You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

$40k profit in 6 months

ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
edited June 2022 in Poker Chat
£0-33 buyins

$40k profit in 6 months 47 votes

1-25%
27%
eon1961goldnballzDoooobsCammykazeDuesenbergEssexphilToffeeandyLittleGJmadprofMorris707Tweaks7Asho28Mspiller 13 votes
25-50%
12%
spearsy136mumsiePKRPardarryn1973DivsDreamsAllan23 6 votes
50-100%
12%
sighcallSidV79daldo17Danyo0destinycodaj880 6 votes
no chance
46%
Dazlerwaller02Shrimpy28TheEdge949JACKDAWdaggers747smith1408Jac35craigcu12HiJokercomeon123flashgormkapowblamzclaudel9cabbazloosecamelNOSTRIgregkdy82Spike4000bakersdoze 22 votes

Comments

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    no chance
    It's bit paradoxical to say non elite and then attempt something that even the super elite would likely not be able to achieve.

Good luck tho, of course.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,957
    1-25%
    A lot will depend on how many tournaments, size of field, ability and luck.

At the lower end of 1-25%
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    1-25%
    It sounds like a fun challenge but, as an elite player, I don't fit the criteria :(
  • ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    If you vote no chance or close to it, whats the limit of possible profit in 6 months?I will be starting a challenge in july but just gathering some feedback. Probably around 1500 games a month.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    1-25%
    Arrogant said:

If you vote no chance or close to it, whats the limit of possible profit in 6 months?I will be starting a challenge in july but just gathering some feedback. Probably around 1500 games a month.

If it was March 2020, I think you'd have a reasonable chance of hitting a £50k target. Given the current low level of traffic on the site (with little reason to think that will improve), I'd guess at around £35k being the ceiling, maybe £40k if you run extremely well. Excluding £110's makes it a bigger ask too imo.
  • loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    no chance
    You taking sidebets Arro?
    Challenge would include all sites not just sky.Id say sky only would be impossible.
    Side bet maybe, will depend on how much profit i go for.
    edited June 2022
    no chance
    If all sites I think very possible w abi ~£20 in 9k games.

Still unlikely tho.
    More likely to be £15 abi and allowance to sat into some higher games ($109s).I think if i played too high there would be bad months that kill my chances.
    I would also not be including rakeback.
  • Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 491
    edited June 2022
    40 mtts per night, 6 nights per week, 26 weeks, ABI £15. You'll need an average of 55% ROI. Possible on soft sites and some run average or run good.
    no chance
    Arrogant said:

More likely to be £15 abi and allowance to sat into some higher games ($109s).I think if i played too high there would be bad months that kill my chances.
    I would also not be including rakeback.

35k seems like a slightly more realistic challenge w 15abi. 1.5k games/m going to be a bigger challenge though imo.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    no chance
    Oh if you're including all other sites that changes things completely. It is doable but I would certainly be backing the under.
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,529
    definitely possible if you play stars and gg etc. biggest issue is the reg 55s are tough games nowadays on stars. would need to play alot on be on you A-B game alot. if you abi £20 -30 and have a roi near 35 - 50% then yeah it should not be too tough if you can spam the volume
  • roddy28roddy28 Member Posts: 31
    Who gives a **** just do it or don't, no need to to make a song and dance about it.
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    no chance
    No chance, sky is weak but it's MTTs are far too small in guarentees to get 50K in short term
    ON other sites it is possible but the fields are way tougher, you certainly can't respect the aggression as easily as you can on sky.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,770
    edited June 2022
    craigcu12 said:

No chance, sky is weak but it's MTTs are far too small in guarentees to get 50K in short term
    ON other sites it is possible but the fields are way tougher, you certainly can't respect the aggression as easily as you can on sky.

@craigcu12

He already stated that. It includes Sky but is not limited to Sky, see post by @Arrogant further up;

"Challenge would include all sites not just sky.Id say sky only would be impossible".
  • Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 491
    roddy28 said:

Who gives a **** just do it or don't, no need to to make a song and dance about it.

Did you not see OP's name?

A better question is why bother? OP will probably have to grind 1,500-2,000 hours for £25-£30 per hour. There's easier ways to make that hourly. Not to mention time lost that could be put towards profitable study time.
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    1-25%
    Don't mean be be awkward however the question is really quite vague.

Are you talking about yourself in this poll?

What is a non-elite and elite player in your eyes?

Only tourneys? How many hours would the player or players be grinding per week/month or for those 6 months?

Going on the info given it's a no chance to less than 3% to throw a number at it. Would like to give a more accurate and reasoned reply however that's what I have at the moment.
    itsover4you, I think if it was stars and gg only there would be a chance of completing challenge in a couple of months or being down money after 6 months just because of the field sizes. Think it will take a mix of some big fields and smaller ones.
    Putting in many hours isnt tough, but playing to the standard to beat the fields for that many hours is.

Only tournaments. Non elite being someone who profits in $55 and under games. The poll was not about me but if you think a low/mid stakes winning player could make 50k in 6 months playing all site he chooses and for however many hours needed while still living in good condition.
  • bakersdozebakersdoze Member Posts: 19
    no chance
    Will be interesting to see how it goes, GL with it.