You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

2023 - The year of the -um, £0.00 challenge, challenge complete

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    GOOD LUCK with this. Just read back that 48 pages of GARYQQQ's challenge. It shows that there is genuinely a good community spirit here and a lot of folks will be following your progress.

I know you dabble in that PLO8 game, but not a lot else about you.

If you get the chance, tell us all about yourself. How long you have been playing, biggest win, what you do away from poker etc etc.

• Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    edited January 2023
    Going for the 100 points has just been thwarted by another schoolboy error.
    Playing on my phone with the football on and trying to do 2 other things i reg'd another game, by the time i remembered i had reg'd i was down to 2.5 BB and even with a double up could not avoid a 4th place finish. To make matters worse i had actually signed up to a £2.20 Turbo DYM tuning my £3.64 into £1.44.
    with the 50pts in the bag and 31 needed for the token it may all go wrong. Only played 2 of the points freerolls since my cash there so may have to throw in a few more of those too.

Todays 10p bet is a bet builder, 2 teams at the top of their respective leagues, but there can only be one winner. @250/1 we will return to the land or semi normal tomorrow.

Sheff Wed to win.
    J. Windass 2+ SOT
    4 Corners per team
    J.Windass 1+ assist

Current Balance (£1.44)

• Options
    Week 1 Update

Got Here.

Week 1 requirements (50 Points) were exceeded by reaching 100 points bringing the £2.30 token into play will sign up for the 20:00 Bounty Hunter tonight with this and lose the odd 10p.

98no 28p Turbo DYMs saw 60 wins and 38 Losses
    Not going to mention the £2.20 DYM error (that had 4 straight wins at 28p each side of it)

Not played any more points freerolls as i don't really need to at the moment at least. played just one Sunday Major freeroll on Saturday getting all the way until 8th place before i ran out of steam.

Betting at -37 (that looks better than adding a 'pence' sign so we will stick with just figures here in the short term at least)

Current Balance £3.16 (+Tournament token)

The objective for week 2 is 100 points if we can do it last week this should be no different. 500 before Friday is a push (428 required, 4 evenings) will review an hour or so into tonights games.

Tonights bet.

Not enough pennies behind to complete in any of the current league yet s will have to concentrate on the daily predictions.

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    ^^^ Nice one! Well done.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171

oioi, up & running now, well done.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited January 2023
    WELL DONE @coo1-um mate .....nice to see a fellow OWL doing almost as well as our team ......WAWAW :)

Did you play footy for your school and which school did you go to? ( I went to Hallam and Tapton, played footy for both.....and Golf for Tapton)
  • Options
    Really not sure where this challenge is going anymore following the good fortune of last night. obviously wont be playing any 28p Turbo DYMs for a while.
    It started off trying to show thats its possible for anyone to build a bankroll but my question now is What is a bankroll?

Obviously the main question I have about the heads up last night is 'if you are going to wait for your "Sat Out' opponent to come back how long do you leave it?', I think 3-5 minutes is about right, this time however was when we were 3 handed.
    Should you sit and just fold for 10 or 20 minutes especially almost 4 hours into a game.
    They did come back 10 minutes or so after disconnection and did double up to retake the lead, should a player through etiquette sit and fold for 20 minutes only to lose an worse starting hand. so overall happy with my decision to raise and take chips 5 minutes should be plenty of time to reconnect and i had no control of the situation when 3 handed.

Continuing this week with 100 poker points in mind, but it would be remiss of me not to play some MML games to try and add to the 57pts that the win last night got me.

Tonight 4 X £5.50BH 2 x £2.20 BH and maybe £0.55 from the MML schedule, the rewrds game and maybe a few £1.60 Gold Rush sats, so the thread may shortly be retitled;
    HOW TO BUILD AND LOSE A STACK IN 10 DAYS.

This is how we rock.

No luck on the betting front so far tonight we continue with this 10 bet.

MISTY4ME said:

WELL DONE @coo1-um mate .....nice to see a fellow OWL doing almost as well as our team ......WAWAW :)

Did you play footy for your school and which school did you go to? ( I went to Hallam and Tapton, played footy for both.....and Golf for Tapton)

WAWAW

Yes I went to school, played all sports for them although a golf team would have been quite a stretch.
    i remember 2 games against Tapton both finishing 0:0 Football which ended at 8 a side and the other Rugby, not much action it that one.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    coo1-um said:

Really not sure where this challenge is going anymore following the good fortune of last night. obviously wont be playing any 28p Turbo DYMs for a while.
    It started off trying to show thats its possible for anyone to build a bankroll but my question now is What is a bankroll?

Obviously the main question I have about the heads up last night is 'if you are going to wait for your "Sat Out' opponent to come back how long do you leave it?', I think 3-5 minutes is about right, this time however was when we were 3 handed.
    Should you sit and just fold for 10 or 20 minutes especially almost 4 hours into a game.
    They did come back 10 minutes or so after disconnection and did double up to retake the lead, should a player through etiquette sit and fold for 20 minutes only to lose an worse starting hand. so overall happy with my decision to raise and take chips 5 minutes should be plenty of time to reconnect and i had no control of the situation when 3 handed.

Continuing this week with 100 poker points in mind, but it would be remiss of me not to play some MML games to try and add to the 57pts that the win last night got me.

Tonight 4 X £5.50BH 2 x £2.20 BH and maybe £0.55 from the MML schedule, the rewrds game and maybe a few £1.60 Gold Rush sats, so the thread may shortly be retitled;
    HOW TO BUILD AND LOSE A STACK IN 10 DAYS.

This is how we rock.

No luck on the betting front so far tonight we continue with this 10 bet.

MISTY4ME said:

WAWAW

Yes I went to school, played all sports for them although a golf team would have been quite a stretch.
    i remember 2 games against Tapton both finishing 0:0 Football which ended at 8 a side and the other Rugby, not much action it that one.
    I went to school too but like that rugby match there wasn't much action
    As for the discon , threes up i'd carry on as normal HU i might wait and have done but only for 5 minutes or so
    Well played last night mate
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    We may well have played against each other, tho' defo not at Rugby. I used to get really bad nosebleeds so managed to get out of getting hurt, leaving it to the BIG boys ;)

......Which school was it you went to ?

Hinde House had one of the best teams. Nearly all their side were over 6 feet tall and all had stubble. I think half their side went on to OWLS Academy :)
  • Options
    Couldn't be bothered last night, rewards - nil 3x £1.60 sats to Gold Rush Semi for a £2.88 return and 2 of the £5.50 MML games.
    No motivation to play, Cashed in 1 off the MML games but once i knew i have covered my evening outlay i just handed my chips over.

Currently sitting 3rd in the MML table so may play a few tonight, will have to see how it goes.

No joy at all in the betting so tonight another bet builder for 10

Current Balance £84.32
  • Options
    Current Balance £81.35
    Played 2 main semi sats reached the semi where i finished 12th with 8 seats available. also some MML games thrown in for good measure.
    Same (ish) again tonight. Probably my last chance to score MML points and currently in 3rd place.

Don't know where this thread is going or if it has a future to be honest, my aim was to show its possible to build a bankroll. Then luck boxed a win off a £2.30 token.

Maybe i need to start afresh.

Bet Fulham / Chelsea Draw 12/5
  • Options
    coo1-um said:

Current Balance £81.35
    Played 2 main semi sats reached the semi where i finished 12th with 8 seats available. also some MML games thrown in for good measure.
    Same (ish) again tonight. Probably my last chance to score MML points and currently in 3rd place.

Don't know where this thread is going or if it has a future to be honest, my aim was to show its possible to build a bankroll. Then luck boxed a win off a £2.30 token.

Maybe i need to start afresh.

Bet Fulham / Chelsea Draw 12/5

Hi @coo1-um mate ......defo keep the thread going.

I think you need to set yourself a target of say £1000 (like @GaryQQQ did) or £0 to £1500 (then you're the Forum Challenge BOSS) ......so that you keep the focus going forward. £81.35 isn't much of a BR for the lean times

GOOD LUCK with it, whatever you decide to do :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171

@MISTY4ME @coo1-um

Agree, be good to see if you can run it up to a decent number.
  • Options
    Let see if next week makes a difference.

Playing in the MML by default this week only because i pushed for the £2.30 token last week i think this just goes to show that a little more effort helps sometimes.
    I think my main problem is no limit tournaments realistically anything that starts after 8pm is difficult due to the finish time, really need to be done by 10.30 at the latest. feel like i have effectively thrown away 2 deep runs in the last 2 nights due to this issue calling off when i knew i was behind including the mini main last night.

Week 2 objective will be met as i currently on 88pts, done for today though.
    A 2nd final table in two days in the 17:15 Rebuy went onto produce a 2nd win of the week.

Looking forward to week 3 the new PLO8 league starts so i will look to play a few of those games although again this will be limited to 4 days, with a new 7 day format and only 3 games a night this could be difficult to be competitive and i am unsure how many of the winning players £5.50 entry games will be included in their score. @lfccarl seems to have got the right idea about running it and it would be good to support it.

However week 3 objective will be 500pts for the stack builder freeroll, (so it actually starts Tomorrow) It seems crazy to think i could even consider this as an option a week ago, i am not expecting to reach all my weekly objectives, maybe this one is a little out of my reach but at the beginning of last week i would have said 100 points would definitely not be reachable.
    Probably start off with £2.20 Turbo DYMs as hope i run well early if not dropping down to £0.28 chasing points its not about the money so its pointless playing £0.55 and £1.10 games.

Sky bet another loss today, tomorrow we are chasing the losses with this sky boost.
    Tyrone Mings to score a header was 14/1 NOW 20/1 the usual 10 on this of course.

Nice free shot offered from Sky Bet for this weekend.

Current Balance £105.90
  • Options
    Week 2 Review.

All in all a good week, 2 wins helped towards a second place finish in the MML which brings in an additional £11 of tournament buy ins.
    128 points last week, just the 40 towards 500 and this weeks stack builder though, so that may be unachievable.

Sky Bet -70 with 7 fails.
    Vegas +30 from the spins.

Would like better records but i have done with sitting and recording and Sky do not help anymore with their software.

End of week Balance £91.71 +£2.30 Token +£11 Tournament Token.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Monday saw a quick chase for Points ended with the cutting of losses following 1 win from 4no £5.50 DYMs
    £10 in the rewards freeroll was followed with a 2nd place in the PLO8 19:18 game which took us back into profit.

76 points from the 500 required for the stack builder looks like a very difficult task now with just 3 evenings available, see how it goes tonight hopefully i can start with a few wins.

2nd place in the MML league last week has been turned into an entry into tonights and tomorrow 18:30 Bounty Hunter.

Nightly bet of 10 went down, total down a whole 107 (p)
    1 corner each team each half and 10 booking points each team in tonights wolves - Liverpool game @6/4 is todays bet for 10 as we get semi serious with this.

Current Balance £116.63 + 2x £5.50 entries
  • Options
    Tuesday saw a few poker losses. 22no £5.50 DYMs saw 12 wins for a £1 loss but 110 points brought the weekly to 161 and 201 for the Stack Builder. 299 in 2 nights, is it possible, could take a small loss if i know i am going to get there.

Tomorrow brings the freerolls and 18:30 Bounty Hunter courtesy of the MML, maybe try and sneak a few early DYMs in.

Sky Bet a win at last brings a 15 profit and takes the losses back under 3 figures.
    20p bet tomorrow.

Current Balance. £105.76
  • Options
    just the 3 tournaments on Wednesday no outlay (or cashes for that matter) but the MML gained, free entry brought in 5 poker points.
    Early success in the £5.50 turbo DYM's led to 54 of these being played for 270 points bringing the weekly total to 436.

This weeks objective seemed a little difficult when i set it and i needed to run good but with 1 evening remaining and just 24points are needed so its well within reach now (436+40). Tomorrow will be micro sats, freerolls, and DYM's.

34 wins in the 54 DYM's saw a profit too which is always nice.

Sky bet of 20 taking the sky on Rashford 2+ SOT went down, so back to 10 tomorrow again taking the boost;
    Haaland & Kane 2+ shots on target each (was 7/2) now @7/1

Finding it difficult every day the get the 10k steps with plenty of extra walking required to hit the target, but managed it so far and 5% into the year.

Current Balance £148.56