You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Rishi Sunak registered with private GP

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,534
that sees urgent cases 'on the day' for £250

The Prime Minister uses a west London clinic that charges £250 for a half-hour appointment - and offers them at evenings and weekends, the Guardian revealed.

The surgery, which has not been named, also offers e-mail and phone consultations for £150, home visits for £400 to £500, and prescriptions for £80.

Downing Street declined to comment.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/rishi-sunak-registered-private-gp-28550128

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    If you can afford it (and I'm pretty sure Rishi can), then if you want to be seen straightaway, I can't see what's wrong. At least someone's making money out of the rich.

If you knock a couple of 0's off the cost, (or move the decimal point 2 or even 3 places to the left), that's more like what the cost is to him and his family.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

If you can afford it (and I'm pretty sure Rishi can), then if you want to be seen straightaway, I can't see what's wrong. At least someone's making money out of the rich.

If you knock a couple of 0's off the cost, (or move the decimal point 2 or even 3 places to the left), that's more like what the cost is to him and his family.

What the f..k is that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

To someone who is a Multi- millionaire (+), then a £250 charge, is more like 25p to the 'Common Man'
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

To someone who is a Multi- millionaire (+), then a £250 charge, is more like 25p to the 'Common Man'
    And?
    His family have got billions, so how much does that make it worth to the common man?
    Is there a formula for working this out, or are you just talking b0ll0cks?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

And?
    His family have got billions, so how much does that make it worth to the common man?

NO

...... definitely not more than some of the RubbISH that you post on this forum
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

The Prime Minister uses a west London clinic that charges £250 for a half-hour appointment - and offers them at evenings and weekends, the Guardian revealed.

The surgery, which has not been named, also offers e-mail and phone consultations for £150, home visits for £400 to £500, and prescriptions for £80.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/rishi-sunak-registered-private-gp-28550128

AND ?

• Options
    MISTY4ME said:

This is what I think you are missing, although it is just my opinion.
    If we were talking about Joe Bloggs the hedge fund manager who earns loads of money, then your argument might stand up.
    Who would care what he does with his money.
    However, this is Rishi Sunak the Prime Minister.
    He has to stand there and tell us that he hopes his government can improve things so that we may be able to get a GP appointment within 14 days.
    As well as keeping the deaths amongst the population caused by people waiting for an ambulance for 2 days, to a minimum.
    And eventually organise social care to create some empty beds in hospitals, and reduce the hospital waiting list from the current 7 million.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

And?

NO

I was merely asking how you made the calculation.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

And?

NO

I should have also said how impressed I was by such a big no.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

AND ?

And the massive and.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

AND ?

I cant take any credit for this.
    It is an article written by a journalist.
    Published in a daily newspaper.
    They generally publish articles that they think will be of interest to the general public.
    I just posted a bit of it.
    I think it safe to say that you are not somebody that was interested.
    They failed to include your 25p calculation.
    Although there may be a valid reason for omitting it.

I can see why they would think that it would be of interest.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    "They generally publish articles that they think will be of interest to the general public".

We've all been there B)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

AND ?

And, I am not sure if you actually read the article, but here are a couple of bits you might have missed.

It emerged the Prime Minister - who last week refused to say if he had private healthcare - uses a west London surgery that charges £80 for a prescription. No10 declined to comment

GP waiting times have soared and more than half a million people in London alone waited more than two weeks for an appointment in September.

Short-lived Health Secretary Therese Coffey had vowed to cut maximum waits to two weeks before she was moved in Rishi Sunak ’s reshuffle.
    She later admitted it was only an “expectation” not a legal target, and could mean a phone call.

Mr Sunak refused last week to say if he had private healthcare - claiming it was “not appropriate” to ask him if he pays to get seen quicker.

Paul Evans, director of the NHS Support Federation, told The Guardian: “Private healthcare is not a realistic option for most people.

“Of course the PM can ‘go private’ if he wishes, but it is a reminder that we need politicians that have a long-term belief in the publicly run NHS which most of us rely upon.”
  • Options
    I did read the article, and i don't see why it matters whether he has Private Health Care that he can afford.

I don't know why you put so many articles from newspapers on the Forum, when a lot of them say the same thing. There is a saying ....'Less is More'

.... or are you trying to beat @Tikay in the number of forum posts you make? :)
  • Options
    @HAYSIE

Your NEW nickname ...... 'DAVE'

NEWSBOY of the Daily Mirror :D
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Paul Evans, director of the NHS Support Federation, told The Guardian: “Private healthcare is not a realistic option for most people.

Of course the PM can ‘go private’ if he wishes, but it is a reminder that we need politicians that have a long-term belief in the publicly run NHS which most of us rely upon.”

Don't you think that he has that long-term belief for the majority of the country?
    just because he chooses to have Private Health Care because he can afford it.

The NHS might do a lot better if people who could afford to pay to be seen quicker, did so.

I think it would be far better for the Newspapers to investigate and publish the amount of waste within the NHS. That's what needs to be sorted as soon as possible in my opinion ...... rather than bother whether a very rich man goes Private for his health care, even if he is Prime Minister
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

I did read the article, and i don't see why it matters whether he has Private Health Care that he can afford.

I don't know why you put so many articles from newspapers on the Forum, when a lot of them say the same thing. There is a saying ....'Less is More'

.... or are you trying to beat @Tikay in the number of forum posts you make? :)

You are in no position to criticise what anyone posts on the forum.
    You have the option to ignore any articles you dont approve of.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

@HAYSIE

Your NEW nickname ...... 'DAVE'

NEWSBOY of the Daily Mirror :D

I am not telling you what your nickname is.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Of course the PM can ‘go private’ if he wishes, but it is a reminder that we need politicians that have a long-term belief in the publicly run NHS which most of us rely upon.”

Don't you think that he has that long-term belief for the majority of the country?
    just because he chooses to have Private Health Care because he can afford it.

The NHS might do a lot better if people who could afford to pay to be seen quicker, did so.

I think it would be far better for the Newspapers to investigate and publish the amount of waste within the NHS. That's what needs to be sorted as soon as possible in my opinion ...... rather than bother whether a very rich man goes Private for his health care, even if he is Prime Minister

I am still waiting for the 25p explanation.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

And?

NO

You could run training courses on it.