You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football chants

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,212
    Essexphil said:

mumsie said:

Was one of the songs, We're on the march with Alis army ?

No, but close.

"We have a dream" by B A Robertson was 1 of the 2 songs...
    That means 1982 then. So looking for a Scot who played for a team who had a Wembley final song who was also in the International team as well. ??
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,639
    edited February 2023
    Steve Archiebold
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,058
    stokefc said:

Steve Archiebold

Yes. Scotland/B A Robertson, and Tottenham/Chas & Dave.

Interestingly (at least to me) he played with distinction for top clubs in England & Spain. Played for various clubs in Scotland. Yet never played for either Celtic or Rangers.

Surprisingly, only 27 caps for Scotland.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,058
    edited February 2023
    Last detour-promise.

Chas & Dave. Spurs fans who created great music, that was rather more appreciated by musicians than the public.

Remembered as singers of comedy songs. But were so much more than that.

A duo (technically a trio) who opened for Led Zep at Knebworth both times. That sang with some geezer called Eric Clapton in the "Odds & Sods" tribute Blues Band in the 1980s. Opened for, and idolised by, the Libertines. Creators of the main hook used by Eminem in "My Name Is". Asked to write the theme for "Only Fools" (they were on tour so could not, but did write/perform "Margate" for the programme) theme songs for things as diverse as In Sickness and in Health and Crackerjack!

Lots of Spurs songs. From "Ossie's Dream" (Spurs are on the way to Wembley, Ossie's knees have gone all trembly", "Tottenham, Tottenham" (No-one will stop'em), "When the Year Ends in One" and many more. Still a mystery to me why the epic "The Victory Song (We're off to Wembley Cos We Beat the Arsenal)" didn't chart in 1991. "In the North London Cup, they was only Runners Up" Surely everyone must love that? :)