that at all, getting personal is not. You have an issue with me that's fine. I have an issue with you. That's fine...... let's move on?
  • Options
    Try acting your age then. Telling people in poker chatboxes that you'll throw them about the room is hardly the pinnacle of maturity. Ask Julie if you don't believe me, she was sitting beside me and reading the chat.

Only one of us lies. Only one of us has been kicked out of running a local poker game. Only one of us has been kicked out of the Maybury. Only one of us (afaik only one person ever) has been kicked out the sky poker discord. Only one of us uses the guise of raising money for charity as clickbait for a forum smear campaign.

You say I have an issue with you but that's just not true. I'd have to care about you to have an issue with you. I care more about plankton than I do about you.

Stop hijacking someone's forum post. The world doesn't revolve around you.

• Options
    i dont want to get involved in this one specifically cammy has always been decent with me not sure if blair is or is not decent to me have a lot of haters on here and a lot of people that cool with me too. I have a way of standing out but to be honest I lose track often of who is friend and not friend on here.

I have been studying and procrastinating most of the day and am nearly done now. I would just want to play some diablo 2 ressurcted and the eliminator etc and chill the rest of the night. Also got some wine which I was looking forward too because I usually cant drink alcohol due to health issue but can occasionally so look forward to it when I can.

Note I will not be playing on here whilst drinking and playing diablo it just wouldnt work first here then when done on here diablo and alc.

• Options
    I'm yet to meet someone I hate so you should be grand. I'm also a big fan of poker and wine.