You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Really

roydeeroydee Member Posts: 4
I like this site and think the layout is better than a lot of others, however, this site does have a nasty habit of deciding your fate for you. Poker should be left to the randomness of the cards and battle of wits between 2 players. The draw and river cards are always tipped towards the bigger stack. Just been in a comp and was 6th out of 24. Was then put on a table with four bigger stacks than me, every timed I faced one of them the draw and river cards favoured them, I was whittled down and basically kicked out of the Tournament. I was given no less than 11 **** hands in a row. The opposite has happened to me and I’ve gone on to win cash but please skypoker people stop controlling who does or gets what. Very very bias to the bigger stack. Every one tells you that yet you carry on manipulating. Word is spreading people. 💁😔🤔👎

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,635
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
  • Options
    The thing is EVERYONE notices the trends, the certain situations, the fact that online they are dealing with something very different in its performance.

It just what your own position is. If you are a site ambassador, someone winning packages and getting treated very well, a pro working to push/shove charts which work better online.... you are going to defend it as its in your best interests.

If you are someone playing well, outplaying players, but are getting unusually high amount of outcomes against the odds and have no other agendas... you are going to want change.

If you are an outsider looking in, you have to ask yourself... why on earth would players get sooooooo defensive and angry about someone pointing out the obvious about something they dont have a vested interest in? Hmmmmm?
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,635
    @TheWaddy
    TheWaddy said:

The thing is EVERYONE notices the trends, the certain situations, the fact that online they are dealing with something very different in its performance.

It just what your own position is. If you are a site ambassador, someone winning packages and getting treated very well, a pro working to push/shove charts which work better online.... you are going to defend it as its in your best interests.

If you are someone playing well, outplaying players, but are getting unusually high amount of outcomes against the odds and have no other agendas... you are going to want change.

If you are an outsider looking in, you have to ask yourself... why on earth would players get sooooooo defensive and angry about someone pointing out the obvious about something they dont have a vested interest in? Hmmmmm?

I am not sponsored by any sources, I dont know if I could be classed as a pro, I am profitable and am heading to the point where I could do this for a living, not quite there yet mind (almost)

I dont get angry I just post here as a form of boredom and procrastination. I have though made spreadsheets and tested the math of these ranges and every time I have done so I have found them to be very strong and powerful. So I think the ranges are pretty strong.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    TheWaddy said:

Why on earth would players get sooooooo defensive and angry about someone pointing out the obvious about something they dont have a vested interest in? Hmmmmm?

For the same reason people get angry against covid deniers and the million other conspiracy theories.

These allegations tarnish the names of good people and organisations and effect general morale of a populace. They create resentment and injustice on both sides all based on, sometimes, anecdotes and hearsay, and other times, ignorance or paranoia. Sometimes it is down right lies.
  • Options
    The only reason people got angry about covid deniers is for the exact same reason.... they had a vested interest in it, ie unable to live their lives due to their behaviour, etc.

Anger here, can only come from a threat to their own financial gain/personal gains.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    You do realise that these particular allegations are in exact opposition to yours, which state that the weaker players receive favourable runouts meaning you need more all-in situations to beat them, i.e. it’s not favouring the big stack.

But maybe this is another particularly nuanced pattern for another very specific format or stake level.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

The only reason people got angry about covid deniers is for the exact same reason.... they had a vested interest in it, ie unable to live their lives due to their behaviour, etc.

Anger here, can only come from a threat to their own financial gain/personal gains.

You seem to miss the mark every time because of cognitive dissonance. If it doesn't fit your narrative you need to find a reason to make it fit rather than look at the facts.

Btw, a lot of the people who are disagreeing with you are net losers. There's the ignorance I mentioned which is rife in people like you, and incidentally in a lot of older people too. It's not a dig or being agiest. I'm just outlining the facts I am aware of.
  • Options
    bbMike said:

You do realise that these particular allegations are in exact opposition to yours, which state that the weaker players receive favourable runouts meaning you need more all-in situations to beat them, i.e. it’s not favouring the big stack.

But maybe this is another particularly nuanced pattern for another very specific format or stake level.

I cant see anything in his post that connects big stacks in any given tournament, to being weak or strong players. A big stack is just as likely to be a poor player than a good one!

I have no comment on this particular claim, i have not played enough multi player tournaments, nor have i noticed this as a thing when i have.

When players make comments that have no bearing like this (ie who is saying a big stack is a weak or strong player?) on what is being said, no other contributor EVER pulls them up on it, unless its me! Fact! And there has been time after time that it has happened!

Clique is very strong.
  • Options

TheWaddy said:

You seem to miss the mark every time because of cognitive dissonance. If it doesn't fit your narrative you need to find a reason to make it fit rather than look at the facts.

Btw, a lot of the people who are disagreeing with you are net losers. There's the ignorance I mentioned which is rife in people like you, and incidentally in a lot of older people too. It's not a dig or being agiest. I'm just outlining the facts I am aware of.
    Another comment that does not make sense. I have said all along losers do not lose as much as odds dictate... they are happy with the amount of suck outs, believe!

So you may 'have missed the mark' yourself, maybe look that one up on the internet and see what you are suffering from! Dr Stella Artois MPA IPA.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

A big stack is just as likely to be a poor player than a good one!

Is this tongue in cheek?
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Another comment that does not make sense. I have said all along losers do not lose as much as odds dictate... they are happy with the amount of suck outs, believe!

So you may 'have missed the mark' yourself, maybe look that one up on the internet and see what you are suffering from! Dr Stella Artois MPA IPA.

It makes sense but you don't seem to understand it. :/
  • Options

TheWaddy said:

Is this tongue in cheek?
    Absolutely not. I played in a Hi Lo 20 man tourn just a few weeks back. The big stack on the final table, i play heads up alot. He is just about the worst Hi Lo player i play, one i love playing. We were the last 2 in the end and he had a 8 to 1 chip lead even then.

Are you both going to seriously stick together on this one, that a big stack is never a poor player??? Its completely as likely online that the big stack is awful, just as much as being a decent player, especially mid tourn.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    You said:

This could be just a semantics issue.

Are you claiming that a new player has an identical chance, or 'just as likely' chance, to build a big stack relative to a more advanced player?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,028
    We're not saying the big stack is never a poor player. Just that it is more often a good player. For exactly the same reason that it is easier to win, say, 5 times 6/4 on hands than 5 times 6/4 against. Both are possible. But the former is rather more likely.

I'm fascinated to learn how you ever win anything, HU, MTT, anything at all, without at some stage (like the last hand) being the big stack.

You keep saying stupid stuff. Then try and make up what other people say, in a desperate and rather sad attempt to try and show your original statement wasn't stupid.

We don't "stick together". We know how to play poker. We work hard at eliminating leaks in our game. Whereas you wear yours like a badge of honour.
  • Options
    All because BBMike and Dr Stella suggest big stacks mean good players.... And im the one saying stupid stuff.... right.....
  • Options
    This all stemmed from them saying my theory that poor players are protected online is false if RoyDee's theory that the 'big stacks always win' was true.

Although It is not my theory big stacks always win.... even if they did, there is completely no connection with big stacks and their overall ability. I would point to the WSOP main event and how many known players reach the top 20 every year. Most are unknown.

Any online tournament i have ever player in, there is one player throwing chips around that simply is not losing. If you dont recognise that statement, then you are lying.

This ganging up on subjects and using words like 'sad', 'stupid stuff'.... i would have to say back at yer boys, back at yer....

• Options
    You are impossible to communicate with. Like Phil said you have no intention to debate in a normal way. Or perhaps you do but due to mental health you cannot help but contort what is said to you as a self defense mechanism. It's unfortunate.

You won't be getting any more replies from me. Good luck.
  • Options
    Please doctor.... please
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Im not debating in 'a normal way'?.... i have to agree that big stacks=good players or im mental.... quite bizarre