You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

World Cup,Football & Other Bets.

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,107
    Tikay10 said:

Just 3 corners in the game, all in the first half, so Multi-Corners made up at 0. A full scoop for sellers, & a max loss for buyers.

I noticed in the Winter World Cup there was a distinct lack of corners, is this a new tactic/formation by clubs? There must be something in it as a lot of bookies bet boosts are including + corners which often are the bet buster.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,196
    edited February 2023
    @lucy4

I honestly don't know, but I just sense the bookies lines are too high.

Bear in mind, in FO betting, the market is 1 way, just "over", whereas in Spreads it's a 2 way market & the Firms profit is the spread.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,101
    I read somewhere that teams are far less likely than they were to score from corners, as opposed to free kicks. So, logically, teams will be less likely to seek to get corners.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

I read somewhere that teams are far less likely than they were to score from corners, as opposed to free kicks. So, logically, teams will be less likely to seek to get corners.

@Essexphil

Definitely a trend whereby (top) teams used to "play for corners" & now seem to studiously do the opposite. If they are near the goal-line on the right, instead of attempting to cross & get a deflection off a defenders body, they come "inside" onto their left foot. (Watch Saka, for example). Same thing, in reverse, on opposite side of the pitch. (See Martinelli).
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,101
    Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

@Essexphil

Definitely a trend whereby (top) teams used to "play for corners" & now seem to studiously do the opposite. If they are near the goal-line on the right, instead of attempting to cross & get a deflection off a defenders body, they come "inside" onto their left foot. (Watch Saka, for example). Same thing, in reverse, on opposite side of the pitch. (See Martinelli).
    For some strange reason, tend not to watch those 2. But I agree with the point. Watch Emerson Royal mishit his cross and balloon it into the stands, for example ;)
  • Options
    Had a free £2 bet to use on horse multiples today so just went for three favourites without doing any research as in a rush.

• Options
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Had a free £2 bet to use on horse multiples today so just went for three favourites without doing any research as in a rush.

Another Meatloaf bet result Two Outta Three Ain't Is Bad :D

• Options
    A couple more bets on the early game need Nketiah to up his game a bit and start hitting the target with the chances he's getting.

• Options
    Half time and 2 of 3 bets are won (no reference to Meatloaf this time) need Nketiah to get on the end of something.

• Options
    Put the odd in my account on this boosted horse bet.

• Options
  • Options
    Had a couple of free bets to use today.

• Options
    Just about got The Pin Sticker acca on in time.

• Options
    What a day for upsets and in the words of the late great Jimmy Greaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcDb-fwkuGg

All my later bets lost but who cares when the table looks like this.

• Options
    An early boosted bet for tomorrows games.

• Options
    Let's hope the early game curse doesn't raise it's ugly head today in the Man Utd game as both of today's bets are relying on them.

• Options

@lucy4

"What a day for upsets"

Just a bit, long time since we've seen such a weird set of PL results.

The bookies must have loved it.
  • Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Agreed can't believe we didn't beat City 😉
  • Options
    Had a free bet to use quickly done this before game starts.