You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

NHS.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,515

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,515
    Health and social care faces the 'greatest workforce crisis in history' as damning report predicts shortage of 1 MILLION jobs creating a 'serious risk to patient safety'

Health and social care face the 'greatest workforce crisis in their history' with staff shortages creating a 'serious risk to patient safety.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11044543/Health-social-care-faces-worst-workforce-crisis-history-report-predicts-job-shortage.html
    The terrifying day I knew my beloved NHS was broken: After SIX hours stuck in a queue of 33 ambulances, a retired GP vows to stop people dying outside A&E

Under no circumstances would retired GP Dr Alison Durkin (left) advise a heart patient with severe chest pains to embark on a five-hour, 300-mile road trip to A&E. 'Dangerous,' is the word she uses. So what, then, made the 61-year-old former doctor from Cornwall ignore her own medical advice to do just that - the journey passing in a blur of anxiety that she might be having a heart attack? 'Desperation,' she replies. 'I felt that I had no option.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11044417/After-SIX-hours-stuck-queue-33-ambulances-retired-GP-vows-stop-people-dying-outside-E.html
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    I know I've told this joke before. But I like it so much ;)

Various poker sites have been held to ransom by these people. Ransom demands have been sent.

They want $10 million from Stars. $8 million from GG. $7 million from Party.

And £2.94 from Sky...
    Father-of-two who waited 20 HOURS in A&E with chest pains only to be told 'to see his GP' refused to leave until they performed blood tests which revealed he was suffering from terminal leukaemia

Gareth Dixon, 40, (pictured top with his wife Laura) from Warrington, was taken to hospital after reportedly being unable to get a GP appointment for worsening symptoms of fatigue, thirst and aches and pains. He was unable to get a face-to-face appointment, he says, adding he could only get through on the phone - by which point he claims he was just told to go for blood tests several days later. Gareth started suffering from chest pains 24 hours later, leading his family to insist he called 111. During a 20-hour wait in Warrington Hospital's (bottom) A&E department, Gareth, who had been suffering from hip and rib cage pain, says he was seen by a doctor who reportedly told him to chase up an appointment with a GP. But Gareth wouldn't leave after blood tests, a consultant broke the news he was suffering with Plasma Cell Leukaemia, an aggressive form of cancer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11107205/Father-two-waited-20-hours-E-told-GP-suffering-leukaemia.html
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Following on from my post in another thread about the NHS
    My daughter is still in Hospital, she’s been in approx 9 weeks now.
    My wife and I had a meeting with her consultant 3 weeks ago to discuss a “ plan of action”
    It was agreed they would organise a gastric emptying as a matter of urgency, a rheumatologist appointment, a heart failure follow up, and a home care plan.
    In the 3 weeks since our meeting none of these have happened.

She saw a doctor on the ward yesterday who said she should reduce the pain meds, and ( in her words) vilified her for not looking after her child.
    The weekends are worst as they change medication, “ run out” of medication, leave the syringe driver empty for up to 12 hours.

The staff are hit and miss, she has one or two which seem to care, the rest are agency staff who struggle with the language and fail to communicate.

The doctor told her they aren’t doing the gastric emptying, and they will put her on a waiting list for something I can’t recall.

The NHS is f…..d

tomgoodun said:

My wife and I had a meeting with her consultant 3 weeks ago to discuss a “ plan of action”
    It was agreed they would organise a gastric emptying as a matter of urgency, a rheumatologist appointment, a heart failure follow up, and a home care plan.

She saw a doctor on the ward yesterday who said she should reduce the pain meds, and ( in her words) vilified her for not looking after her child.
    The weekends are worst as they change medication, “ run out” of medication, leave the syringe driver empty for up to 12 hours.

The staff are hit and miss, she has one or two which seem to care, the rest are agency staff who struggle with the language and fail to communicate.

The doctor told her they aren’t doing the gastric emptying, and they will put her on a waiting list for something I can’t recall.

The NHS is f…..d

Seems like.
    Good luck.
    tomgoodun said:

The NHS is f…..d

Can you see the consultant again to find out the answers?
    HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

The NHS is f…..d

The only reason we got the meeting was because her partner had covid at the time and the nurse who cares about my daughter put us down as next of kin, I’ve asked my daughter to try to arrange another meeting but I don’t hold out much hope.

The nurse was the one pushing for the tests, which the consultant and registrar seemed reluctant to do ( The nurse suffers from what my daughter has and has a diagnosis and treatment and obviously can work)

tomgoodun said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

The NHS is f…..d

The only reason we got the meeting was because her partner had covid at the time and the nurse who cares about my daughter put us down as next of kin, I’ve asked my daughter to try to arrange another meeting but I don’t hold out much hope.

The nurse was the one pushing for the tests, which the consultant and registrar seemed reluctant to do ( The nurse suffers from what my daughter has and has a diagnosis and treatment and obviously can work)

You would think that the nurses opinion would carry some weight.
    It must be a horrible situation.
    I hope you can get it resolved.
    HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

The NHS is f…..d

Thank you.

It is horrendous yes.

At the risk of sounding…..how can I put it….
    The consultant seems the type to think of women as second class citizens, every time my daughter, wife, and the nurse ( a woman ) spoke, he talked over them.
    When he eventually agreed a plan, he pointed at the nurse ( without looking at her) and said “ Write that down”
    I was gobsmacked.

My daughter had previously told me about his manner but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, not now.
    tomgoodun said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

The NHS is f…..d

Thank you.

It is horrendous yes.

At the risk of sounding…..how can I put it….
    The consultant seems the type to think of women as second class citizens, every time my daughter, wife, and the nurse ( a woman ) spoke, he talked over them.
    When he eventually agreed a plan, he pointed at the nurse ( without looking at her) and said “ Write that down”
    I was gobsmacked.

My daughter had previously told me about his manner but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, not now.
    I think that some consultants think we are all second class citizens, compared to them.
    Fingers crossed.
    Elderly woman, 90, was left waiting for FORTY hours for an ambulance with a suspected fractured hip - and was then kept in the vehicle overnight outside A&E

Daphne Syms, 90, was left waiting 40 hours for an ambulance after she fell at her home in Saint Austell, Cornwall, and was then kept in the vehicle overnight - while parked outside A&E.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11122075/Elderly-woman-90-left-waiting-FORTY-hours-ambulance-suspected-fractured-hip.html