You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What to watch in 2024: best new TV Series/Movies.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    edited January 3
    HAYSIE said:
    This was good.
    Tikay10 said:

That's the lady.

HAYSIE said:

6 Seasons of this just became available on Alibi.
    I though it was a cracking series, and have watched it a couple of times.
    Well worth a watch.

Justified Season 1 Promo / trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihxiFseaa30

Justified - Official Series Trailer | Timothy Olyphant | FX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86zzu8wz0-U

JUSTIFIED
    97%
    AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    94%
    SERIES INFO
    Deputy Raylan Givens has his own, Wild West-style methods of upholding justice, putting him at odds with the criminals he hunts and with his bosses in the U.S. Marshals Service. And an incident prompts his reassignment to the Kentucky district where he grew up. The character is based on one created by author Elmore Leonard in several books and short stories.

Starring: Timothy Olyphant, Walton Goggins, Nick Searcy, Jacob Pitts, Erica Tazel

Justified: television's best kept secret
    It's a compelling and complex series that seems to be going largely ignored. Here's why you should be tuning in to Justified…

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2011/jun/30/justified-five-usa

Review: The ‘Justified’ Series Finale Is Everything You Could Hope For

https://www.indiewire.com/criticism/shows/review-the-justified-series-finale-is-everything-you-could-hope-for-63045/

Justified (TV Series 2010–2015) Poster
    Justified (2010–2015)
    User Reviews
    Review this title
    367 Reviews
    Hide SpoilersSort by:
    Featured
    Filter by Rating:
    Show All
    10/10
    Love This Show!!
    DiCaprioFan1329 October 2022
    I don't even know how to describe how much I loved this show. Justified is easily one of my favorite shows of all-time! The show is about a wild-west like U. S. Marshall Deputy named Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant) who will go to any lengths to bring justice to the criminals he's hunting. This all takes place in his hometown in Kentucky. Olyphant was absolutely perfect in this as Raylan Givens. The rest of the cast is great too, especially the incredibly underrated Walton Goggins as outlaw Boyd Crowder. I literally loved every episodes of every season. I heard they're bringing it back after in 2023 for another season so I can't wait!
    120 out of 122 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
    10/10
    One of the most underrated and best shows ever created!
    Supermanfan-1317 May 2020
    Justified is one of the most underrated and best tv shows I've ever seen and absolutely deserves all the great reviews and high ratings it gets! It's one of the rare shows where every season is as good as the others. Timothy Olyphant was perfect in this as Raylan Givens. I can't say enough about this phenomenal show except to go watch it, you will not be disappointed! Absolutely loved it!
    136 out of 145 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
    8/10
    One of the GOAT tv shows.
    athanasiosze13 January 2023
    FIRST SEASON : 8/10

SECOND SEASON: 8,3/10

THIRD SEASON : 8,4/10

FOURTH SEASON : 8,1/10

FIFTH SEASON: 8,1/10

SIXTH SEASON: 8,3/10.

This is not just one of the greatest tv shows of all time, but one of the most consistent ones too. Because there is not even an one "just good" season, they are all very very good. From beginning to end, there is not even a slightly drop in quality. Ok, first 4-5 episodes are not great, but when it starts being great, it's great all the way through. There is tension, top notch acting, very likeable characters, drama, catharsis. It's realistic but not excessively gritty. These are human characters not tv caricatures. And the greatest quality here is the script. Not only the plot. The dialogues are sharp as a razor. The interaction between the characters is convincing as it gets.

Olyphant is Swagger Incarnated. Goggins is the archetype of the charismatic, vicious but charming, criminal. Joelle Carter is the Damsel in Distress who choose to fight back for her life, instead of waiting for the "Prince in white horse".

Every actor here does an amazing job, the casting is excellent.

The ending is brilliant.

Congratulations to everyone involved in this fantastic tv show.
    42 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
    8/10
    Once upon a time in Kentucky...
    deloudelouvain15 May 2015
    I just finished the whole series and I enjoyed every single one of the episodes from all seasons. This is an underrated series that deserves much more people to know about it. I'm normally not a big fan of Kentucky accent but in this show it's just great. The conversations between the actors are also excellent. I just love the way they talk in Justified. The actors are all top notch, can't really fail anybody on this show. Walton Goggins (as Boyd Crowder) and Timothy Olyphant (as Raylan Givens)are definitely the two actors that carry this series to a higher level. Their eternal battle against each other is a pleasure for the eye and ear. The story is well written, you never get bored for a second. I certainly will watch Justified again in the future.
    53 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
    10/10
    Because we dug coal together. ~a tear~
    brooksrob13 November 2022
    Warning: Spoilers
    32 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.

10/10
    BETTER THE SECOND TIME AROUND
    levybob10 July 2023
    I watched 'Justified' the first time it played on FX. Now I'm re-viewing it on HULU, and am I loving it? Yes, indeed., The richness of the writing, the characterizations, the relationships; it's extraordinary. How NEW characters are introduced is exceptional. I have now re-watched the series' first three seasons. And the way that each episode seems to contain a satisfactory ending while, at the same time, hinting that there's really more to come ... keeps me fully involved. And anxious to watch the next episode.

Timothy Olyphant is the hero we all wish were our best friend. Walton Goggins' Boyd Crowder is the villain we cannot help but like. The writing here is superb. The stakes are high. The action, credible. The setting, small town Kentucky, is perfect: I wanna go there and see how very perfect it is.

We've got the 'Dixie Mafia' (real, who knows?) to contend with. We've got Southern lovelies to die for (Natalie Zea, Joe Elle Carter). We've got businessmen paying off officials, sheriffs being paid off, cheap motels, phony preachers, fancy cars, drug lords, New York bookies, big city refugees, villainous grannies, an African American 'bank' disguised as a Bar-B-Que ... this series approaches perfection.

You ought'a watch it.

If you don't, well, you're making a big mistake.
    14 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
    10/10
    Justifiably one of the best series ever
    jackDee-565655 September 2020
    Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins worked well together all the seasons are great and worthy of rewatches, most of the villains are fantasic , Raylan is a great lawman and a total badass, Boyd is one of the best anti hero characters ever written, you wont be disappointed with Justified it had a fitting finale
    37 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
    10/10
    Hat and shoulders above the rest
    Mr-Fusion13 February 2017
    "Justified" had real promise when it first started. It wasn't just a cop show, but also a bit of a Western. with old-fashioned lawman Raylan Givens chasing down modern fugitives. He's kind of a ****, but the best kind: a charming one. And Timothy Olyphant was (is) perfect for this role.
    edited January 4
    edited January 4
    edited January 8
    edited January 5
    This is the Paramount one.

Accused | Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWezFsjtWMo
    edited January 5
    There is another one on Netflix with the same name.
    I have seen this one-definitely worth a watch.

ACCUSED Official Trailer (2023) UK Thriller by Philip Barantini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl0AxIZP8xA
    edited June 22
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

I have only just noticed that a CH4 app has appeared.
    This is handy for me.
    I watch quite a number of the "Walter Presents" series.
    There is a much more comprehensive selection available on the app, than was previously available on demand.
    For anyone else that is interested, they come under the world drama tab, which can be found under categories, on the home page.

This is very good.
    The Sketch Artist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QvvvRPvn_8

The Sketch Artist
    Available now on Channel 4 streaming
    Walter Presents an intriguing French-Canadian series The Sketch Artist. Set in Montreal, this gripping procedural follows a gifted police sketch artist, Eve Garance (Rachel Graton), as she uses her unique abilities to enhance victims’ memories of dangerous criminals on the loose.
    Just finished it-excellent.
    edited January 6
    This is handy for me.
    There is a much more comprehensive selection available on the app, than was previously available on demand.
    For anyone else that is interested, they come under the world drama tab, which can be found under categories, on the home page.

DARK RIVERS TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsIzf3HIl8
    HENDRIK62 said:

Its probably been mentioned before and Eamonn ( @cpfc_2010 ) apparently told me about various times....
    I would properly recommend it, terrific......
    https://youtu.be/_byGxUym7HQ?si=OPJ__r7GjfYM6NiF

I watched The Sketch Artist (portrait-robot) on CH4, thought it excellent, and knew there would be a second series.
    I went on the internet to see where I could stream it from.
    It seems it is only available on SBS On Demand.
    So I went on their website to have a look.
    They do have series 2, but all their stuff only seems to be available in Australia.
    Whilst on their site, I noticed they are streaming season 2 of Kin, this month.
    We seem to be lagging behind.
    edited January 8
    HAYSIE said:

This is handy for me.

THE TRUTH WILL OUT - WALTER'S INTRO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqNHZPnlQmI

The Truth Will Out Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_bQ2tZz7aw

The Truth Will Out Season 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzyB4ebwETI
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

That's good news, I really enjoyed the Film.

The Truth Will Out, would suit you for definite.
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Its a fascinating story, about a copper that comes back to work after 3 years leave.
    The purpose of the leave was to overcome some mental health problems associated with his brother, who was also a copper, committing suicide by shooting himself.
    He is tasked with setting up a cold case department, and banished to be basement.
    He struggles for staff.
    Only two detectives turn up for interviews.
    The first is in trouble with his current boss for reporting one of his colleagues to Internal Affairs, and is leaving the force to become an Estate Agent.
    The second interview is the colleague that he reported.
    He has no choice, but to take on both of them.
    That is where the story begins, which is based on the truth.
  • cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 320
    HAYSIE said:

HENDRIK62 said:

Its probably been mentioned before and Eamonn ( @cpfc_2010 ) apparently told me about various times....

I watched The Sketch Artist (portrait-robot) on CH4, thought it excellent, and knew there would be a second series.
    They do have series 2, but all their stuff only seems to be available in Australia.
    I'm sure you'll get season two in due time, in my opinion it is even better than season one, the production company that makes it went bust but it is rumoured that it will somehow return for a third series.

If Kin is your cup of tea, I'd highly recommend Love/Hate which is also based in Dublin and has a similar theme to Kin.
    cpfc_2010 said:

HAYSIE said:

HENDRIK62 said:

I'm sure you'll get season two in due time, in my opinion it is even better than season one, the production company that makes it went bust but it is rumoured that it will somehow return for a third series.

If Kin is your cup of tea, I'd highly recommend Love/Hate which is also based in Dublin and has a similar theme to Kin.
    Where did you get season 2 of The Sketch Artist from?
    I am a big fan of Walter Presents.
    Another Canadian programme I liked was 19-2.
    I have watched Love/Hate a couple of times, and thought it was really good.
    I have mentioned on this thread, in reference to Top Boy, and Kin.
    I thought it was better than Kin.
    Justified (above) is excellent.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Its a fascinating story, about a copper that comes back to work after 3 years leave.
    The purpose of the leave was to overcome some mental health problems associated with his brother, who was also a copper, committing suicide by shooting himself.
    He is tasked with setting up a cold case department, and banished to be basement.
    He struggles for staff.
    The first is in trouble with his current boss for reporting one of his colleagues to Internal Affairs, and is leaving the force to become an Estate Agent.
    I am not going to say much about the story, to avoid giving the game away.
    Anyway it kicks off with a convicted serial killer retracting his confession to 8 murders.
    It transpires that the police didnt have very much in the way of evidence, besides his confession.
    Enter the cold case squad to establish whether or not he committed the murders, and if not, who did.
    Not everyone is in favour of the investigation, as if it was proved that he was innocent, then it would cause massive embarrassment, and some red faces amongst senior officials.
    Well worth a watch.
    I have just started on season 2.
    edited January 8
    He struggles for staff.

I am not going to say much about the story, to avoid giving the game away.
    Anyway it kicks off with a convicted serial killer retracting his confession to 8 murders.
    It transpires that the police didnt have very much in the way of evidence, besides his confession.
    Enter the cold case squad to establish whether or not he committed the murders, and if not, who did.
    Not everyone is in favour of the investigation, as if it was proved that he was innocent, then it would cause massive embarrassment, and some red faces amongst senior officials.
    Well worth a watch.
    I have just started on season 2.

I wrote all that, and you could have just watched Walters intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqNHZPnlQmI
    HAYSIE said:

This is handy for me.

THE TWELVE TRAILER
    Walter Presents UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ek19Tx3Rto