You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

$40k profit in 6 months

Comments

• Options
    ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    Alright its on.Ive decided on 40k profit in 6 months and max buy of 33 bucks/pounds.Pretty much all sites. Im gonna be trying to do regular updates on twitter @Bridler100 but can also do some here and answer questions on it.

• Options
    SwogSwog Member Posts: 482
    gl @Arrogant

Where will you be playing most of your volume besides Sky?

Might be worth changing the title to reflect the change to 40k n 6 months max BI 33.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    25-50%
    Good luck Arrogant - plan on streaming any of it to drum up some interest?
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 505
    Gl. Will be interesting to learn how this impacts your wellbeing. Grinding 10-14 hours per day during unsociable hours for 5-6 days per week will be tough.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    1-25%
    Arrogant said:

Alright its on.Ive decided on 40k profit in 6 months and max buy of 33 bucks/pounds.Pretty much all sites. Im gonna be trying to do regular updates on twitter @Bridler100 but can also do some here and answer questions on it.

Very best of luck with this! This has good potential. 👍
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083

Will follow with interest, GL Mr Arrogant.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    1-25%
    Arrogant said:

You do realise that you have lowered your profit target by 20%, and your maximum buy-in by 40% (£) and c.50% ($)?

It's still got over a 1% chance. But to give yourself a realistic shot, you (or anybody) are going to need to play your "A"-game in about £1,000-worth of MTTs per day, 6 days a week. That looks like over 50 MTTs a day. For 6 months.

Good luck.
  • Options
    JACKDAWJACKDAW Member Posts: 934
    no chance
    Good luck with this bud.
    Like others have mentioned, i will be interested to see if the increased flow effects your overall game
  • Options
    Thanks for well wishes.
    It will be many hours and tough mentally but i will be sure to take one day off a week and do things that will help recovery.

Streaming? I think probably not as 15 tabling with trying to interact with an audience seems like too much stress load. I think the challenge it self will attract interest over time especially once i start updates of progress.
    Thats one reason i made it max of 33 so more players can relate and maybe try replicate the challenge or mini versions of it.

The other reason for making it max 33 is i probably cant get away with mass tabling and playing 44s and 55s like i can do in lower buyins, so its kind of volume over quality of play. I do have allowance to sat into higher games so there will be some shots of big scores.

The schedule is a hard one to work out but at the start I think we will try play smaller field stuff in the week and weekends mega fields. So mainly gg and party in the week and Sunday add stars to try get in Sunday mill and some others.

How do people judge what level of game they are playing? Because of a tournament win or losing day? Interested in thoughts on this.
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    1-25%
    Sounds like an almighty challenge that you have set yourself, but will certainly be following with interest.

Best of luck @Arrogant
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Make a clean thread and update if it is not too much hassle id be keen to follow. Personally I think you will do it unless you hit some sort of horrid run. If you can play enough to get the monthly rb on stars then that will make it a chunk easier as it will be like +5k at the end of the year
  • Options
    Yeh i may start a new thread. Ive adjusted it to $40k not pound didnt even realise £40k is close to 50k$.
    I wont be including rakeback so it should still be a tough challenge. Checked quite a few regulars on stars and gg who play similar stakes and they are not even reaching 40k for the year.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Would pay to runs sats into the bigger Sunday mtts also as the fields are super fish heavy
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited June 2022
    1-25%
    for the record I believe you have more than a 25% chance to do this Arrogant. Would have this even down as 40 - 50%.

Edit - IF you are the grinder that I think you are and are set on this. Routing for you to do this!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I won 3 tickets into the Sunday mill last Sunday but busted 2 of them with no kos.Ill be in the mill again this weekend and get in a few other big events.Doing well in one of these tournaments at some point will be required to complete the challenge.

Made a few final tables so far but no wins when first place has been in 1-2k range.Down money but havent grinded too hard yet.Just warming up.

The toughest challenge so far will be choosing what to play this Sunday with so many options including series starting at 888 and ggpoker.Too many times i overload on a Sunday and can get up to 30 tables and have to autopilot till i get on a lower table count.Its funny cus u end up hoping to bust tournaments when you get in this situation but i try to never bust from an error.

• Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited July 2022
    no chance
    Its an open ended question, if your a lucky git yes but if your a hard working one no. Telling who thinks it is though lol. Either your one thats doing it or one that dreams of it. I wonder who checked out the ones that think it is possible lol
  • Options

@Arrogant

Pleased to note you've banked two wins on Sky Poker this week.

How is it going overall?
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    1-25%
    When I originally saw this, I was thinking it was possible, but difficult (probably top end of 0-25). If you are allowing yourself to Sat into the Million and play it on this challenge then it becomes much more possible. I think it os higher variance, but probably low end of 25-50. I still think making $40k in 6 months on any online poker is pretty tough these days (it is where I was 10 years ago, and am way less than that now).

I'd just expand the size of tournament you can play though. From playing you, you can likely hold your own in the Sunday main on Sky, so just include it. Playing 5 £20 sats and then playing the main just seems a bit of a waste of time when your total cost of paying the Million/Sky Major is much the same as it would be without playing the Sats.
  • Options
    Just finished pre loading all games i will be playing tonight after a 12 hour grind yesterday.1 2nd £250, 1 3rd $300, 2 5th's $400 and £100 for a loss of around £70.For Sunday a good result but could of easily been a big winning day.

I'm down so far on the challenge.Most days have been a lot of deep runs and a lot of tilting ends.Last week i got 10th in the same tournament 2 days in a row when there were 350ish runners.

The Sunday mill?I've managed to sat into it every week but not just one ticket, at least 2.I have fired both tickets every week and i'm yet to cash it.For the buy in size its the weakest tournament on the internet but its a once in a life time event to win it.

Of course i believe i have an edge in these big majors like one here, sun mill, gg masters but at these size buyins you can lose a lot of cash real quick and never hit one of these in a year.
    But its ok having a cap of £33, as with sat options for all site majors I will be winning seats to these most weekends like i did last night in which i cashed in none.

I will post an end of month graph @Bridler100. I also have a giveaway that ends on Sunday.

Cheers
  • Options
    Just to clarify, that @Bridler100 is a TWITTER addy, not Sky Poker.