You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky.

2»

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,836
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

What benefits are there for being a VIP member? .......I've been one for 11 years apparently, despite cancelling altogether twice in that time.

The only thing I've ever got from VIP membership in 11 years, is one free film, and you should point out to SKY that it certainly doesn't seem like they're treating you very well, considering you're a VIP member ;):D

Also the guy I spoke to on June 10th knocked a bit off my bill.
    The July bill was supposed to be £69.50, and they only charged me £20.
    This is not me sticking up for them.
    They are still incompetent.
    I cant be bothered to ring them today, and spoil such a nice day.
    However I have sent them a number of emails.
    I have heard nothing yet.
    Probably too hot to reply to any emails.
    I will persevere.
    Fortunately there is no real rush.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

GOOD LUCK and WELL DONE yesterday :D
    I couldnt say that it is strictly going according to plan.
    On Monday I eventually received a phone call.
    The guy apologised profusely, and assured me that I now have Skys top team working on my behalf.
    He maintained that the normal customer services were locked out of my account, and that no stone would be left unturned in an effort to resolve my problem.
    He seemed confident of a speedy resolution.
    One concerning factor was that he seemed determined to squeeze the phrase "if I am being honest" into the conversation, as often as possible.
    This just made me question whether he was, or not.
    He seemed determined to put me at ease, and promised a phone call on Tuesday at any time to suit me.
    I pointed out that I was retired, and that any time would be fine.
    He maintained that they were the Sky top team, and didnt do that.
    They book appointments for phone calls to suit customers.
    I said 10am.
    He said ok lets make it between 10, and 11am.
    They phoned just after 1.30 pm.
    So I didnt feel like I was a priority.
    The lady that phoned completely failed to explain the problem.
    I did gather that on occasion the transfer of a phone number fails.
    Although I wasnt able to understand the reason for this.
    She promised a further phone call on Wednesday.
    I didnt see any point in attempting to agree a time, as this was likely to cause disappointment.
    After all I am retired, and pretty flexible.
    The claim that the Sky top team always book appointments for phone calls to suit customers, seems somewhat exaggerated, and perhaps an example of where the first guy wasnt being honest.
    Another different person called.
    Straight off the bat he said "I believe you are contemplating an alternative supplier".
    I replied that this was not the case.
    He immediately followed up with a further untrue statement, to which I again replied that this was incorrect.
    He apologised for the second time, and stated that he had misread the notes.
    He conveyed no sense of urgency.
    He didnt seem bothered about whether the situation was resolved or not, or how long it was likely to take.
    He informed me that nothing had really changed since the previous day, but it might by today.
    In which case I would get a call sometime today.
    I didnt press for a time.
    He stated that if there was no change by today, I would get a call tomorrow, rather than today.
    I am therefore not expecting a call today.
    Although emailing this post to them may change that.
    You would think that Skys top team would include people that were able to read notes.
    Or at least those that could be bothered to read the customer notes, and understand the situation, prior to making contact.
    I do have a better understanding of why we are where we are today, as if this is the best that Sky have to offer, it says a lot about the quality of the normal customer service team.
    The intervention of Skys top team has left me none the wiser.
    I havent sent the email yet.
    Nobody phoned.
    Exactly what I was expecting. I picture them feet up on their desks, drinking coffee, waiting for something to happen.
    Not a very proactive bunch.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

What benefits are there for being a VIP member? .......I've been one for 11 years apparently, despite cancelling altogether twice in that time.

The only thing I've ever got from VIP membership in 11 years, is one free film, and you should point out to SKY that it certainly doesn't seem like they're treating you very well, considering you're a VIP member ;):D

I will persevere.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

The guy apologised profusely, and assured me that I now have Skys top team working on my behalf.
    He maintained that the normal customer services were locked out of my account, and that no stone would be left unturned in an effort to resolve my problem.
    One concerning factor was that he seemed determined to squeeze the phrase "if I am being honest" into the conversation, as often as possible.
    He seemed determined to put me at ease, and promised a phone call on Tuesday at any time to suit me.
    I said 10am.
    I didnt see any point in attempting to agree a time, as this was likely to cause disappointment.
    The claim that the Sky top team always book appointments for phone calls to suit customers, seems somewhat exaggerated, and perhaps an example of where the first guy wasnt being honest.
    Straight off the bat he said "I believe you are contemplating an alternative supplier".
    He immediately followed up with a further untrue statement, to which I again replied that this was incorrect.
    He didnt seem bothered about whether the situation was resolved or not, or how long it was likely to take.
    He informed me that nothing had really changed since the previous day, but it might by today.
    He stated that if there was no change by today, I would get a call tomorrow, rather than today.
    You would think that Skys top team would include people that were able to read notes.
    Or at least those that could be bothered to read the customer notes, and understand the situation, prior to making contact.
    I do have a better understanding of why we are where we are today, as if this is the best that Sky have to offer, it says a lot about the quality of the normal customer service team.
    I havent sent the email yet.
    Nobody phoned.
    Exactly what I was expecting. I picture them feet up on their desks, drinking coffee, waiting for something to happen.
    Not a very proactive bunch.
    Just sent the email 7 times.
    I will get a call tomorrow.
    Cant wait.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,010
    edited July 2022
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I will persevere.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

I said 10am.
    I can't help but read this in a Clive James sardonic accent, it's straight out of his A Postcard From... series :D
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I will persevere.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

I said 10am.
    I can't help but read this in a Clive James sardonic accent, it's straight out of his A Postcard From... series :D
    I can see that.
    Unfortunately these guys dont seem to have a sense of humour.
    They are also probably too young to remember Clive James.
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I will persevere.
    Just sent another 6.
    ......ON & ON & ON

I said 10am.
    They havent quite given up on providing amusement yet.
    If it was someone elses problem, I would probably see the funny side.
    At 8.05 this morning I received a text.
    The text said, unfortunately, we are unable to complete your order, and gave me a phone number to call, to discuss further.
    I immediately phoned the number.
    I was somewhat surprised when I had to go through the usual nonsense.
    Obviously I am referring to the recorded message, that asks loads of question, and tries to convince you to put the phone down, log into the website, and try to sort your own problem out.
    I didnt give in, and persevered on the phone.
    After only being on hold for about 10 minutes, I got through to a human.
    He informed me that he couldnt get into my account.
    I said if that was the case he must just be a mere customer services person, and therefore not one of the elite team dealing with my problem.
    He said that I shouldnt have phoned that number.
    This was the number that the text told me to phone.
    He said that the other team should have given me a different number to call.
    So despite the fact the text specifically said phone this number to discuss further.
    I shouldnt have.
    I gave up.
    Perhaps they will phone me later.
    edited August 2022
    MISTY4ME said:

@HAYSIE

Hi Tony...... cancel SKY altogether quoting all your reasons above, wait two weeks, and you will get an even better deal from the Retentions Team :)

It appears the escalated complaints team havent a clue.
    An engineer was supposed to turn up today.
    I knew they wouldnt be coming, yesterday.
    Openreach always bog you down with text messages a day or two before they call.
    No texts yesterday meant they werent coming.
    Sky didnt bother to let me know.
    I phoned them.
    Went through all the usual rigmarole.
    Finally spoke to a human after 20 minutes on hold.
    They now have the audacity to give you five different music options that you can choose from, while life passes you by, on hold.
    I was speaking to the wrong human.
    They apologised, and threatened to transfer me to the correct human.
    A recorded message informed me that they were very busy, and cut me off.
    I didnt want to wait in all day today, so I phoned back.
    Went through the same rigmarole.
    The same on hold.
    Then another human.
    They confirmed no engineer was coming.
    Spoke to someone in customer services.
    They phoned me back, and confirmed that the problem was transferring my number.
    She categorically stated that even though this was an internal problem, none of the companies that provide fibre broadband would transfer it.
    So I had a clear choice of retaining my number, or fibre broadband, both were not possible.
    Phoned Vodafone this morning, they will transfer my number, and supply fibre broadband.
    Sky have lied all the way through.

Three engineers have been booked.
    What started off as a problem with transferring my number in early June, has ended in August as a problem with transferring my number.
    The escalated complaints team are as inept as the rest of them.
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

The big companies are all the same bl00dy hopeless. My Gas and Electric have been supplied by British Gas for the past 30 odd years. A month ago I had a letter from BG saying 'We're sorry you're leaving us' and they'll stop supplying my energy on 29th June 2022. I hadn't asked to leave BG and wondered what the letter was about. After countless e-mails & Facebook messages asking them to explain what the letter was about,they finally responded. They said I must've requested the change,I told them that I hadn't,they then said they'll try and look into it as it was a strange situation.

They eventually found out that Octopus Energy were due to take over suppling my energy,again I assured them that I hadn't asked for the switch. BG said they couldn't cancel the change as it originated from Octopus and I'd have to get in touch with them,more e-mails to Octopus. They denied anything about the switch and it wasn't anything to do with them and they weren't taking over my supply,so they couldn't cancel the change either,so I was stuck in limbo. I then received a letter from Octopus stating the following.

Hello, You might not know us,We're an electricity and gas supplier called Octopus Energy,and this is a little awkward- we recently discovered we've been supplying you gas meter by mistake. We're working with your original energy supplier to get you switched back to them as soon as possible. On 30th June we let them know that we'd taken over your gas supply in error. We should hear back from them within the next 15 working days. Your original supplier has to respond to us,either 'accepting' or 'rejecting' our proposal. We'll be in touch to update you with their response in the next 20 working days. We're really sorry for the trouble this has caused. We're doing everything we can to get you switched back.

What a totally useless,inept company Octopus Energy seem to be but if BG refuse to restart suppling my gas I'll be stuck with Octopus, it seems to me like a good way for them to recruit new customers.

Beggars belief.
    Good luck with it.
    I'm still caught up in the circus that is British Gas, I received yet another letter this week stating "We're sorry to see you go. If you have any questions about your account contact us". Here is your final statement 26th July 2022. You gave us your meter reading on 31 March 2022 - No I didn't. You gave us your meter reading on 14 May 2022 - No I didn't. You gave us your final meter reading on 29 June 2022 - No I didn't. Your account is now closed. You would think a multi billion pound company would actually know who it's customers were or weren't, totally useless company. I might actually change suppliers and see what they have to say then.
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

The big companies are all the same bl00dy hopeless. My Gas and Electric have been supplied by British Gas for the past 30 odd years. A month ago I had a letter from BG saying 'We're sorry you're leaving us' and they'll stop supplying my energy on 29th June 2022. I hadn't asked to leave BG and wondered what the letter was about. After countless e-mails & Facebook messages asking them to explain what the letter was about,they finally responded. They said I must've requested the change,I told them that I hadn't,they then said they'll try and look into it as it was a strange situation.

They eventually found out that Octopus Energy were due to take over suppling my energy,again I assured them that I hadn't asked for the switch. BG said they couldn't cancel the change as it originated from Octopus and I'd have to get in touch with them,more e-mails to Octopus. They denied anything about the switch and it wasn't anything to do with them and they weren't taking over my supply,so they couldn't cancel the change either,so I was stuck in limbo. I then received a letter from Octopus stating the following.

Hello, You might not know us,We're an electricity and gas supplier called Octopus Energy,and this is a little awkward- we recently discovered we've been supplying you gas meter by mistake. We're working with your original energy supplier to get you switched back to them as soon as possible. On 30th June we let them know that we'd taken over your gas supply in error. We should hear back from them within the next 15 working days. Your original supplier has to respond to us,either 'accepting' or 'rejecting' our proposal. We'll be in touch to update you with their response in the next 20 working days. We're really sorry for the trouble this has caused. We're doing everything we can to get you switched back.

What a totally useless,inept company Octopus Energy seem to be but if BG refuse to restart suppling my gas I'll be stuck with Octopus, it seems to me like a good way for them to recruit new customers.

Beggars belief.
    Good luck with it.
    I'm still caught up in the circus that is British Gas, I received yet another letter this week stating "We're sorry to see you go. If you have any questions about your account contact us". Here is your final statement 26th July 2022. You gave us your meter reading on 31 March 2022 - No I didn't. You gave us your meter reading on 14 May 2022 - No I didn't. You gave us your final meter reading on 29 June 2022 - No I didn't. Your account is now closed. You would think a multi billion pound company would actually know who it's customers were or weren't, totally useless company. I might actually change suppliers and see what they have to say then.
    Nightmare.
    You end up losing the will to live.
    They sent me an email yesterday, out of the blue.
    They offered me £10.50 compensation.
    Wow.
    I dont suppose that will cover the cost of my phone calls.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,157
    HAYSIE said:

Wow.

it will pay for two Sunday Major sat's so could be worth £££££ 3 or 4 GRAND ;)B):)
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

Wow.

it will pay for two Sunday Major sat's so could be worth £££££ 3 or 4 GRAND ;)B):)
    Anything is possible.
    Refused number porting
    Phone providers must allow you to take their telephone number with you to a new provider when you switch. This is known as ‘number porting’.

If you think your provider is preventing or delaying you from porting your number, contact your new provider.

You may be asked to give them an Ofcom complaint reference number to start a short investigation. You can get this number by submitting a complaint via the Ofcom website.

An independent industry panel will then assess your case, and can override your old provider to complete the porting of your number.

Changing provider - Ofcom
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

Wow.

Cost of living: Millions of BT, Virgin and Sky users can get cheaper broadband deals from next week

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/cost-of-living-millions-of-bt-virgin-and-sky-users-can-get-cheaper-broadband-deals-from-next-week/ar-AA10ICsL?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=17218eb45b204c20af0d4adca6c20249
    We have got to the end of the matter as far as Sky are concerned.
    The last person I spoke to was adamant that Sky would not port my number.
    This is despite the fact that one of the escalated complaints team actually got me on the phone to tell me he was just about to press the button to port my number.
    He said I am just pressing the number now.
    There we are its all gone through.
    This was just prior to booking engineer number three.

He went on to explain that his own daughter had been in the same boat.
    He used to pay her mobile bill, when she was young.
    When she started work and became able to take care of her own account, Sky would not transfer her number.
    She therefore had to open an account with BT, with a view to returning to Sky at the end of her BT contract.
    This not only seems ridiculous, but may be illegal.
    Sky will not internally transfer a phone number from one Sky account to what they regard as another.
    They regard Now TV accounts as Sky accounts.
    It has taken an awful long time to get to the bottom of this.
    It seems a very silly policy.
    edited August 2022
    Next stop Ofcom.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,157
    HAYSIE said:

Next stop Ofcom.

Should be FUN :)
    GOOD LUCK
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

Next stop Ofcom.

GOOD LUCK
    Thanks.
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

Next stop Ofcom.

GOOD LUCK
    I just wish there was a real alternative to Sky.
    I have been watching a lot of telly since I retired.
    They treat their customers with no respect whatsoever.
    The whole process of dealing with Sky is shocking.
    I have unfortunately had to contact them a number of times over the last couple of months, due to the problems I have experienced.
    Every phone call is the same.
    It starts with a recorded message asking questions that seem designed to stop you actually speaking to a human.
    The purpose of the interrogation is to steer you down a route where you get fed up, log into the website and solve your own problems.
    They say they are busy.
    They estimate that you will be on hold for 20 minutes.
    Sometimes during the course of being transferred, they point blank say they are too busy, and just cut you off.
    I dont think I have ever got through to the correct person at the first attempt.
    This includes the occasions when they have emailed or texted me a specific number to call.
    I still get through to the wrong person.
    It tires you out answering the same questions, and telling the same story, time and time again.
    There was one occasion when I waited 20 minutes to get through to the wrong person, he said he was putting me on hold to speak to a member of another team before transferring me.
    I had been on hold for 20 minutes before speaking to him.
    He came back and said he had spoken to them, and was putting me through.
    I expected to connect straight away.
    Not so, another 20 minutes on hold.
    He knew I had the hump over the initial wait.
    The person he was transferring me to must have been free, otherwise he couldnt have spoken to them.
    Yet instead of transferring me directly to this persons phone, he just put me back in the queue.

Sky seem oblivious to the way customers are treated, and that people are regularly transferred 3 or four 4 times, with a long wait on hold each time.
    They seem content with this.
    Their biggest recent development in regard to customer services has been to introduce a choice of music when you while your life away during the long periods spent on hold.
    Five choices are now available.
    Their customer services are pitiful.

The way they operate is just stupid.
    This all started over them increasing my bill, without letting me know.
    My TV package cost £54.50 per month.
    They increased the bill to £69.50 without letting me know.
    This was because my current deal had run out.
    I spoke to them and they knocked it down to £45.
    Why?
    I didnt ask for a discount.
    Had they sent me an email and asked me to renew my contract for another 2 years at the same price, I would have agreed.
    That would be too easy for Sky, they insist on increasing the bills without notice, and then negotiating a discounted price.
    Pathetic.

Their policy on phone numbers is even more stupid.
    They wont port a mobile, or landline number from one Sky account to another.
    The only reason I can think of for doing this is that you leave yourself open to existing customers accessing offers which are only applicable to new customers.
    So an existing Sky customer could open a new account, access an offer, and retain their number.
    However this rule probably costs a fortune.
    They treat Now TV customers as having Sky accounts.
    Now TV were advertising very cheap broadband and calls deals.
    I took one out last August.
    This cost £22 per month for broadband plus landline, including free calls to mobiles and UK landlines, 24 hours per day 7 days per week 365 day per year.
    This would surely have attracted customers from Sky, as well as their competitors.
    Now have backtracked on this, and increased the charges, despite the fact I had a 12 month contract.
    The charges increased in May.
    I will also be looking into the legality of them doing this.
    As a result of this I am certain that many Now customers will be looking elsewhere.
    The problem is that none of them can take up a Sky offer unless they accept a new telephone number.
    Yet there is no problem if you chose to deal with any of their competitors.

As far as mobiles are concerned, the rule is just as stupid.
    How many parents look forward to the day that their children are able to pay their own phone bills?
    Yet Sky force them in to going elsewhere if they wish to retain their number.

Why would any company spend heavily on marketing to generate new customers, and then force them into the arms of their competitors at a later date?

During my working life, I have been in a position of having to implement a rule that wouldnt work 100% of the time.
    When this was the case there was always someone in place to make a manual adjustment in order to circumvent the rule.
    So if the rule was in place to stop existing customers opening a new account to gain an advantage, where this was not the case you would allow it anyway.
    You wouldnt attempt to stop a customers daughter from having her own account, and paying her own bills.
    This customer is also an employee.
    What sort of message does that send?
    What if she is happy with BT, and never returns?
    Nor would you stop a customer transferring from another company, irrespective of which company.
    I am being forced to go elsewhere.
    What if I am happy where I end up?
    My favourite gripe about Sky is that I can log into my account and add extra channels (movies/sport etc) any time I want as it's just a simple process of clicking a couple of buttons. However if I want to remove any channels I have to call them and start all the rigmarole which that incurs,they just make it as hard as they possibly can so you give up and stop the cancellation.
    lucy4 said:

My favourite gripe about Sky is that I can log into my account and add extra channels (movies/sport etc) any time I want as it's just a simple process of clicking a couple of buttons. However if I want to remove any channels I have to call them and start all the rigmarole which that incurs,they just make it as hard as they possibly can so you give up and stop the cancellation.

They really dont seem to have a clue.