You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Derby County takeover collapsed? No surprise there.

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Nobody will come out of this well especially Quantum and the EFL , its got to be depressing for the fans and for such a historic club and city..got to feel for them :'(
  • Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    😢 a Derby game against Leicester just doesn't have same kudos. Hope Ashley gets the sheep out the ****
  • Options
    Went to Derby today my lad lives their , went to the Neptune @Jac35 , not realising it was a DCFC pub , proper pub with a real hardcore Derby supporters in there it was full my lad had his Stoke top on we were welcomed with open arms , wouldn't have happend 20 years ago , paraphanalia all over the pub even a turnstyle in the back while having a smoke , everyone i spoke to were dismayed about their situation and all will follow their club to the depths to where ever they end up , it wasn't nice seeing fans of another club being in their situation , we're all the same at the end of the day and your club matters
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    stokefc said:

Went to Derby today my lad lives their , went to the Neptune @Jac35 , not realising it was a DCFC pub , proper pub with a real hardcore Derby supporters in there it was full my lad had his Stoke top on we were welcomed with open arms , wouldn't have happend 20 years ago , paraphanalia all over the pub even a turnstyle in the back while having a smoke , everyone i spoke to were dismayed about their situation and all will follow their club to the depths to where ever they end up , it wasn't nice seeing fans of another club being in their situation , we're all the same at the end of the day and your club matters

They’re nice words mate

Yeah the Neptune is real old school
    You always see the Neptune England flag when the Barmy Army are in Australia too

I think all proper fans feel the same way
    We know what it’s like supporting your team and you realise how it would feel if it’s your team when you see clubs like Bury going under

Now it’s our turn.
    I think most Derby fans have always secretly felt that we’d end up getting out of this. But that confidence is ebbing away.
    The administrators have been disgustingly bad and the EFL have wanted to Fxxk us for a long time now
    As an example, to take Middlesbroughs spurious claims seriously was incredible
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

"experienced difficulties transferring the money".....
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

"experienced difficulties transferring the money".....

It was either a bank holiday somewhere in the world or he just hasn't got it , he was going to buy Preston a few months back but they saw what was coming so pulled out , the guys's a fraud
    I know Derby is a different situation than Preston they're desperate but the EFL should have seen this coming , heads should roll
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    The EFL is not fit for purpose. So many clubs, fans, communities let down over the years.
    They put rules in place, then don’t enforce them. I think Derby will be lucky, in that they are big enough to attract a buyer, but the biggest problem is the club not owning the ground. That’s going to be a tough workaround.
  • Options
    pompeynic said:

The EFL is not fit for purpose. So many clubs, fans, communities let down over the years.
    They put rules in place, then don’t enforce them. I think Derby will be lucky, in that they are big enough to attract a buyer, but the biggest problem is the club not owning the ground. That’s going to be a tough workaround.

We’re fairly confident that David Clowes is buying the ground
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

pompeynic said:

We’re fairly confident that David Clowes is buying the ground
    @Jac35

There's a man who does have the money.
  • Options
  • Options
    Confirmed purchase of Pride Park

It’s a good start
  • Options

Great news @Jac35

I reckon you'll be OK now.
  • Options
    Great news for the sheep and Forest Green Rovers on Dec 17th GL
  • Options
    thefall said:

Great news for the sheep and Forest Green Rovers on Dec 17th GL

I’m at work that day
    Maybe i could get them to change it to the 18th for me
    Maybe if i do 19 boring threads all saying the same thing it may help my case
  • Options
    Arrrh bless you my friend enjoy your season xx
  • Options

"Rooney's Derby County"? Not any more.

Wayne Rooney has told troubled Derby County that he wishes to be "relieved of his duties as first-team manager" with immediate effect.

The 36-year-old's contract with the club had another year to run.

The Rams have been in administration since September last year and were relegated to League One last season.

"I feel the club now needs to be led by someone with fresh energy and not affected by events that have happened over the last 18 months," he said.
  • Options
    Hope he doesn't abuse the freedom he has of the city.
  • Options
    It’s never dull
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Pleased for the fans. It’s no fun watching something you’ve invested time , money and lots of emotions into, being ripped apart in front of your eyes, and you can’t do anything about it.
    It will be interesting to see how they build back.