You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

September Challenge PLO8 Heads up.

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
Ok so i play a little PLO8 but don't think i have ever played it heads up.

@lfccarl posted a week of so ago for a heads up challenge, it seems nobody responded, so working on my principle that an actual 'challenge' should be just that and a little outside your comfort zone i have decided to take him up on it.

I realise that i will need the variance on my side to stand any sort of chance and do not have a clue how experienced they are.

2 Tables
First to 50 wins, with the option for the player behind to increase this to 1st to 100 wins.

Day 1 will be Monday 5th at 7pm probably playing for just an hour.
Day 2 Tuesday 7pm - 9pm

I suppose i had better play a few games before the challenge starts.

Comments

• Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    good luck can't wait should be fun
  • Options
    DONN001DONN001 Member Posts: 702
    GOOD LUCK GUYS SHOULD MAKE GOOD VIEWING
  • Options
    Had 1 practice game yesterday when @TheWaddy showed me how to play, @lfccarl had 15 practice games, Maybe i need to step up my preparation. :#
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,273
    coo1-um said:

Had 1 practice game yesterday when @TheWaddy showed me how to play, @lfccarl had 15 practice games, Maybe i need to step up my preparation. :#

You're probably not bad enough for the deck to favour you against @TheWaddy. :)
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    He is undoubtedly someone who knows how to play hi lo... the ones it will favour are the ones playing hold em with a hi lo game, or those who just dont know the game at all.

I would expect the match to finish not much different than 50/50. Coo1-um knows hi lo, LfcCarl gambles it up with very weak holdings that he doesnt realise are indeed weak, so we will have Coo1-um winning games and Carl getting the help beyond maths to bounce back.

Its why i wouldnt want to play 100 games with an online deck with Carlo. Its the type of player the deck will get 'stuck providing unbelievable maths' with, especiallly game after game.
  • Options
    Oh and when players say come on then, lets play... im very, very often sat for 45mins+ sat at a table! I am right now and its been 30min.

I will play anybody, but clearly my times are not their times and evenings are not generally for me. Having said that, I was having a game at 10pm or so the other night and i got a guy in the chatbox saying i was full of shite cos i was playing at night!

I didnt realise that i had to keep to it!
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

He is undoubtedly someone who knows how to play hi lo... the ones it will favour are the ones playing hold em with a hi lo game, or those who just dont know the game at all.

I would expect the match to finish not much different than 50/50. Coo1-um knows hi lo, LfcCarl gambles it up with very weak holdings that he doesnt realise are indeed weak, so we will have Coo1-um winning games and Carl getting the help beyond maths to bounce back.

Its why i wouldnt want to play 100 games with an online deck with Carlo. Its the type of player the deck will get 'stuck providing unbelievable maths' with, especiallly game after game.

lol you do talk some ****
  • Options
    Played coo1-um earlier, he was experimenting with different techniques... in the first game, an informed rational approach... in the 2nd a raise everything preflop max, irrational max bet (often out of position) every flop. If i reraised all in, he called with air, hitting allsorts turn and river.

The second game, he was very close to winning, very close. The first, i was in control the whole game.

'Pressing buttons' is much better technique online, no hands are required to achieve an improved chance of winning if you are struggling playing genuine poker.
  • Options
    coo1-um 0 TheWaddy 3

Its true at least the comment about the second game, Reason i did not know i had accepted the rematch wasn't expecting that, and was going out. As i had no time to look at anything i thought it would be more fun just raising every hand rather than just sitting out. Just a shame i could not see the comments being typed in the chat, that would have made it more worthwhile.

First game however i would dispute 'being in control' the whole game, and although i did hit every river when needed (apparently) it took to level 6 for the game to be decided by that time its almost all in every hand.

Did play 2 other games against one opponent and won them both.

Practice played 5, won 2 lost 3.
  • Options
    Just 1 more thing for today, an example of how much @TheWaddy was in control the whole game.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TheWaddySmall blind100.00100.00440.00
    coo1-umBig blind200.00300.002260.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    • K
    TheWaddyCall100.00400.00340.00
    coo1-umCheck
    Flop
    coo1-umCheck
    TheWaddyAll-in340.00740.000.00
    coo1-umCall340.001080.001920.00
    TheWaddyShow
    coo1-umShow
    • J
    • K
    Turn
    River
    coo1-umWin highStraight to the 9540.002460.00
    TheWaddyWin low8-low540.00540.00
    The eagle-eyed may notice the flopped straight holding till the river.

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 511
    If I remember this weekend, I'll see if you're in the lobby and play a couple of these with you. I barely know the rules, but enjoy figuring out new games.
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    Good luck with this @coo1-um and @lfccarl

My heads up skills aren't the best, so I would also be up for a few matches at some point in the future to help try and improve.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    coo1-um said:

Just 1 more thing for today, an example of how much @TheWaddy was in control the whole game.

TheWaddySmall blind100.00100.00440.00
    coo1-umBig blind200.00300.002260.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    • K
    TheWaddyCall100.00400.00340.00
    coo1-umCheck
    Flop
    coo1-umCheck
    TheWaddyAll-in340.00740.000.00
    coo1-umCall340.001080.001920.00
    TheWaddyShow
    coo1-umShow
    • J
    • K
    Turn
    River
    coo1-umWin highStraight to the 9540.002460.00
    TheWaddyWin low8-low540.00540.00
    The eagle-eyed may notice the flopped straight holding till the river.

I think i was in a big chip lead whole game, until a hand that resulted in me going down to 440 and having to play the hand u show out of really no choice... the hand would be similar to this;
    coo1-umSmall blind200.00200.001120.00
    TheWaddyBig blind400.00600.001280.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    coo1-umRaise1000.001600.00120.00
    TheWaddyAll-in1280.002880.000.00
    coo1-umAll-in120.003000.000.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet360.002640.00360.00
    coo1-umShow
    • K
    • Q
    • K
    TheWaddyShow
    • A
    Flop
    • J
    • A
    Turn
    River
    coo1-umWin highStraight to the Ace2640.002640.00
    No qualifying low hand
    You were all in preflop with a weak hold em hand, needed a 6 out on the river (12%ish) and binked it........

You flopped a nut straight and i congratulated you on it at the time as it was something id had hold once in hundreds.......

Id even said a thousand times, if you play in a manner that you are actually trying to lose, you have a better chance. You cant deny as you did not mean to join the game, you were shoving/calling with complete nothingness most of the time and nearly won over a 30min game....

You may all say i talk rubbish, but i describe long odds rivers with nothing hands, players playing in this manner and not being able to giveaway cheaply and opponents flopping straights that hold... all of which happened in this game! What more can i say....
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    If you're losing to air as you say, you ain't got much have you?
  • Options
    7 games today against 4 opponents, 5 wins.

Learnt more in the 2 losses than any win, both against the same opponent these games showed i have such a long way to go.

Total so far 12 games 7 wins 5 Losses.
  • Options
    total so far played 29 won 13 lost 16 against 13 opponents
  • Options
    last 8 games versus Carlo and Cool .... 8-0... (3-0 Cool, 5-0 Carlo) Carlo flashes up 'clueless p rick' in chat box....

Does Kinda ever comment something that makes sense!? When theres still 2 cards to come, the all in air is making a better hand via runners. Do i really have to explain this!??
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    Yes you cant have much, but of course you're probably lying. Are you posting on here to get a bit of sympathy, I mean everyone else plays and dont need to moan about everytime they lose. Your posts are getting tedious
  • Options
    he said he beat me 5-0 but we only played 3 games
  • Options
    Since it got to 5-5, ive won the 5 since... it was even 6-5 an hour or so after u posted so u prob forgot about tht.... Poker is really not something important to lie about, if i was that way inclined..... Kinda says MY posts are getting tedious, that is pretty rich!