You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,952
edited August 2022 in The Rail
Unprofessional, inept, incompetent, spring to mind.

I phoned them a couple of months ago.
I was having problems with my remote.
If I was rewinding or fast forwarding through adverts, the pause button didnt work, so I went too far.
This was really annoying.
The guy I spoke said if we got cut off he would call me back.
We did get cut off.
I havent heard from him from that day to this.

On the 9th June I accessed my latest bill.
When checking the bill I was able to access my July bill.
The July bill included an increase of £15.
I phoned them on the 10th June.
The advisor explained the reason for the increase was that my current deals had run out.
I received no notification of this.
While speaking to this advisor, I was able to reduce my monthly bill from £69.50 to £45.
This was for exactly the same package.
Whilst speaking to him I asked for a quote on broadband.
I am currently with Now TV.
They have increased my monthly bill by a tenner despite the fact that I am within my contracted period.
I committed myself to the Sky Broadband contract and a visit by an engineer was booked for the 24th June.
The engineer just didnt turn up.
Sky didnt inform me beforehand.

During the time I was speaking to the advisor, on the 10th of June, I received a total of 6 emails, regarding the new deal, and the additional broadband.
I checked the contents of the emails while he was still on the phone.
To initially access this advisor had taken 20 minutes on hold to speak to someone else, and a further 20 minutes on hold before speaking to the correct person.
The phone call took in total well over an hour.
One of the 6 emails I received said that I had to get in touch with the switch squad, and gave me a contact number, because there was a problem.
I relayed this information to the guy that I was speaking to.
He clearly said that there was no need, and he would deal with it.
My previous dealings with Sky encouraged me to confirm this a total of 3 times before letting him go.
I became suspicious before the engineer appointment time, as there had been no contact, which is not normally the case.

I phoned on 25th June to find out why the engineer didnt turn up.
Another 20 minutes on hold before speaking to a human being, and a transfer to someone else with a bit more on hold.
This advisor told me categorically that the engineer hadnt turned up because I had failed to phone the switch squad.
I explained that the previous advisor had told me that there was no need.
He advised me that the reason that my order for broadband was put on hold, was because I had requested that my current landline number was transferred.
He stated that Now TV were refusing to transfer the number.
He went a little further and added that this was due to a dispute between NowTV and Sky, and that they may transfer the number to an alternative supplier, rather than Sky, so if I wished to retain the number I may wish to use an alternative supplier, rather than Sky.
This seemed strange as I was under the impression that Sky owned NowTV.
Although confirmation of this differs from one Sky adviser to another.
I have had this number for more than 25 years, and was reluctant to let it go.
Nevertheless I agreed to accept a new number in order to resolve the problem.
Another engineer appointment was booked for the 13th of July.

I received a load of confirmation texts from Openreach regarding the engineers visit on Monday 11th.
Later that day I questioned why I was accepting this.

I subsequently phoned NowTV.
The call lasted less than 5 minutes.
I asked why they were refusing to transfer my number to Sky.
They said they werent, and added that in fact it was illegal to refuse to transfer the number.

Armed with this information I phoned Sky the same day which was Monday the 11th.
Cutting a long story short.
They said that they would have to cancel the order.
Cancel the engineer.
Re-do the order, phone me back in a couple of days, rebook the engineer.

This didnt go according to plan.
The order was not re-done.
Nobody phoned me back.
The engineer actually turned up.
Sky sent me a sorry you are intending to leave Sky email on Friday.

Openreach had continued to send me confirmation texts on Tuesday 12th.
I replied, pointing out that Sky should have cancelled the appointment.
Despite this, he still turned up.
While he was here he phoned Sky.
They promised that they would phone me on Friday morning.
Surprise surprise nobody phoned.

I waited until 5pm, before phoning them.
I decided to phone the number that they had given me for the switch squad, in the email regarding the problem with my order.
The phone calls tire you out as each time you speak to a human being you have to go through security, and give them all your details, as well as retell your story.
Despite phoning the switch squad number, I was told that I was speaking to the wrong person three times, and transferred each time to the correct person.
On each occasion I was transferred to the wrong person.
The last person I was transferred to was a TV engineer that was working from home, who was surprised that I had been transferred to him.
When he was transferring me yet again, I gave up, and put the phone down.
So I am none the wiser as to where we stand.
This thread could run and run.

The only plus side is that one of them sent me out a new remote foc.
It works perfectly.
However, had we been able to establish that I needed a new one, I would have bought one months ago.

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,023
    The big companies are all the same bl00dy hopeless. My Gas and Electric have been supplied by British Gas for the past 30 odd years. A month ago I had a letter from BG saying 'We're sorry you're leaving us' and they'll stop supplying my energy on 29th June 2022. I hadn't asked to leave BG and wondered what the letter was about. After countless e-mails & Facebook messages asking them to explain what the letter was about,they finally responded. They said I must've requested the change,I told them that I hadn't,they then said they'll try and look into it as it was a strange situation.

They eventually found out that Octopus Energy were due to take over suppling my energy,again I assured them that I hadn't asked for the switch. BG said they couldn't cancel the change as it originated from Octopus and I'd have to get in touch with them,more e-mails to Octopus. They denied anything about the switch and it wasn't anything to do with them and they weren't taking over my supply,so they couldn't cancel the change either,so I was stuck in limbo. I then received a letter from Octopus stating the following.

Hello, You might not know us,We're an electricity and gas supplier called Octopus Energy,and this is a little awkward- we recently discovered we've been supplying you gas meter by mistake. We're working with your original energy supplier to get you switched back to them as soon as possible. On 30th June we let them know that we'd taken over your gas supply in error. We should hear back from them within the next 15 working days. Your original supplier has to respond to us,either 'accepting' or 'rejecting' our proposal. We'll be in touch to update you with their response in the next 20 working days. We're really sorry for the trouble this has caused. We're doing everything we can to get you switched back.

What a totally useless,inept company Octopus Energy seem to be but if BG refuse to restart suppling my gas I'll be stuck with Octopus, it seems to me like a good way for them to recruit new customers.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,159
    @HAYSIE

Hi Tony...... cancel SKY altogether quoting all your reasons above, wait two weeks, and you will get an even better deal from the Retentions Team :)
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,590
    lucy4 said:

The big companies are all the same bl00dy hopeless. My Gas and Electric have been supplied by British Gas for the past 30 odd years. A month ago I had a letter from BG saying 'We're sorry you're leaving us' and they'll stop supplying my energy on 29th June 2022. I hadn't asked to leave BG and wondered what the letter was about. After countless e-mails & Facebook messages asking them to explain what the letter was about,they finally responded. They said I must've requested the change,I told them that I hadn't,they then said they'll try and look into it as it was a strange situation.

They eventually found out that Octopus Energy were due to take over suppling my energy,again I assured them that I hadn't asked for the switch. BG said they couldn't cancel the change as it originated from Octopus and I'd have to get in touch with them,more e-mails to Octopus. They denied anything about the switch and it wasn't anything to do with them and they weren't taking over my supply,so they couldn't cancel the change either,so I was stuck in limbo. I then received a letter from Octopus stating the following.

Hello, You might not know us,We're an electricity and gas supplier called Octopus Energy,and this is a little awkward- we recently discovered we've been supplying you gas meter by mistake. We're working with your original energy supplier to get you switched back to them as soon as possible. On 30th June we let them know that we'd taken over your gas supply in error. We should hear back from them within the next 15 working days. Your original supplier has to respond to us,either 'accepting' or 'rejecting' our proposal. We'll be in touch to update you with their response in the next 20 working days. We're really sorry for the trouble this has caused. We're doing everything we can to get you switched back.

What a totally useless,inept company Octopus Energy seem to be but if BG refuse to restart suppling my gas I'll be stuck with Octopus, it seems to me like a good way for them to recruit new customers.

I had exactly the same problem a few years ago. It took ages to resolve.

It is apparently all about the customer numbering system. If someone else is applying for service and they accidentally get one digit wrong you can get unintentionally lumbered.

Good luck.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,952
    lucy4 said:

Beggars belief.
    Good luck with it.
    edited August 2022
    MISTY4ME said:

@HAYSIE

Hi Tony...... cancel SKY altogether quoting all your reasons above, wait two weeks, and you will get an even better deal from the Retentions Team :)

I am not really interested in screwing them for every penny I can get out of them.
    I would be happy with a fair deal, and a decent level of customer service.
    I do also benefit from being a VIP member, which wouldnt apply if I cancelled my contract every five minutes.

They are funny.
    None of the email addresses I have for Sky accept replies.
    I noticed yesterday that their complaints department does.
    I therefore copied and pasted the above post, and sent it off to them.
    I immediately got an automated response confirming they had received the email.
    Sometime later, I received an additional email.
    This one suggested that they had tried to call me, although my phone had not rung all morning.
    The email suggested that I should contact them, and included a phone number.
    They pointed out that if I failed to contact them within 28 days, my case would be closed.
    So I phoned the number.
    I got a recorded message saying the office was open Monday to Friday.
    It wouldnt surprise me if they didnt know that yesterday was Sunday.
    I sent another email asking for an alternative phone number.
    This was ignored.
    What benefits are there for being a VIP member? .......I've been one for 11 years apparently, despite cancelling altogether twice in that time.

The only thing I've ever got from VIP membership in 11 years, is one free film, and you should point out to SKY that it certainly doesn't seem like they're treating you very well, considering you're a VIP member ;):D
    MISTY4ME said:

What benefits are there for being a VIP member? .......I've been one for 11 years apparently, despite cancelling altogether twice in that time.

The only thing I've ever got from VIP membership in 11 years, is one free film, and you should point out to SKY that it certainly doesn't seem like they're treating you very well, considering you're a VIP member ;):D

I am a Diamond VIP member.
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

....and what extra benefits do you get for being a DIAMOND GEEZER? :D

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

You can see all the offers by clicking on the Sky VIP tab, under My Sky, on your telly.
    I have got 3 months Apple plus free.
    The Discovery plus app free for 12 months..
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

You can see all the offers by clicking on the Sky VIP tab, under My Sky, on your telly.
    I have got 3 months Apple plus free.
    The Discovery plus app free for 12 months..
    The package I currently have also gives me free access to the Paramount app.
    MISTY4ME said:

Also the guy I spoke to on June 10th knocked a bit off my bill.
    The July bill was supposed to be £69.50, and they only charged me £20.
    This is not me sticking up for them.
    They are still incompetent.
    I cant be bothered to ring them today, and spoil such a nice day.
    However I have sent them a number of emails.
    I have heard nothing yet.
    Probably too hot to reply to any emails.
    I will persevere.
    Fortunately there is no real rush.
    Just sent another 6.
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I will persevere.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

GOOD LUCK and WELL DONE yesterday :D
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I will persevere.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

Thanks.
    There goes another 6.
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I will persevere.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

They phoned me tonight.
    Should be sorted now.
    Only took sending about 35 copies of the same email.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I will persevere.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

They phoned me tonight.
    Should be sorted now.
    ONLY 35? Tony, you are slacking
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I will persevere.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

They phoned me tonight.
    Should be sorted now.
    ONLY 35? Tony, you are slacking
    Ok maybe it was just a couple more than that.
    edited August 2022
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I will persevere.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

I couldnt say that it is strictly going according to plan.
    On Monday I eventually received a phone call.
    The guy apologised profusely, and assured me that I now have Skys top team working on my behalf.
    He maintained that the normal customer services were locked out of my account, and that no stone would be left unturned in an effort to resolve my problem.
    He seemed confident of a speedy resolution.
    One concerning factor was that he seemed determined to squeeze the phrase "if I am being honest" into the conversation, as often as possible.
    This just made me question whether he was, or not.
    He seemed determined to put me at ease, and promised a phone call on Tuesday at any time to suit me.
    I pointed out that I was retired, and that any time would be fine.
    He maintained that they were the Sky top team, and didnt do that.
    They book appointments for phone calls to suit customers.
    I said 10am.
    He said ok lets make it between 10, and 11am.
    They phoned just after 1.30 pm.
    So I didnt feel like I was a priority.
    The lady that phoned completely failed to explain the problem.
    I did gather that on occasion the transfer of a phone number fails.
    Although I wasnt able to understand the reason for this.
    She promised a further phone call on Wednesday.
    I didnt see any point in attempting to agree a time, as this was likely to cause disappointment.
    After all I am retired, and pretty flexible.
    The claim that the Sky top team always book appointments for phone calls to suit customers, seems somewhat exaggerated, and perhaps an example of where the first guy wasnt being honest.
    Another different person called.
    Straight off the bat he said "I believe you are contemplating an alternative supplier".
    I replied that this was not the case.
    He immediately followed up with a further untrue statement, to which I again replied that this was incorrect.
    He apologised for the second time, and stated that he had misread the notes.
    He conveyed no sense of urgency.
    He didnt seem bothered about whether the situation was resolved or not, or how long it was likely to take.
    He informed me that nothing had really changed since the previous day, but it might by today.
    In which case I would get a call sometime today.
    I didnt press for a time.
    He stated that if there was no change by today, I would get a call tomorrow, rather than today.
    I am therefore not expecting a call today.
    Although emailing this post to them may change that.
    You would think that Skys top team would include people that were able to read notes.
    Or at least those that could be bothered to read the customer notes, and understand the situation, prior to making contact.
    I do have a better understanding of why we are where we are today, as if this is the best that Sky have to offer, it says a lot about the quality of the normal customer service team.
    The intervention of Skys top team has left me none the wiser.
    The notes on your SKY account must go ON & ON & ON ........ & ON & ON & ON ;):)
    GOOD LUCK by the way :)
    MISTY4ME said:

The notes on your SKY account must go ON & ON & ON ........ & ON & ON & ON ;):)

I think they do.
    War and Peace.
    MISTY4ME said:

GOOD LUCK by the way :)

Thankyou.