You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

unacceptable behaviour by pawn broker

124»

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,724
    I like reading doubleme’s posts, they are infinitely better than the random theories and constant doom and gloom in the world.
    I also agree with his ( not very well received) stance on identity theft, sure it’s not the best example but….
    Camber Sands takes me back, pre apps and sat navs, my good lady and I were taking the children there, aided by a map which she attempted to guide me by, the inevitable “ you should have turned left there” ensued, followed by my bewildered response of “ why the… didn’t you tell me then”!
    Map out of window, do it your bl…dy self.
    I have no evidence of this, apart from reminders from good lady and children bringing it up every time we go on long journeys.
    Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,155
    tomgoodun said:

I like reading doubleme’s posts, they are infinitely better than the random theories and constant doom and gloom in the world.
    I also agree with his ( not very well received) stance on identity theft, sure it’s not the best example but….
    Camber Sands takes me back, pre apps and sat navs, my good lady and I were taking the children there, aided by a map which she attempted to guide me by, the inevitable “ you should have turned left there” ensued, followed by my bewildered response of “ why the… didn’t you tell me then”!
    I have no evidence of this, apart from reminders from good lady and children bringing it up every time we go on long journeys.
    Keep up the good work.

Several years ago I took my wife and children on a Sun £9.50 holiday to Pontins at Camber Sands.

The whole experience was ruined when a flying map suddenly obscured my view causing me to crash the car.

To think the insurance company didn't believe my version of events.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,980

tomgoodun said:

Keep up the good work.

Several years ago I took my wife and children on a Sun £9.50 holiday to Pontins at Camber Sands.

The whole experience was ruined when a flying map suddenly obscured my view causing me to crash the car.

To think the insurance company didn't believe my version of events.
    Whats the Statute Of Limitations on littering.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,554
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

@BlairReid & @Cammykaze why don't you open up a new thread where you can both debate/argue your points of view. At least that would stop @Doubleme thinking his original post has generated a lot of interest.

One of his least successful bits of fiction occurred during a UKOPS, some time ago.
    The site crashed in the middle of a tourney he was playing.
    He wrote a massive post claiming all sorts.
    I intend to use a little poetic licence, but you will get the gist of it.
    He claimed he was in third position when the site crashed.
    When it was back up and running he was 740th.
    Had lost nearly all his chips.
    His life was ruined for ever.
    He intended to sue Sky for £9 million.
    His GP had been forced to up the dosage on his valium.
    He and his girlfriend (if she exists) had found it necessary to order 9 takeaways from Deliveroo, in order to offset the depression that had immediately set in.
    He would fail his degree, as a result.
    Would never be the same again.
    And just to rub salt in his wounds, his girlfriend (if she exists) blurted out her Mothers maiden name to yet another Deliveroo driver.

Then lo and behold.
    Someone else who was in the same tourney posted the following.
    He was in fourth when the site crashed.
    Doubleme wasnt in third.
    He was still in fourth when the site got back and running.
    He didnt lose a single chip.

Oops.

A rather humiliating apology followed.
    The court case that was likely to wipe Johnny Depp, and The Wags, from the front pages was cancelled.
    All the Sky staff breathed a sigh of relief, knowing their futures had been secured.

What the heck are you on about I never threatened to sue sky this is all mostly made up gibberish.

I have held of my own date of birth on the forums so maybe by that logic I dont exist.
    At some point in the future I may very well attend an SPT in which case it is likely my girlfriend will come with me. She really does not like you now Haysie.

Having a girlfriend or boyfriend is not a rare achievement that few accomplish. However for some people it is and this sort of person lives a lonely life and be quite depressive. Now I am not that person, Yes my girlfriend is real.
    However if I was actually making her up would that not be quite concerning how would it help to belittle me in that spot?

I cant speak for everyone that takes table abuse and I dont claim to be a saint I really try not to get nasty at the tables but everyone can snap eventually if bad enough luck or bad day etc. The thing is it really does not help the site I knew of one guy who I introduced to this site who played one night then quit because he said he got a lot of abuse at the table and everyone was having a go at him for playing wrong.

for those that speculated on me having mental health issues Nope I do not and If I did I would never share that on a public forum. Not sure if I have or have not mentioned an anxiety issue like some have allured to however I have never been diagnosed with anything to do with anxiety, it is true I can be more anxious then most (or so I think how can one know) but never been daignosed.

I like to be silly and I like to go for totally bizare what the heck sillies sometimes.

Haysie seems to like to take what I write and twist it add to it take stuff away or edit it some other way.

I have had a number of unique experiences part of it may be since I can be unique myself I attract it eg the airplane thing had nothing to do with me I only wittnessed that but been dragged out of the pawn shop was probably caused by me being me.

There are some things I will never share on the forums mainly because they are so ridiculous that I would need to have evidence to proof them and I dont.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Doubleme said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

@BlairReid & @Cammykaze why don't you open up a new thread where you can both debate/argue your points of view. At least that would stop @Doubleme thinking his original post has generated a lot of interest.

One of his least successful bits of fiction occurred during a UKOPS, some time ago.
    The site crashed in the middle of a tourney he was playing.
    He wrote a massive post claiming all sorts.
    I intend to use a little poetic licence, but you will get the gist of it.
    He claimed he was in third position when the site crashed.
    When it was back up and running he was 740th.
    Had lost nearly all his chips.
    His life was ruined for ever.
    He intended to sue Sky for £9 million.
    His GP had been forced to up the dosage on his valium.
    He and his girlfriend (if she exists) had found it necessary to order 9 takeaways from Deliveroo, in order to offset the depression that had immediately set in.
    He would fail his degree, as a result.
    Would never be the same again.
    And just to rub salt in his wounds, his girlfriend (if she exists) blurted out her Mothers maiden name to yet another Deliveroo driver.

Then lo and behold.
    Someone else who was in the same tourney posted the following.
    He was in fourth when the site crashed.
    Doubleme wasnt in third.
    He was still in fourth when the site got back and running.
    He didnt lose a single chip.

Oops.

A rather humiliating apology followed.
    The court case that was likely to wipe Johnny Depp, and The Wags, from the front pages was cancelled.
    All the Sky staff breathed a sigh of relief, knowing their futures had been secured.

What the heck are you on about I never threatened to sue sky this is all mostly made up gibberish.

Poetic licence-look it up.
    Also pots, and kettles.
    You have some ba lls accusing other people of posting made up gibberish.
    I am glad you are not disputing that you made the story up.

I have held of my own date of birth on the forums so maybe by that logic I dont exist.
    At some point in the future I may very well attend an SPT in which case it is likely my girlfriend will come with me. She really does not like you now Haysie.

That has cut me to the quick (if she exists).

Having a girlfriend or boyfriend is not a rare achievement that few accomplish. However for some people it is and this sort of person lives a lonely life and be quite depressive. Now I am not that person, Yes my girlfriend is real.
    However if I was actually making her up would that not be quite concerning how would it help to belittle me in that spot?

Why would it bother you at all, if she exists?

I cant speak for everyone that takes table abuse and I dont claim to be a saint I really try not to get nasty at the tables but everyone can snap eventually if bad enough luck or bad day etc. The thing is it really does not help the site I knew of one guy who I introduced to this site who played one night then quit because he said he got a lot of abuse at the table and everyone was having a go at him for playing wrong.

How is this pertinent?

for those that speculated on me having mental health issues Nope I do not and If I did I would never share that on a public forum. Not sure if I have or have not mentioned an anxiety issue like some have allured to however I have never been diagnosed with anything to do with anxiety, it is true I can be more anxious then most (or so I think how can one know) but never been daignosed.

Not guilty.

I like to be silly and I like to go for totally bizare what the heck sillies sometimes.

And?

Haysie seems to like to take what I write and twist it add to it take stuff away or edit it some other way.

How?
    I think you make up stories, and post them as though they were true.

I have had a number of unique experiences part of it may be since I can be unique myself I attract it eg the airplane thing had nothing to do with me I only wittnessed that but been dragged out of the pawn shop was probably caused by me being me.

The story about the po rn man on the plane was not believable.
    The timing of your pawn shop tour of America may suggest that you were terrorising armed security guards while in short trousers.
    I am saying this as you are in the latter stages of your degree studies, you have been with your girlfriend (if she exists) for three and a quarter years, and the incident occurred long before you met her.

There are some things I will never share on the forums mainly because they are so ridiculous that I would need to have evidence to proof them and I dont.
    You have made up stories.
    I dont intend to continue these time consuming silly arguments with you.
    Taking the pi55 out of you is not even a challenge, when you post stuff like the below as though it was a serious response, when it is absolutely ridiculous.
    Other than responding tonanyone disputing my last couple of posts, I intend to avoid your threads in future.
    So good luck to you and your girlfriend that hates me (if she exists).

yes but then people get her first name at an SPT event and or hear her surname mentioned. Then on one occasion they hear the mothers maiden name and bang they got all they need. Its pretty easy to gather someones personal details over time to do identify theft with. I have been a victim of this before.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,133

@Doubleme

Morning Mr Doubleme.

A word in your ear. HAYSIE is a good friend of mine, & I love him to bits, but when he puts these sort of posts up, DON'T BITE.

When you, your GF & Winni turn up at an SPT I'll introduce you to him, & you'll get on fine.

I'm not going to defend him, & I know you can look after yourself, but he is an elderly Welsh gentleman in his mid 70's who has seen better days, if you get my drift.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Doubleme

Morning Mr Doubleme.

A word in your ear. HAYSIE is a good friend of mine, & I love him to bits, but when he puts these sort of posts up, DON'T BITE.

When you, your GF & Winni turn up at an SPT I'll introduce you to him, & you'll get on fine.

I'm not going to defend him, & I know you can look after yourself, but he is an elderly Welsh gentleman in his mid 70's who has seen better days, if you get my drift.

Much better days.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Tikay10 said:

@Doubleme

Morning Mr Doubleme.

I have leapt to his defence a few times (maybe been too quick to act) however he is handling all-comers well on his own on the forum and on the tables. I don't know Doubleme or have engaged a word with him outwith light table talk however he is doing a masterful job.

I hope to see him with his Winni's at a SPT at some stage of my career. :)
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Do you actually believe your behaviour was acceptable?

Which behaviour?
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

Tikay10 said:

@Doubleme

Morning Mr Doubleme.

I have leapt to his defence a few times (maybe been too quick to act) however he is handling all-comers well on his own on the forum and on the tables. I don't know Doubleme or have engaged a word with him outwith light table talk however he is doing a masterful job.

You may wish to have a quick re-run through this thread.
    It currently runs to almost 4 pages.
    Most of the first 2 were taken up by your argument, that had nothing to do with the thread, and the comments were much more personal than any subsequent criticism of Doubleme.
    Were you to review the thread, I am certain that you would find that it does not follow the conclusions that you have made above, and that there is no massive queue of people ready to ridicule him at the drop of a hat.
    Some of those that are sticking up for him clearly acknowledge that at least some of his responses are ridiculous.

I can only speak for myself.
    I dont dislike him.
    I would take a dim view of anyone that posted fiction, and made out it was fact.
    All I consider that I have done is taken the **** out of the content of what he has posted.
    I have not attacked him personally.
    Or said anything that is derogatory about his girlfriend (if she exists).
    If what I have said isnt banter, then what is banter?
    It is convenient that you have tacked you comment onto a Tikay post.
    This post says that I am a good friend, before taking the pi55.
    The pi55 taking is like water off a ducks back.
    I would think there was something wrong if he didnt take the pi55.
    Every time I final table, I expect him to do it, and at every opportunity on the forum.
    However I dont become a drama queen over it, or sulk, or cry.

Everyone says Doublemes posts are silly.
    As I said elsewhere earlier, starting silly threads on a forum, and expecting no flak, is probably not a coherent plan.
    If someone starts what most people describe as silly threads on the forum, doesnt everyone have the right to express their opinion?
    In fact silly threads are likely to encourage a greater degree of criticism.

I dont find this thread humorous, interesting, or entertaining.
    Very few posts on it even relate to the topic of the thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

Tikay10 said:

@Doubleme

Morning Mr Doubleme.

You may wish to have a quick re-run through this thread.
    It currently runs to almost 4 pages.
    Most of the first 2 were taken up by your argument, that had nothing to do with the thread, and the comments were much more personal than any subsequent criticism of Doubleme.
    Were you to review the thread, I am certain that you would find that it does not follow the conclusions that you have made above, and that there is no massive queue of people ready to ridicule him at the drop of a hat.
    Some of those that are sticking up for him clearly acknowledge that at least some of his responses are ridiculous.

I can only speak for myself.
    I dont dislike him.
    I would take a dim view of anyone that posted fiction, and made out it was fact.
    All I consider that I have done is taken the **** out of the content of what he has posted.
    I have not attacked him personally.
    Or said anything that is derogatory about his girlfriend (if she exists).
    If what I have said isnt banter, then what is banter?
    It is convenient that you have tacked you comment onto a Tikay post.
    This post says that I am a good friend, before taking the pi55.
    The pi55 taking is like water off a ducks back.
    I would think there was something wrong if he didnt take the pi55.
    Every time I final table, I expect him to do it, and at every opportunity on the forum.
    However I dont become a drama queen over it, or sulk, or cry.

Everyone says Doublemes posts are silly.
    As I said elsewhere earlier, starting silly threads on a forum, and expecting no flak, is probably not a coherent plan.
    If someone starts what most people describe as silly threads on the forum, doesnt everyone have the right to express their opinion?
    In fact silly threads are likely to encourage a greater degree of criticism.

I dont find this thread humorous, interesting, or entertaining.
    Very few posts on it even relate to the topic of the thread.
    I also think that the fact that @TheEdge949 has also been getting it from some quarters, is far worse than me getting it.
    He was getting it for merely saying "I worry about you".
    How can a man who is a Carer, Churchgoer, and helps out in a Foodbank justifiably be accused of having a malicious intent in respect of the above quote.
    The truth is he probably meant it.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    No idea why my names in this!