You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Outstanding or Interesting Photo's

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054

lucy4 said:

Uneffingbelievable

That has to precede a front end wash out, Its gone. I've created some crazy lean angles usually as a prelude to crashing, but that's an almost impossible angle of dangle.
    lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

Uneffingbelievable

That has to precede a front end wash out, Its gone. I've created some crazy lean angles usually as a prelude to crashing, but that's an almost impossible angle of dangle.
    Mark Marquez Save of the Day he saved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BgiyCf-5jQ
    Interesting use of the phrase "defied gravity".

His knee, upper leg, hip, side, elbow, upper arm and shoulder were all used to push himself back up off the tarmac.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,460
    That's absolutely crazy, he's actually dropped it (front end has gone) but has managed to use the physics of the centrifugal forces in the turn to then hold it with his buttock and elbow and then by actually accelerating the bike automatically wants to sit up and his control of both bike and body result in an incredible piece of riding.

It isn't something you can think or learn it's just instinctive, a reaction within the primal part of the brain. The difference between the very best in the world and the 99.9999% of riders is that here Marc is thinking at lightening speed through the process. The rest of us are just thinking "Oh sh1t".
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,665
    Think ( but ) could be Wrong..... didn't this guy start the hang off the side of bike trend. !
    Few knee caps later they were all doing it .

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,322
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,538
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,322
    Every year I'm astounded by these people who partake in the IOM event, I usually call them 'Nutters' but I think they deserve more than that description. They are actually 'F**king complete nutters and how they've got the b4lls to do this I don't know'... :D
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,579
    @lucy4 the iom lap record, for 35mls is circa 135mph. The north west 200 lap record is circa 127mph. The nw200 is by far the most insane imo..given the terrain..
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Every year I'm astounded by these people who partake in the IOM event, I usually call them 'Nutters' but I think they deserve more than that description. They are actually 'F**king complete nutters and how they've got the b4lls to do this I don't know'... :D

It's an absolute rush. People often think that the riders have a death wish.

Actually it's the complete opposite. Motorcycle Road Racing, Skydiving, Mountaineering, Wingsuit Flying and any other extreme sports are undertaken by people with a complete love of life.

People who understand that the only real affirmation of life is to be on the edge. Not in a reckless way, but in a dangerous environment in which you have an element of control.

16 years ago one of us didn't come back from the island. Every year some of us go over for the TT people question why we still ride and ride hard.

If you know, you know. if you don't, you never will.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,263
    edited June 1
    goldon said:

Think ( but ) could be Wrong..... didn't this guy start the hang off the side of bike trend. !

First rider I ever saw do it was John "Moon Eyes" Cooper, back in the late 60's, though it was not anything like as extreme as it subsequently became. John was very popular & came from Derby. He was especially good at Mallory with that huge long sweeping right hander suiting his style.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

goldon said:

First rider I ever saw do it was John "Moon Eyes" Cooper, back in the late 60's, though it was not anything like as extreme as it subsequently became. John was very popular & came from Derby. He was especially good at Mallory with that huge long sweeping right hander suiting his style.

Impressive considering the width of the tyre band.

I would love to have seen some of the proper old school racers on todays modern machines. Guys from Duke, Hailwood, Agostini, Reid etc. up to the 500cc GP riders of the 60's, 70's 80's and 90's