You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Keir Starmer’s popularity sinks in Red Wall

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,088
    Doubleme said:

small correction silly math moment the work example they would be working 75 hours a week in that example not 70. if the increase had been 50% but was then slowed down to 25% then 25% of 60 would be 15. 15+60=75.

I cant see why you would wish to complicate things.
    For example, when he made the speech, inflation was running at 10.5%.
    So halving it means that it should be running at 5.25% or less by the end of the year.

Stopping the boats, means that there will be none by the end of the year.

The others are a bit more difficult.
    For instance there are more people on NHS waiting lists now, than when he made the speech.
    Yet they have reduced some of the longer waits, despite the fact that the list is longer.

Our debt is still increasing due to further borrowing, and increased interest rates on the debt.
    So he looks like he will fail on that one.
    Yet he may say that even though the debt has increased, it didnt increase by the amount it was expected to, therefore our debt has been reduced, despite the fact that we will owe more.

If growth is virtually non existent, but we dont fall into recession, like many of our neighbours, then the Tories may see this as positive.

My criteria is easy, inflation no more than 5.25%, no boats, less debt, a growing economy, and less people on NHS waiting lists.

Simples.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,586
    HAYSIE said:

Doubleme said:

small correction silly math moment the work example they would be working 75 hours a week in that example not 70. if the increase had been 50% but was then slowed down to 25% then 25% of 60 would be 15. 15+60=75.

I cant see why you would wish to complicate things.
    For example, when he made the speech, inflation was running at 10.5%.
    So halving it means that it should be running at 5.25% or less by the end of the year.

Stopping the boats, means that there will be none by the end of the year.

The others are a bit more difficult.
    For instance there are more people on NHS waiting lists now, than when he made the speech.
    Yet they have reduced some of the longer waits, despite the fact that the list is longer.

Our debt is still increasing due to further borrowing, and increased interest rates on the debt.
    So he looks like he will fail on that one.
    Yet he may say that even though the debt has increased, it didnt increase by the amount it was expected to, therefore our debt has been reduced, despite the fact that we will owe more.

If growth is virtually non existent, but we dont fall into recession, like many of our neighbours, then the Tories may see this as positive.

My criteria is easy, inflation no more than 5.25%, no boats, less debt, a growing economy, and less people on NHS waiting lists.

Simples.
    and your response just makes clear how hopeless this is. if inflation is running at 5% by the end of the year I still consider this government have let us down very badly we are still worse of then we are currently are let alone worse of then we were before.

stopping the boats well yeah that isn't happening they dont even intend for it to happen nor do they want it to happen.

Look its quite clear people dont want me around in most places I just dont connect with people I dont have the social area of the brain i guess. So i dont get given the best jobs I get rejected a lot when applying for jobs so normally I only get the jobs that no one else wants.

What group does that remind you off? Immigrants I have found time and time again that if your doing a job and your the only English guy there its a very bad sign. simply because English people tend to be a lot less likely to stay in jobs where they are abused.
    I am not anti immigrant I am anti mass immigration because it lowers living standards and rights for the working classes.

This tory party literally believe in slavery and sorry that may sound ridiculous but I wont take that back. Lee Anderson is the deputy chairman of the Tory party so he strongly represents the tory party and their values. If he was some random back bencher I would not mention him so often. He believes anti social tenants should be forced to live in tents and pick vegetables. which is a form of slavery is it not? also do you know what counts as anti social tenants one of the key criteria is been late on rent. So the tory party literally believe in debt slavery. You seriously believe they wont want mass immigration a
    load of vulnerable people who they can exploit for cheap labour and lower the working conditions for the working class?

but yeah if they half inflation so things are even worse then they are now by the end of this year but the rate of things getting worse has slowed down Rishi Sunak gets all this praise.

you have proven my point I have more chance of winning the Euro Millions then labour do of winning the next election.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,423

Pincher gets 8 week suspension for pinching & the Tories face another by-election.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-66115262

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,005
    Got to say that the Parliamentary Watchdog has its priorities all wrong. This is the order they see as the right punishments:-

1. Dare to challenge Parliamentary Committee sitting as "Court" (Boris) Additional 70 day suspension
    2. At least a decade of regularly sexually assaulting young men (Pincher). 56 day suspension.
    3. A PM lying to Parliament (Boris)-20 day suspension.

You could argue that the severity should be 2/3/1. Or possibly 3/2/1.

But defending yourself against a Parliament hit squad pretending to be a Court is the least serious of the 3.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,005
    I did find the whole ULEZ thing in Uxbridge rather amusing.

Some clever campaigning on the part of the Tories. Focussing very much on the "expansion" of ULEZ. Not ULEZ itself.

For the very simple reason that it was the brainchild of the last Mayor of London. And the last MP for Uxbridge. Boris Johnson.

Got to admire the sheer nerve of the Tories in blaming 1 of its own policies on Labour :)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

I did find the whole ULEZ thing in Uxbridge rather amusing.

Some clever campaigning on the part of the Tories. Focussing very much on the "expansion" of ULEZ. Not ULEZ itself.

For the very simple reason that it was the brainchild of the last Mayor of London. And the last MP for Uxbridge. Boris Johnson.

Got to admire the sheer nerve of the Tories in blaming 1 of its own policies on Labour :)

I agree.
    Although it is the expansion that will effect voters in Uxbridge.

It is probably not a very well thought out policy.
    Poorer households will be the owners of the older cars, and the least able to pay what is effectively an extra tax.
    Although you cant argue against the benefits of cleaner air.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,586
    see this is why Tories will definitely for sure win the next election they will successfully demonize labour and blame labour for the mess they created and it will work. There is absolutely no chance what so ever Labour have of winning the next election.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Rishi Sunak urged to go for spring election by senior Conservatives

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/rishi-sunak-urged-spring-election-040014660.html
  • Options
  • Options