You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I'm an M.P. get me out of here...

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,044
Matt Hancock suspended as Tory MP for joining I'm a Celeb cast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63471923

Former health secretary Matt Hancock has been suspended as a Conservative MP after joining the cast of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!

Mr Hancock will swap representing his constituents at Westminster for eating bugs in the jungle.

But Tory party managers have taken a dim view of the West Suffolk MP's decision to take part in a reality TV show while Parliament is sitting.

The Tory chief whip said it was "serious enough" to warrant suspension.

Andy Drummond, deputy chairman of the West Suffolk Conservative Association, said he was looking forward to seeing Mr Hancock "eating a kangaroo's ****".

Sources close Mr Hancock said: "Matt doesn't expect to serve in government again, so it's an incredible opportunity for him to engage with the 12 million Brits who tune in every single night.

"Matt has told the whips in Parliament and he will use his time in the jungle to promote his dyslexia campaign."

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    No doubt he's gonna be the most popular 'celebrity' to be nominated to do the trials.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,028
    edited November 2022
    Just shows total contempt for his constituents.

I have nothing against MPs having a 2nd job. After all, a Ministerial appointment is effectively a 2nd job.

But they have to be in a position where they can actually carry out their main job. He is going to be thousands of miles away, and (as usual) lining his own pockets. Without any permission whatsoever.

In any other job this would be a case for Summary Dismissal.

But, of course the Tories dare not even call a By-Election.
  • Options
    Matt Hancock’s first I’m a Celebrity challenge will involve skydiving into the jungle without the appropriate PPE, it has been revealed today.

With news emerging earlier that Matt Hancock is set to enter the jungle in order to boost his popularity, further news has emerged that the former Health Secretary will be forced to jump out of a plane without the appropriate safety equipment, just to see how he likes it.

Once he lands – because he’ll definitely land – he will be asked to eat a kangaroo’s ****, hopefully every day.

Show insider Simon Williams confirmed, “We will still give him a helmet. We’re not monsters.

“Just not the full appropriate PPE that someone would expect to receive when jumping out of an aeroplane. Such as a parachute. I’m sure he will be very familiar with the idea of management deciding people should risk their lives without the necessary equipment.

Williams went on, “Obviously we are very excited to have Matt Hancock on the show, and we know he will be really popular with the viewers after you know… all the Covid sh1t.

“So we may have to think of a few little trials catered just for him.

“Like trying not to kill tens of thousands of care home residents, or waste billions of pounds of taxpayers money on useless PPE contracts for his mates.

“But we can just change it around to killing helpless bugs, or wasting stars for his campmates on fake food supplied by a buddy of his – I’m sure Ant and Dec will think of something.”

Asked if he thinks Hancock has a chance of winning the show we were told, “Are you taking the pi55?”
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,029
    He's got a book to sell
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,214
    'He's a total halfwit who's making some unwise career moves': Friends of Matt Hancock's estranged wife Martha are stunned at decision to go on I'm a Celeb as he is kicked out of Tory party for abandoning his constituents in pursuit of TV fame

The former Health Secretary, who quit after breaking his own lockdown rules by having an affair with long-term aide Gina Coladangelo, will become the 12th celebrity heading to the Australian jungle. The news prompted a rapid rebuke from Tory high command, with Chief Whip Simon Hart confirming he'd had the whip removed - the same fate that befell fellow MP Nadine Dorries when she went on the show in 2012. 'Following a conversation with Matt Hancock, I have considered the situation and believe this is a matter serious enough to warrant suspension of the whip with immediate effect,' Mr Hart said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11376951/Matt-Hancock-joins-Im-Celeb-according-reports.html
  • Options
    Matt Hancock 'faces GRILLING' from I'm A Celeb camp mate Charlene White over aunt's Covid death: Loose Women star tearfully revealed she 'couldn't hug family at funeral' and raged at 'rule-breaking' MPs... after ex-Health Secretary was sacked for affair

EXCLUSIVE: The star was left heartbroken by her great-aunt's Covid-19 death during the pandemic and was reduced to tears because of the rulebreaking by Mr Hancock and others.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11377413/Matt-Hancock-share-Im-Celeb-camp-Charlene-White-lost-loved-one-Covid.html
  • Options
    'Not enough popcorn on the planet': Social media erupts with memes poking fun at Matt Hancock and anticipating his appearance on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!
    Twitter erupted with hilarious memes today after Hancock announced for show
    MP for West Suffolk will now serve as independent after being stripped of whip
    Friends today said it was a chance for him to connect to 'younger generations'

The former health secretary (left), 44, who quit after breaking his own lockdown rules by having an affair with long-time aide Gina Coladangelo , will become the 12th celebrity heading to the Australian jungle. His decision to appear immediately saw him kicked out of the Conservative Party, leading one friend of his estranged wife Martha searing in their condemnation of the father of three, branding him a 'total halfwit who's making some unwise career moves'. Meanwhile, one former minister predicted Mr Hancock would be selected for a bushtucker trial 'every day'. Referring to the notorious challenge for contestants to eat kangaroo testicles, the Tory told MailOnline: 'I have sympathy for the poor kangaroo.' The politician added: 'Is Matt Hancock technically a celebrity? I think he's probably in a slightly lower league than Mike Tindall. If he's eliminated in the first round he'll be appalled. He's going to be the hate figure, every single day he will be doing a challenge.' The news set social media alight, with scores of Twitter users not wasting any time in creating memes to mock the now-Independent MP for West Suffolk.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11378029/Social-media-erupts-memes-poking-fun-Matt-Hancock-appearing-Im-Celebrity.html
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    edited November 2022
    He's a greedy **** . he's going on " SAS who dares wins as well ", the countries up shyte creek and all he thinks of is filling his pockets.
  • Options
    He would have been perfect playing Rodney in Fools and Horses.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Susanna Reid forced to apologise after GMB guest calls Matt Hancock a ‘d***head’

During a heated discussion on the topic, right-wing journalist Andrew Pierce, who works for The Daily Mail, made the comment about Hancock to Reid’s dismay.

“He’s a d***head... I can say that, can’t I?” Pierce said.

Reid jumped in: “No! Apologies, everyone.”

However, many viewers watching the moment seemed amused by the outburst.

On Twitter, one commenter wrote: “Amazing moment on @GMB when @toryboypierce calls Matt Hancock a ‘d***head’.”

“Andrew Pierce had gone up in my estimation for calling Matt Hancock a d***head live on TV,” another tweeted.

One social media user wrote: “The use of the word d***head on daytime tv is totally acceptable when referring to Matt Hancock.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/susanna-reid-forced-apologise-gmb-070311305.html
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Kangaroo completely unaware that by next weekend his ar5ehole will have been consumed by an attention-hungry politician.

A Kangaroo in Australia, just hours away from being culled by an eager gun enthusiast, is completely unaware that his ar5ehole will be sat on a plate in front of Matt Hancock within a week.

Derek, an eight-year-old and entirely oblivious Kangaroo, will be shot legally while subject to Australia’s ongoing cull of Kangaroos, but his body – well, parts of it – will be used to entertain British television viewers.
  • Options
    Just Matt Hancock being the weirdest person ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xz8rMNA3U
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    As Owen says "He was the Health Minister telling me Happy Birthday Twice".

• Options
    When Matt Hancock was riding high! Former Health Secretary's past stint as a jockey is revealed as pictures show him punching the air with joy after winning race

He surprised viewers with a rendition of an Ed Sheeran song and his awkward 'dad' dancing. And it seems there is no end to Matt Hancock's talents, as he regaled his jungle campmates with tales of his stint as a jockey. Pictures unearthed by the Mail show the MP, 44, atop his horse, punching the air in blue and white silks after winning the Newmarket Horsemen and Heroes Day charity race in 2012 - his first ever competition. He won by two lengths, and the event raised £100,000. Hancock told comic Seann Walsh, 36: 'Frankie Dettori taught me how to ride.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11454659/Matt-Hancock-riding-high-Images-former-Health-Secretarys-past-stint-jockey.html