You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lets chat about Vegas Sats...

MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532

Yet again, the Vegas QF tonight cancelled due to 'not enough' players.

However, at 8.43/44, there were 7 (seven) players in the lobby. It needed a min of 5 to run. Without naming players, it is blatantly obvious that some are just regging for the target tournament, playing the all in sats, then de-regging. Ok, i know I know I know, there is nothing stopping players doing this. I stand by my long standing argument against 'sats for cash' but feel this is slightly different. This is denying some micro players their chance. ie...only level they can buy into (IMO).

I do appreciate there are numerous other ways to qualify. The giveaway being the best by far ;)

I also understand that Sky do more than most to look after all they players.

I suppose I have come on here for a bit of a rant because I am STILL sore at bubbling a Vegas Final last year.....even Facebook memories reminded me of this yesterday. Sigh.

Anyway, I dont have the answers...just the questions.

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,599
    MAXALLY said:

However, at 8.43/44, there were 7 (seven) players in the lobby. It needed a min of 5 to run. Without naming players, it is blatantly obvious that some are just regging for the target tournament, playing the all in sats, then de-regging. Ok, i know I know I know, there is nothing stopping players doing this. I stand by my long standing argument against 'sats for cash' but feel this is slightly different. This is denying some micro players their chance. ie...only level they can buy into (IMO).

I do appreciate there are numerous other ways to qualify. The giveaway being the best by far ;)

I suppose I have come on here for a bit of a rant because I am STILL sore at bubbling a Vegas Final last year.....even Facebook memories reminded me of this yesterday. Sigh.

I agree 100%. It is such a pity that they are not able to be played.

Perhaps name and shame is the answer?
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    tai-gar said:

MAXALLY said:

I agree 100%. It is such a pity that they are not able to be played.

Perhaps name and shame is the answer?
    I’m not sure how shaming players who have done nothing wrong works!
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    Can you help me understand why somebody would unreg after playing an all in sat?

• Options
    Bean81 said:

Can you help me understand why somebody would unreg after playing an all in sat?

Reg for the tournament - play the all in sats - if player wins one of the all in sats he gets the money because he has already registered for the tournament.

Then he unregisters from the tournament and has received the buy-in in cash.

Hope that helps.

In tournaments like these with few runners it often means that the tournaments do not have enough players to start.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,086
    I can see merit in all sides of this.

People should be allowed to play sats for cash-apart from anything else, without these players the sub-sats/all-ins would not run. In the latter, they tend to reduce the overlay.

The problem is that the answers found by other sites could not work here due to the limitations of Sky software.

Would it be possible for the entrants who invariably cash out not to appear in the list of entrants seen by others?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    This is interesting.

What it the target event should I be buying into with the view to de-registering should I win entry ?
  • Options
    mumsie said:

This is interesting.

What it the target event should I be buying into with the view to de-registering should I win entry ?

Anything which is 1 level above your current sat. Particularly for (currently) Vegas/SPT Glasgow/Sunday Major/any 8 pm

Sky do have in place some things to make it more difficult. So-for example-the window for being allowed to enter tournaments is shorter than you might think. All of the tournaments where this might happen you cannot currently register for-whether it is the Sunday Major, any 8 pm, right down to a Vegas quarter.

The point is-Sky have to have subqualifiers that are likely to finish just before the target event, to try and ensure sufficient numbers enter the target event. And by the time they start (never mind finish), the entry for the target event has opened. And people take advantage of that.

Which they are perfectly entitled to do.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

People should be allowed to play sats for cash-apart from anything else, without these players the sub-sats/all-ins would not run. In the latter, they tend to reduce the overlay.

The problem is that the answers found by other sites could not work here due to the limitations of Sky software.

Would it be possible for the entrants who invariably cash out not to appear in the list of entrants seen by others?

Cheers for your thoughts Phil....always welcome sensible discussions around this subject.

Would it be possible for the entrants who invariably cash out not to appear in the list of entrants seen by others? - I strongly disagree with this. This would have a negative effect on the issue, IMHO. Sky implemented a change a while back which now does not show which players have been awarded the cash instead of the ticket in the lobby (DL version) .

I agree that the Sky Poker software would not be able to cope with anything else at the moment in regards to satellite step programs.

• Options
    MAXALLY said:

Essexphil said:

Cheers for your thoughts Phil....always welcome sensible discussions around this subject.

Would it be possible for the entrants who invariably cash out not to appear in the list of entrants seen by others? - I strongly disagree with this. This would have a negative effect on the issue, IMHO. Sky implemented a change a while back which now does not show which players have been awarded the cash instead of the ticket in the lobby (DL version) .

I agree that the Sky Poker software would not be able to cope with anything else at the moment in regards to satellite step programs.

Take your point, Alan. I was merely concentrating on the numbers implying sufficient entrants 1 minute before half the field drops out. Which is part of the reason many don't run. As well as a subsat that finishes 1 minute too late. But I agree that the downside wins.

I think there had to be a change in relation to showing "cashes" that you mention. For example, I often play both the 6 pm and 7 15 qualifiers for the 8 pm MTTs. And it was quite annoying getting dogs abuse from the 7 15 when the reason it was "cash" is that I was playing the target tournament
  • Options
    So the Vegas QF cancelled again due to lack of runners/players playing the earlier sats for cash.

The Semi Final does not start for another nearly 2 hours....no more sats to get into that. At £94 a pop, it really does not give the micro players a chance.

I really think the sat tree needs looking at (IMHO).

Spent the last few days looking at other ways to qualify on different sites.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited May 2023
    I'm surprised no one has been playing the micro sat's to get in to the Quarter-Final. I'm pretty sure that only one has gone ahead, each of the last two days.......maybe if the All-Ins were stopped (which always run at a loss anyway) more people would play the micro sat's as the only option to get into the Quarter-Final

The same thing has been happening with the Sunday Major sat's for a while now. Since @HAYSIE stopped playing them, very few go ahead these days. Who would have thought he would be missed so much ;):D
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

I'm surprised no one has been playing the micro sat's to get in to the Quarter-Final. I'm pretty sure that only one has gone ahead, each of the last two days.......maybe if the All-Ins were stopped (which always run at a loss anyway) more people would play the micro sat's as the only option to get into the Quarter-Final

The same thing has been happening with the Sunday Major sat's for a while now. Since @HAYSIE stopped playing them, very few go ahead these days. Who would have thought he would be missed so much ;):D

Not sure if there were any micro sats today for the Vegas QF tonight, but Sky have now pulled the All in sats for it. Another kick in the balls for the micro players.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,461
    Essexphil said:

Do you think that it might just be a case of too many running at the moment?
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

MISTY4ME said:

Not sure if there were any micro sats today for the Vegas QF tonight, but Sky have now pulled the All in sats for it. Another kick in the balls for the micro players.
    There were several went ahead today (pretty sure at least three, which is three more than some days last week, hence the reason the Quarter-Final went ahead too, even without the All-Ins. Whether the QF will go ahead later in the week, when the people who have qualified, don't bother playing the sat's, we shall see....... unless of course they are playing Sat's for CA$H ;)

There are micro sat's for £2.25 where 1 in 10 qualify, so the micro players are looked after if they are interested in playing .....though it would be nice if the minimum runners was reduced from five to four....or even three :)

GOOD LUCK in the Semi-Final on Sunday ALAN......hope to see you there mate

(.........or in a Quarter-Final along the way) ;)>:):)
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    MISTY4ME said:

MAXALLY said:

MISTY4ME said:

There were several went ahead today (pretty sure at least three, which is three more than some days last week, hence the reason the Quarter-Final went ahead too, even without the All-Ins. Whether the QF will go ahead later in the week, when the people who have qualified, don't bother playing the sat's, we shall see....... unless of course they are playing Sat's for CA$H ;)

There are micro sat's for £2.25 where 1 in 10 qualify, so the micro players are looked after if they are interested in playing .....though it would be nice if the minimum runners was reduced from five to four....or even three :)

Pity the All in sats are not running as I play my best poker in these.

Why not run them after the Quarter Finals have started. That would stop the money runners but still enable the micro players to get a chance.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 442
    Why not run them after the Quarter Finals have started. That would stop the money runners but still enable the micro players to get a chance.

Just a thought.

If the Qtr gets cancelled any satellite finishing afterwards doesn't refund players so this would create more problems.
  • Options
    tai-gar said:

MISTY4ME said:

MAXALLY said:

MISTY4ME said:

Pity the All in sats are not running as I play my best poker in these.

Just a thought.
    I agree with this too, but with only around 8 or 10 players, I'm sure they wouldn't be viable...... and some people who are now playing the micro sat's, might just wait for the All-ins, and consequently the Quarter may well not go ahead.

GOOD LUCK for today everyone :)
  • Options

Just a thought.

If the Qtr gets cancelled any satellite finishing afterwards doesn't refund players so this would create more problems.

Hi @Sky_James

Could the sat’s be programmed not to run if the Qtr gets cancelled? Everyone would get their money back without a problem.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    tai-gar said:

Just a thought.

Hi @Sky_James

Could the sat’s be programmed not to run if the Qtr gets cancelled? Everyone would get their money back without a problem.

It seems simple enough or maybe not with Skys software , it's a matter of ticking or unticking a few boxes after cancellation , could be done at home even if not in the office , i mean , they're a multi-million £ gambling company so somebody should be on the ball...just my opinion like
  • Options
    stokefc said:

tai-gar said:

Just a thought.

Hi @Sky_James

It seems simple enough or maybe not with Skys software , it's a matter of ticking or unticking a few boxes after cancellation , could be done at home even if not in the office , i mean , they're a multi-million £ gambling company so somebody should be on the ball...just my opinion like

Totally agree Sean. It sometimes beggars belief how bad the software is...but sometimes the site would rather apportion the blame on the players rather than look at the bigger picture. Nice of Sky James to drop into this thread...albeit to not answer any of the real issues. I thought this was a good discussion thread myself.